1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC Difference between the TE 150 and the WR 150 ?

Discussion in '2st' started by Jersey Woods, Feb 25, 2018.

1. NH-JP 2nd Fastest Old, Slow Guy!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    1988 Honda Hurricane,
    Hmmmmmmmm....

Ok, so while not on a 150, 2 seasons ago on my 2015 TE 250 if I started off the line with both electric AND kick start at the same time (takes a little feel with the kicker for correct placement), I started nailing some good starts.

This past season, on my 2017 TE 300 , electric start only, I was bagging the hole shot 50% of the time.

The new model e-start is really good.

The guy who was consistently close to me was kick starting a yz250 set up for the woods.
  2. NH-JP 2nd Fastest Old, Slow Guy!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    1988 Honda Hurricane,
    Oh yeah, a milk crate on the line if kicking helped me as well.
    I’m only 5’9” and I was off balance on the kick.
    On the crate, starting higher up, the natural motion of the kick brought me down into a balanced seated position to take off from.
  3. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Yeah, your only moving your thumb a 1/4 inch for split second, while left foot on peg, bike in gear and clutch in. Sometimes as soon as you hit button, I already have my kicker leg up on the peg as well.

Best part is when you crash, you can grab your clutch and hit button when your raising the bike and it’s running as you throw your leg over it. Versus standing bike up, flipping kicker out then kicking.

That’s why all my vehicles don’t have the front hand cranks on them.

I get that you guys are weight consious (bike wise), But really at the end of the day it is, fitness conditioning, diet, training, improving riding skills and experience.
  4. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I agree the fitness training diet exercise and riding skills play the biggest part...80 percent rider 20 percent bike...guess it's preference...a button certainly can be a good thing... but when riding my tc and te 250 back to back at faster then playrider pace I felt the weight diff and.preferred the close ratio transmission in the woods...all good...between the small starter and light battery..not much weight added!
    Jersey Woods likes this.
  5. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC 250 F Honda 300 ATV
    The E Start is just something that came with this bike and was not a deal breaker without it. I rode my WR in all the off camber, and tight woods stuff and was good with it. If you stalled, it is a pain in the neck, but that's part of riding. I bought a new bike to upgrade my self and enjoy having somethings my other bike does not have. And honestly this bikes feels just as light as my WR. I also like the lighting kit it came with. We have issues that we have to deal with here in New Jersey, and this helps avoid some of them. Everyone has their preferences and that's why we all ride. :cheers:
    fletchman45 likes this.
  6. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Stalling a 250 at least can suck...i won't lie I did very good at duquette enduro last year however I crashed like twice in a row and was well...tired and beat up...it was tight single track and two guys had to wait app 30 seconds to a minute for me to start bike...tired and did not kick hard enough..i did realize at that moment had I had electric start I would not have held them up...however had I been in better physical shape......that would work to...
  7. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    My tc250 was easy to kick but will always prefer the magic button :) if they ever came out with a TX150 I don't think I could hold off on getting a small bore anymore. Congrats on the new bike JW, im obsessed with reading about the 125/150's
    Jersey Woods and fletchman45 like this.
  8. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Ooo9. The thing I find that sucks is they don't make a tc 150...i would have to buy a 125 then have big bore kit installed...so same price as 250....this 14 is 4mm over making it sane bore and stroke as Italian husky...i thought you had to stroke older engine but I guess not...was ported and 4 mm over..hope the thing don't blow up...
    LandofMotards likes this.
  9. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    I got out this morning with a group of guys and we rode 40 miles of some really tough sections of fire cuts, clapped out tight woods whoops, fast sand whoops and the bar to bar stuff that you just have to weave through. I can honestly say this bike has won me over. There was nothing and I mean nothing that this bike could not handle. I think the way it floated through the whoops and never missed a beat was over the top. I could not get over how this bike handled in the sugar sand fire cuts with all the stumps and pine trees that have fallen from the storms this winter. I am a decent C rider and I am by no stretch of the imagination the fastest guy on the planet. I can ride pretty fast when I want to but I can also just dial it down too. I have been thinking of some of the real cool things this bike has. And one of them is the way you change some of settings on the fly depending in the riding conditions. We were in a bar to bar section that I had to just lug through because of how tight it was. When we got out of that section, I made an adjustment to what we were riding and I was smiling ear to ear. I really love my WR and I think it's a great woods bike all around. But I think this bike has some better power delivery and much better suspension right out of the box. I also really like the bigger gas tank and the fuel consumption seems to be a bit better. So far I have not found a down side to this bike.

After today's ride I cleaned it up real well like I normally try to do. Tomorrow I will start going through it and seeing if anything came loose and get better idea of what happens after a pretty hard ride.
  10. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

More then likely you won't find nothing lose...and kind of for what these bikes cost they should hold up..my little experience with the explorer fork was it was caddilac plush however at A class pace inferior to a revalved tc aer air fork...im sure I could of messed around with the clickers...i weigh 165 and it was lost in fast whoops...not as bad as a 250 pound 2012 gas gas but I felt it..plush wise it was probably the best stock fork I have felt for woods riding...
    Jersey Woods and LandofMotards like this.
  11. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Kind of crazy to not hear about how bad the forks are (with either new style). The 4cs seemed to pop up in every thread no matter what. Both seem to be a huge step up depending on your style of riding. Think my wife is on board enough that she won't be too pissed when I pick up a new bike lol
    Jersey Woods likes this.
  12. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    Now that I have ridden this bike a real lot and have it set up to my riding style, I really love this bike. Tweaking the suspension and jetting have made world of difference. I have real sense of confidence in this bike that in some tough conditions, this bike will be up to the task. I really love this thing in the sand and whoops. My WR took a certain riding style for me and it was good. But this thing is just gas and go and let it all hang out. I can't say I ride fearless, but do ride this bike a bit harder than any bike I have ridden in recent memory. When I take my WR out, I can instantly feel the difference but I still love that bike.In a nutshell, I rate my TE 150 very highly and I'm glad I got one.
    dartyppyt and LandofMotards like this.