1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

FI Fuel Pump Mod

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Vansmack, Jun 3, 2009.

1. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    I like it- without seeing anyone else's pictorial suggestions this is pretty much what I thought of when they would describe it- I can't see a problem only a solution:thumbsup:
  2. husqdeeznutz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Is the vertical zip-ty working well or should I go with the safety wire? My clip hasn't slipped yet, but my bike is down so I figured I'd do this.
  3. OlivierTE250 Husqvarna
    A Class

Nice tread!

Is this fix required for '10 models? I'm picking up a new TE250 next Friday :)

Olivier
  4. Jrmobb Husqvarna
    AA Class

I believe so
  5. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Maybe remove it and see if it all looks the same. It has not been an issue on ALL FI bikes. I'll probably do it sometime but 1400 mi or so and no issue yet.
  6. pvmx510tc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450, Gp360, 3 510 twin shockers
    Other Motorcycles:
    VStrom, Maico,Monark,Bultaco, Norton
    just a thought, has any one used T&B (Thomas&Betts)brand of zip-tye? i've used them at work for years, they hold up much better + they're uv rated. the biggest advantage is the clip that snaps into groves is made of stainless steel. much stronger than other (cheap) stuff! yea i know, they're much more expensive. i get them at electrial supply stores, you have to look closely at clip to make sure it's s.s. not sure about soaking in gas, i'm trying it now. i use them on my vintage race bikes (like front brake cable) & they don't let go.
    Shawbridgehusky likes this.
  7. jlk_250 Husqvarna
    A Class

I have not, but I don't think the issue is that the stock ones slip, it's that the plastic material swells slightly in the gas. That's why I think it makes sense to use SS safety wire instead of zip ties.
  8. revin214 Husqvarna
    C Class

thanks

after doing some research and making a post about my stalling, then not running new husky, some one sent me a link to this thread.
    Very Helpful, thanks for posting this!

I have a feeling I will be using this site often
  9. exit90a Husqvarna
    AA Class

Bike started stalling under braking so I checked and the fuel pump had slipped it's mount. I tried to come up with a way to fix it that would not result in future slipping like some who used zip ties had experienced. Used safety wire looped around the hooked ends of each tab. It's very solid and I don't see how it could possibly slip again. Also found the orange wire on the low fuel sensor had snapped at the solder point. I used a zip tie here to maintain contact between the wire and the body of the sensor. I'll report back if any problems arise.

Attached Files:

10. jlk_250 Husqvarna
    A Class

I really like how the safety wire is routed. The orange wire, not so much. I would either resolder it or crimp a ring terminal on it.
  11. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    I did it just like BentAero in his post on the first page Except I did it with safety wire- however where it runs through the top between the hose and the 2 wireconnectors I threaded a small piece of 1/4 inch fuel/vent line to act as an insulator just incase the wire would have shifted and made a connection. After many rough miles I inspected and it did not shift or move or change.
  12. huskyte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09/te310
    I liked BentAero way the best so that is the way i did mine.
  13. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    I've seen one of these with a hose clamp used instead of the wire or zip tie.
  14. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    2 '08's done the BentAero way here. :usa:
  15. waserman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW KTM Honda
    I did a combination of BentAero and the threading around the holding tabs.The idea with a hose clamp also sounds like a good idea,I'll have mine out this up coming week to see if mine has moved at all.Although I think I have another problem,at 42 miles last week after running tall gearing 1 tooth more on the front and all roads I ran out of fuel.The light never came on and I still had gas in the tank,not sure how much but you could see it.The bike wouldn't start until I dumped about a liter+- into the tank.I'll measure it and see how much was left.I"m changing to an IMS 3 gallon,it's on the way.
  16. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Typically about .25 gal and that's about what's left in the IMS too. My light worked but I only went 10 miles. Same here, about a liter to get it back started.
  17. waserman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW KTM Honda
    :thumbsdown:Finally pulled the tank and measured fuel,over a gallon left in tank.I guess the fuel wasn't gone after all.I'm taking the bike back to the dealer to let them look at it and try and find out why it won't start after riding for a while.I go around 40 some miles and that's when the trouble starts,it sat for about 45 minutes the last time and then started again after dumping about a quart of fuel in the tank.I'm almost certain that was a coincidence.I now have 302 miles on the bike and every single time I have taken it out I've had some problem with it.:banghead:I hope they can fix what's wrong with it,I'm losing my confidence in the mechanical and electrical quality of this particular bike.
  18. waserman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW KTM Honda
    Well the verdict is in.The belief is that the pump relay isn't working 100% of the time.When the bike is hot and you go to start it the pump cycles but not not through it's full cycle,so I believe that it's not achieving full pressure.New relays are on the way and I'm switching out the pump relay with 1 of the other ones just to see if the problem disappears.
  19. spleno1 Husqvarna

New to biking, new to this forum, great post etc... Same shiz happened to me today and I kinda freaked out cause my back tire locked on me in a turn when this happened to me...! Anywhoo limped the bike to a gas station and now I will fix this small issue today. Ummmm also my fuel guage light is NOT working and I cant find the thread where this is located. :((
  20. Supermoto Husqvarna
    C Class

When I first noticed a similar problem I checked mine.

This is how it looked when I took it out

[IMG]

After fixing it once with another zip tie, the problem came back. So I made the zip tie ever tighter and I also safety wired it vertically. I haven't had any problems since.

[IMG]