TE630 Rear Tire Replacement

Discussion in '610/630' started by WhiteAndRed, Sep 28, 2011.

1. WhiteAndRed Husqvarna
    A Class

The rear Karoo on the 630 is pretty big at 140/80-18 and I gotta replace it at about 2000 miles.

The Dunlop 606 is universally recommended for DS but is not offered in this size.

So I'm looking at the Karoo 2 and Terraflex.

What are you all replacing the oem tires with?
  2. strongleftleg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Don't get hung up on getting a 140 size tire
    Different manufacturers use different sizing scales.
    A 130 Dunlop 606 is plenty big
  3. johngil Husqvarna
    A Class

You can even go to a 120 if need be.
    Don't sweat the 130 on the 606 or MT21.
  4. willie Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Replaced mine with a Dunlop 606. No noticable difference in size. Much better off road tire but a bit noisier on the highway.
  5. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

My 140/80 MT21 is a bit narrower than the factory Karoo.
  6. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I run the MT21, 140/80.
  7. bmah Husqvarna
    AA Class

Mefo Explorer 140-80/18. Pretty happy so far
  8. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Have also tried a 140/80 karoo 2 (like the tread pattern better for dirt use) and a Michelin enduro comp III 140/80 (a bit narrower than stock but night and day better in sand/mud and dirt)
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  9. ContraHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

Pirelli MT43 DOT-rated trials tire. Mmmmmm....good. Smooth on the highway, amazing grip in dirt. Not so good for genuine mud, though.
  10. tslewisz Husqvarna
    A Class

Anybody running the Teraflex on the 630? Pretty sure people run them on 610's but I've been wondering if it'll fit, for sure.
  11. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    What kind of mileage do you get out of that?
  12. ContraHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

Dunno...sold the 610 it was on after about 1k miles on the tire. It hardly looked worn.

Waiting till my factory tires are worn out to get one for the 630. I like the MT43 in the rear and a 606 (or similar) in the front.
  13. pinocono Husqvarna
    AA Class

A lot of folks out here in SoCal like that Pirelli M43 Trials tire. I'll most like be putting one on when the stock Karoo wears out. Like ContraHusky said, it's crap in real mud, but it's great in our deserts.
  14. shaun hamer Husqvarna

Picking up Pirelli Scorpion Pro DOT Enduro front and rears tomorrow and fitting them over the weekend. About the same price as the Dunlop's, give or take a couple of bucks. Be glad to get the OEM's off.... they were bad new and now they're bad slicks!
  15. TE 450 Pilot Husqvarna
    AA Class

TKC-80 from Continental on the front and a Mefo Super Explorer on the rear

The Mefo..
    [IMG]
  16. deepcdiver Husqvarna
    AA Class

that is a great long distance 50/50 ombo for sure.

hey, I just mounted a oair of the Pirelli mt43 trials tires, what are people using for street pressure? i started with dealer recommended 30 psi and hate it, I think because the rear is only using the center lug and squirming, I will air down for more contact.

yes I realize ppl use 8-12 in the dirt, I am speaking pavement here....
  17. ContraHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

I liked mine at about 22...
  18. shaun hamer Husqvarna

Just fitted my new Pirelli's. Can't believe they're DOT tires, but the label is on them, so up your's cop!!! Can't wait to get on the dirt with them. IMG_3684.JPG IMG_3686.JPG IMG_3686.JPG IMG_3684.JPG IMG_3686.JPG IMG_3687.JPG IMG_3688.JPG
  19. CindyTalk Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310 (TE 630)
    Dunlop D605 50 - 50 front and rear. Thinking about the 606's

Any recommendations on on 70 off road 30 on? I just need to get (on road) to the trails.
    Main forest track is hard sharp rock, sand , ruts then smaller muddy stuff of the main trails
  20. ColdC Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have 1k miles on the new 630 and have ridden ~ 45/55 dirt/tarmac. I think that the stock rear is fine but that the front leaves much to be desired.
    Just bought a pair of MT-21s and will give those a go when I wear out the rear Karoo... planning to up that dirt/tarmac ratio to 70/30...