1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

FI Fuel Pump Mod

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Vansmack, Jun 3, 2009.

1. ca-cycleworks Husqvarna

FWIW, I have seen Ducati started to use stainless steel hose clamps around the plastic clips on their similar fuel pumps. Why not get a 1" hose clamp and clamp that sucker?
    Shawbridgehusky likes this.
  2. craigs449 Husqvarna
    B Class

I did the fix yesterday.....I did two safety wires around the top, one including the clip, the other one above the clip. Then I did one from top to bottom. I also added a bit of wire to the orange (low fule sensor) wire and wrapped that sucker around the sensor. Hopefully, I won't have anymore "pushing my bike" problems !!
  3. stevesmith50 Husqvarna
    C Class

I did the fix today. I would post pics but they look just like everyone elses pics.

I was loosing power down shifting and braking with at least 3/4 of a gallon left. We'll see what this does.

Steve
  4. GT-Rx Husqvarna
    A Class

Guys, just a heads-up on the filter for those that dig into this... As pictured below, US fuels with ethanol will "soften" plastic filters and cause them to come apart in time. I highly recommend replacing the fuel filter with an all metal one, such as Wix 33032 (<$10). Just FYI.

[IMG]
  5. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

Where is this filter located on a 08 610?

6. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

First what is that filter out of ?
    If not a Husky don't alarm people and start a panic.
    Lots of keyboard mechanics and keyboard racers on here,
    Later George
  7. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I had a similar problem with over 1/2 tank of gas in it.

My pump died after big hits and would not restart until I took the pump out of the tank and fiddled with it.
  8. JimO Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2005 TE 450, '08 TE 510, '10 TXC 450
    keep in mind the stock Husky filter has a different size inlet than its outlet. That wix filter does not.
  9. racer514 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Can you update on your stalling situation? My 08 TE450 is having a stalling issue sometimes and just this weekend, it was difficult to start so I am intrigued.
  10. maddog82 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450
    08 TE450 My pump slipped as well. Low fuel light=start pushing.
    Thanks for the forum and fix everyone.
    Shawbridgehusky likes this.
  11. firebolter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    13TE300Berg,07KTM525EXC,13 HusWR165
    Everything I have read on this issue is with the fuel pump coming out of the nest, is mostly 08's and some 09's. Has anyone seen this mentioned on the 10's? Just curious.
  12. stushusky Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450
    Same problem on my 2010 TE450.
    I used a hose clamp to fix it.
    Also had the black wire come loose on the pump, the bike
    ran like it was running out of fuel and stall, then the pump would
    only prime intermittently.
  13. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Same problem on my 2010 TE450, pump was inching upwards, fixed it up according to this thread.
  14. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    So you no longer have a pump issue? Trying to keep all your posts straight regarding a suspected bad pump or.......on several threads so far. I know a dead pump is a major downer, because it's damn expensive.
  15. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I'm having trouble keeping up as well. It would be deal for him to only post to 1 thread... I really don't want to merge them.
  16. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    ????

This is the "Pump migrates out of the holster", right???

Someone asked if the 2010s were affected right?

I posted that I had a 2010 and it was still a problem and that I fixed the problem with help from this thread. Which is separate and distinct from my fuel pump seizing problem, which I didnt even mention, because that's not what is being discucced here. Someone else mentioned my other problem. Not me.

Why would you even think of merging this thread with any other??
  17. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I understand completely, but by having you post to multiple threads in about the same time frame it makes it difficult for people to keep up. They read a thread about a topic (fuel pump) then they see another thread about the same topic by the same person and they generally get a 'didn't I just read something similar?' moment.

I can see where you stated that you will post in fewer threads about the fuel pump issue from now on, that is probably the best solution.

I closed one thread, and I will merge a couple more. I also moved 2 threads from the efi forum cause fuel pumps really don't fall into the same category as iBeat/IBeat settings/powercommander/etc

This is a great thread and should stand on its own - it even has a reference to this thread in the tech ref section.
  18. Magiksc Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 SMR 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2010 YZ 450F
    I just picked up a 2008 SM 450R and will be checking to see if this was done on my bike... I had my bike die as if it was out of gas yesterday but the gas light was not on, so I am assuming this might be the issue.

Thanks!
  19. sempoe Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 te450
    Other Motorcycles:
    1990 harley
    This is the best way I feel. I just got a 2010 te450 and noticed it was stalling when breaking. found this posting and did the fix. shure is awsome to have this site. Thanks.
  20. Atacama Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE250

Hey waserman, it's been 4.5 years since your last post in this thread but am wondering how you got the bike fixed. I think I have a similar issue as you do. I took the pump out of the tank and indeed the pump had slipped out of its location. I went ahead and did the zip-tie mod. However, the bike won't start still. I do not hear the fuel pump starting up when I turn the ignition key on. I suspect a failed relay or failed pump. I will begin my troubleshooting tomorrow but am wondering if anyone has any insight into what could be going on.

Side question: If the fuel tank is empty, would I still hear the pump starting up when I turned the ignition key?

Thanks!