1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC Difference between the TE 150 and the WR 150 ?

Discussion in '2st' started by Jersey Woods, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Yes. I posted that just before you did..... "Just a tick over 10lbs difference between TC125 and TE150, by the Husky spec sheets. Lights,etc are needed for me to ride enduros. At some point I'd like to have both!"

I have zero interest in riding a 250 of any brand.... I just don't like them!
  2. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC 250 F Honda 300 ATV
    Well I saw for myself the difference between the two bikes are today. I was just taken aback at what the 2018 TE 150 had going on. One of the things was the adjustments that can be made on the power valve, and how the motor will respond with those adjustments. The E Start was pretty cool to. I did not get a real good feel of what the suspension would be like in the stuff I ride in when I took a test ride today. But from my understanding they are pretty good right out of the box. About the only thing I was not excited about was the crappy kick stand KTM has been known for. But that is what it is. I decided to buy one and will I be picking it up next Saturday..
  3. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Well that escalated quickly lol. Congrats on the new bike!
    Norman Foley and Jersey Woods like this.
  4. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    It's a sweet bike and a big step forward compared my '15 Husky TE125/150. Once you ride one, you want one. I got a test ride on a poorly jetted '17, right after an enduro which I rode my '16 KTM 200(The bike all the small bore KTM guys worship) and I couldn't sell it fast enough and get the '18 TE150!
    jimmyc and Jersey Woods like this.
  5. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    It did escalate quick.... Honestly I was in the market for a new bike and this was an easy choice.. I can have the best of both worlds with my WR and the TE...

My brother was so impressed he said he my get rid of his new Yamaha and get on a Husky... He would get on a 250 or a 350....
  6. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I finally get to try a small bore soon. Buddy just picked up a new 150sx. We'll see, I may be telling my wife how sorry I am when I get back from the dealer lol
  7. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:

I can only imagine what this bike once set up for my size and weight will be like in the sand, whoops , mud and tight pine trees sections we ride in. My WR is a woods weapon in that stuff. The big bore bikes whoop me up in the open stuff, but i can even it up in the tight stuff.
    steadydirt and Norman Foley like this.
  8. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Congratulations and enjoy!
    Jersey Woods likes this.
  9. PaulD Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr250( sold)
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Sprint RS. Honda TRX300EX Be
    Congrats JW you must be awake all night studying the brochure! My buddy just picked up his 2018 TE300 sat and I got to ride it today wow smoothest running 2 stroke ive ever ridden. Bike feels really refined. Good luck with your new toy!
    Jersey Woods likes this.
  10. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

TC all the way no need to care around all that extra stuff
    Norman Foley likes this.
  11. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    If you rode the east coast woods John, you'd understand.....
    steadydirt, NH-JP and Jersey Woods like this.
  12. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    I am ordering a set of bark busters this morning. That is about the only thing that this bike should need. I was impressed with size of the gas tank and the fact that it has a skid plate on it already....
  13. NH-JP 2nd Fastest Old, Slow Guy!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    1988 Honda Hurricane,
    You might want to order a banjo bolt brake switch for the bike. Plug and play to stick a plate on it.
    On my 300 I added the shark fin and pipe guard as well. Maybe because the 150 is so much lighter, it won't get banged up!
    Jersey Woods likes this.
  14. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:

That sounds like a great idea for the Banjo and the pipe guard.
  15. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    Update....And some random thoughts..

Bob from Central Jersey Cycles in Eatontown NJ had told me that this bike would be pretty good right out of the box and he was right on the money..

I like to tinker and I was sorting the bike out to my liking, and I played with the jetting a tiny bit yesterday. Because I thought it was a running a tiny bit rich.I'm pretty sure I have it where I want it, because it really feels good and the motor is running real strong. I just have say that I'm also really liking the suspension on this bike. It takes some real hard whoops, roots and stumps and the balance of the bike is really really good. I rode a 10 mile section this morning that had a lot of handle bar to handle bar tight pine trees and a bunch of stumps. and mud. I liked the nimbleness and agility of the way it went through this stuff. I plan on riding a few hare scrambles this year, and I'm just really excited to ride a competition event with this bike..... Riding with my group of friends is one thing, but riding an event is another. It takes the comfort level of the people you are riding with out of the equation... And I want to get that feeling of what I will do in those situations. I'm in it to have fun and I don't ever lose that perspective of why I love riding. I'm also so very thankful that I can afford a new bike, and that my wife and kids are totally cool with the fact that I love to ride.

Bottom line... If you want one of these bikes and can find one, just buy it. I'm glad I could get one in my area...
  16. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    I went for a little ride took a small video this morning. I just had to get a ride in before we head out to see our family for Easter dinner.. The more I ride this bike, the more I love it. There is no down side to this bike IMO.

View: https://youtu.be/wiCh7CZIO6s
    jimmyc, PaulD, LandofMotards and 2 others like this.
  17. NH-JP 2nd Fastest Old, Slow Guy!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    1988 Honda Hurricane,
    Looking good down there.
    Glad you were able to get out!
  18. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:

I'm glad I got out yesterday morning ... Because it's snowing here and we have about 3 inches on the ground right now...:rolleyes:
  19. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    And Midwest. You would be amazed at your dead engine start results off the line.

By the time everyone has there kicker down by there foot peg. You are already leaving.
    Norman Foley likes this.
  20. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Sorry I don't buy it...dead engine start...unless possibly your kicking a old school red 300....the bike is in gear...clutch in kick lever out...etc...a good experienced rider can easily leave the line just as fast without electric start as he can with electric start...he also has the benefit of a 10 pound lighter bike...with a smallbore and 15 with a bigbore...think weight don't matter??? Ok sure tell me a heavier bike will brake as good....turn as good...handle as good...im with ajax...tc all the way...unless I get it your playriding or need a plate to connect trails..or h ec your knee is shot...but I myself can leave as fast with a kicker...and alot of fast guys still use a kicker with dead engine start...its a for sure thing...i would not even consider a beta now because of have to spend 400 to put a kick backup on for piece of mind..