Evap Can

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Wadejesu, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Ryguy Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    650 terra
    I doubt it, I just registered my bike in California without my evap can with no problems.
  2. Jon Knutson Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Terra ABS
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 KTM 450 SX-F (Street Legal)
    Did you import your bike from out of country, or just another state?
  3. Ryguy Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    650 terra
    brought it in from Colorado, The one thing that might give you trouble is not the can but the emissions sticker. The sticker is up on the left fork leg or head tube i believe. It took the dmv lady about ten minutes to find it. You might want to check your bike for that if you plan on registering it in California. I dont believe any other state will even care about it.
  4. Jon Knutson Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Terra ABS
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 KTM 450 SX-F (Street Legal)
    I'll be going to either Florida or New Mexico. I don't think either state cares about emmisions. The biggest thing I'm worried about is getting a title. In the UK you only get a "V5".
  5. RacerAV Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '13 Honda Ruckus, many others before
    Is this dead spot thing a common issue after the canister removal? Could it just be a vacuum problem somewhere?
  6. drzcharlie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Fayetteville, Arkansas with my Redheaded Mistress
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Burgman 650 (The Barcolounger)
    I have no dead spot? Hmmmm, did you plug up the vacuum line to the throttle body?
  7. RacerAV Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    I haven't done the mod yet. Just noticed that a few people had a dead spot in the throttle feel at 3k-3500 RPMs. As if there was some vacuum issue. Wondering if it was INDEED related to the electronic plug now not getting any info? That thing has to receive info and send it somewhere for some reason. Right?
  8. drzcharlie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Fayetteville, Arkansas with my Redheaded Mistress
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Burgman 650 (The Barcolounger)
    I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say "electronic plug"?
  9. hikewithmike Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    I did plug the Vaccum line, and pulled it up away from the engine heat. I'll take another look at it.
  10. RacerAV Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    the electrical connector, is the plug i'm referring to, not a vacuum line plug.
  11. hikewithmike Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    This is getting a bit frustrating. Having been off the bike for a few weeks (thank you bulging disk), I rode into work today after letting the bike idle for a bit with no improvement. It's annoying to blip the throttle and watch it hang for about 5-6 seconds before coming down slowly, as opposed to the quick return from before. I suppose the next step are recheck the line going to the throttle body. As regards the check engine light, I might try shorting the wires together that went to the now absent sensor and see if that resolve it. Is that sound?
  12. hikewithmike Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada

Yes, I believe we are talking about the same thing. The electrical connector had a line/hose going to the throttle body, correct? That is what I capped.
  13. hikewithmike Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    I aim to confirm this soon, when I did all this I injured my back and have been benched from the bike for the past couple and a half weeks.
  14. Glengemen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha Raider 1900
    Just for information I pulled the can off with absolutely no change. Just tuck the electrical plug into the harness and buy a vacuum cap set from your local auto parts store to cap it AT THE THROTTLE BODY. I did do a re-learn by doing a cold start and just letting it sit for 10 minutes running. I do have an occasional lean miss in the 3k range on light cruise. It was there before and after. Absolutely no change to the bike. In my book less parts is the better way to go though.
    msmith345 likes this.
  15. Clete Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '01 CR/WR 250, '13 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '06 Suzuki SV650 (gone)
    G-men,

Are you running the PCV
  16. Glengemen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha Raider 1900
    Actually the motor is completely stock. The evap can removal is the only thing done motor wise.
  17. Clete Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '01 CR/WR 250, '13 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '06 Suzuki SV650 (gone)
    Just curious. I am running just the PCV, with EVAP intact still. Recently had the hanging idle issue that some have spoke of, but mine would not idle down.....
  18. Glengemen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha Raider 1900
    I have went down to dynojet here in Vegas and talked to them not too long after getting the TR. He said asked me about a hanging throttle issue they were having on some of the TRs they were doing. This was almost a year ago though, you might give them a call and see if they worked this issue out. I think they will send you a program over email. The phone number is (702) 399-1423.
    I can assure you that the hanging idle issue wouldn't have anything to do with a good working can. I could see if it was saturated with fuel or if you have a vacuum leak relating to it then I would look at it. I removed mine just for the sake of getting rid of it.
  19. hikewithmike Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada

Not yet.
  20. eca Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Interceptor (sold)
    Removed the canister today and the bike seems for run great. I did notise that it idles at about 1700 rpm now during warm up. I also got an inline filter for the tank vent and used the rubber mount from the old solenoid.

IMG_20140501_120256.jpg