Dirt tire recommendation for sm610

Discussion in '610/630' started by Raaron12, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Raaron12 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 sm610
    So I am looking at getting a set of dirt tires for my sm 610. The terrain will mostly be loose dirt and sand. The only ones I have found that will fit are the shinko 244 and the continental TKC80. I just wanted to find out if anyone has ran either of these and get your opinions on them. The guy that owns the local shop where I order parts from said he had the shinkos on his drz and they were the scariest tire he has ever ridden on.
  2. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    This thread will give you all kinds of feedback on different makes/sizes, etc. Some good feedback in there on fronts also.

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/te630-rear-tire-replacement.20723/

I just finished a Shinko (forget which kind, though.) It's the only real budgety tire I've tried on my 630. I've gotta admit I was satisfied w/ it's performance but, predictably, it didn't last very long. Most don't, though, if you're doing any slab and not gently w/ the wrist. My favorite economical tire so far is the Michelin T63, which is what's on there now.
  3. Raaron12 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 sm610
    The SM only has 17inch rims and most of the tires in that thread are not made that small. The only 17 inch options I have found are the shinko 244 and the tkc80. If anyone knows of any other options besides that's 2 let me know so I can throw them in the mix as well.
  4. 1 wheel peel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    `12 ZX14R, `09 CBR1kRR, `08 B-King
    I only made it a couple of pages into that but it looked like mostly TE stuff.
    To the Op, I've been looking at some options here are a couple.
    Cheng Shin C755's in 4.60-17 and 5.10-17
    Heidenau K73's
    Pirelli MT60's
    If I'm not mistaken all of those were on WoodsChick's SM610 seen in the picture thread.
  5. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Oops- sorry guys...didn't pay enough attention and missed the SM part. My bad!
  6. Raaron12 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 sm610
    I had looked at the tires woodschick has ran in this thread http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/sm-to-te-conversion.12024/

I also found this thread which is how I found out about the shinko 244

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/na...y-installed-on-a-sm610-4-25-rear-wheel.35570/

I was told Cheng shin no longer makes motorcycle tires just atv so I cannot find or get the 755. The Pirelli and Heidenau are not aggressive enough as I will be using this set for dirt only I already have a set of Dunlop sport max for the street.
  7. 1 wheel peel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    That Shinko 244 and Kenda Big Block are good lookin tires....
  8. Spice Weasel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM610
  9. Raaron12 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 sm610
    So I ended up getting the IRC VE-33 because they were the most aggressive tires I could find. They are not DOT approved and both are listed as a rear tire they came in the same size as the shinko 4.60 and 5.10. The 5.10 for the rear I ordered from Amazon was $67.88. And the front 4.60 was a few dollars cheaper on Amazon but I ordered from motorcycle superstore so I would qualify for free shipping on the tubes I was ordering $61.99. Once I get them mounted I will take some pictures of them on the bike.

http://www.irc-tire.com/en/mc/products/dirt/ve35f-ve33/

Attached Files:

10. Sh00pa Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha R6
    I would stay away from tkc080 they are okay but nothing to write home about. The front is too washy because of the 17. I honestly wouldn't put dirt tires on the SM. The results aren't really great, you can do the same thing on slicks.
  11. Flynn Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    I always liked the look of the Mitas E08 for some light off road work.
    [IMG]
    They've got just enough tread to bite rather than slip on a loose surface.
  12. DGA Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 Tuono, 2003 Gas Gas 450 SM
    [IMG]I just stuck some Continental TK80's on the bike and they've worked out really well. I'm amazed at the grip on the street too. It really gives up nothing to street tires this side of a felony.
    1 wheel peel likes this.
  13. 1 wheel peel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Old post I know but what size did you go with? I'm not seeing our size listed.