1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC Difference between the TE 150 and the WR 150 ?

Discussion in '2st' started by Jersey Woods, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC 250 F Honda 300 ATV
    I plan on keeping my WR 150 because I love that bike. But I'm really thinking of buying a new TE 150. Is there a major difference in the handling and engine performance ? Before I bought my WR, i was real happy with the input I received here and it really helped me make the decision to buy that bike...
  2. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I think you would really be happy. I've had alot of cr/wr 125-150s...they are great bikes! However to me they are like two inches taller then the te 150.....i had a 13 150 with a 12 tooth front sprocket and full fmf exhaust and in a drag against a 14 or 15 150 ktm...they were pretty even except top speed the ktm would take it by a ways..if the new 150 explorer forks are anything like my 2018 te 250 I personally think stock they are better then my revalved kyb Italian husky forks...ergos and thinking seem to be better...i had piles of broken radiator shrouds from the wide Italian bikes.... zero on the ktm built huskys..i think it is a better bike and should be...its current...what I find amazing is the te weighs 205 with electric start It's lighter then your wr! A cr 150 weighs right around 204....and a new tc 125 weighs 195...crazy...the Italians were using a dated proven design with more emphasis on durability then weight. . The juice clutch is great but the cable clutch was pretty nice as well...i think you will be pleased..let us know your thoughts in comparing the two back to back..let someone chime in here but I bet you will have three more horsepower practically across the board except down low...my Lord the 125 tc has 39 hp!
    Jersey Woods likes this.
  3. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fO0HyGWZPk&feature=youtu.be

Check out some of my video from el centro national on a 2017 TC 125 Motor is stock 125 has a Kehien carb V Force reeds FMF pipe and turbin core muffler Zip Ty Racing cleaned up the head
    Stock gearing I raced the Italian 125 and Walt smith 165 for years both great bikes but not near as good as this new Husky
  4. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks for the input. I will try and take a one for a ride real soon. If this bike handles better than my WR 150, I'm all in..... And if O buy one, I can have the best of two worlds....
  5. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Better suspension, Frame, Electric start, You should try a 17-18 TE250 they are really tame and easy to ride. I was going to buy a 17-te150 but rode one and jetting was way off like all new 17 te come stock and was a little disappointed. Rode another guys te250 that was jetted right and really like it has a 4 stroke like powerband very easy to ride, chugs amazingly low. My 17te250 is way better bike than my 2013 wr165 was. Not to say wr165 was a bad bike it was very good just like new 17te250 that much better.
  6. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:

I'm really gonna have to ride both then... I just wanna make sure what ever I buy it's gonna be well handling and fun to ride. I did ride a friends new FC 350 in the fall and I was really happy with the suspension. It was right out of the box and set up real nice. If one of those bike handles like that, Id be good...
  7. jimmyc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 TXC449, 09 SM610, WR250, plated
    Other Motorcycles:
    18YZ250X GS1200 busa duc900SS GG
  8. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    I sold my WR150 mainly because I had the new bike bug. Got an 18 150xcw. The e-start and hydro clutch make the new bike feel more modern, but I can't honestly say there's a huge diffference in engine or chassis performance. My WR had a Sachs shock and KYB forks and that's a tough combo to beat. You will not be disappointed to keep the WR or to buy the new bike. Great problem to have !
    Jersey Woods and Dirtdame like this.
  9. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    I'm gonna take a test ride next Saturday. The dealer I bought my WR from has bikes in stock and he has a place to test ride them. That sealed the deal for me when I bought my WR.
  10. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I know it doesn't matter to a bunch of people, but the lighter weight is nice for me! Estart 150, that's lighter than my '09 WR125/144/165 was and my '15 TE125/150. That's impressive! I'm spoiled by riding a modern 147lbs trials bike..... Even my slightly over 200lbs '18 TE150 feels big now!
  11. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I'm with norm....now add and aer fork to that bike and you have a 200 pound electric start enduro bike...that is simply crazy! Considering the red motocrosser was around 206 dry....i guess when you have deep pockets and brains for r and d you get dependable light weight...but the red bike was still great!
    Jersey Woods likes this.
  12. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Then there is the TC Husky 2017 and up that is even lighter. No need for a heavy flywheel or a e button on mine My TC is working out great
    so far. I have done 3 National Hare and Hounds and some King of the Moto Trails and it really works well I am so glad I went with the TC over the TE
    pvduke, fletchman45 and Norman Foley like this.
  13. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I'm a cripple and need the button...
  14. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    I'm lazy and need the button...

You all and your weight fetish crack me up. I enjoy a light bike, but can't tell the difference between a full tank at the beginning and an empty tank at the end. And how many pounds is that? Ya, a lot.
  15. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I'm with ajax....i have rode a tc 250 set up for woods and a te 250 with proper woods gearing back to back and I will tell you at a level trophy pace my weak old bones feel the 15 pounds heavier te bigtime..in corners...thru whoops...etc...i would go tc 125 with 150 kit....195 pounds....when I just poke around on the te at a b or c rider pace then I honestly don't notice the 15 pounds....when pushed I feel it...
  16. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    TE150 to TC125.... 8 lbs.
    fletchman45 likes this.
  17. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

This is just like a few years back when we were talking Wr vr. CR time to ride
    fletchman45 likes this.
  18. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    YMMV so.......

both great scoots. both fast after propper set-up and JD kits.

new Huskatoom is lighter and handles better in my opinion- quicker/lighter steering, no headshake.

my new TC125 comapred to a TE150 is way different, i like the zap and roll-on on my TC better than the TE that i rode- the difference is well- different. they do share the same pipe, black box, carb and stuff so..... i've ridden both and picked both up on and off a work stand. TC is lighter (at least 12# +/-) and lighter feeling than the TE150, and the TE150 is lighter feeling than the small pasta WR and feels more stable. the pasta WR was a bit nervous with my set-up at high speeds compared to the new TE/TC. my TC is stock- no mods. my WR had a couple bolt on goodies but again, stock, no real mods.

side note: the TE150 tank slips right on the TC125 no mods. i dont need lights, button, battery etc...so i got the TC and converted it for off-road looking for the weight edge and all that moto stuff. plus the AER fork is just way cool, takes 5 seconds to change set-up and plush with killer bottoming resistance. on my video there's 2 big g-outs, i can hit them in 3rd, down shift in the air and just keep going. the TC suspension is just kick-ass in rocks, logs and hi-speed stuff. the new TC / TE are both super flickable and stable they are really good.

my ' 09 WR125 (and i've riddne the newer pasta WR tiddlers a bunch) compared to the TE/TC tiddlers: both are really good and solid but the new Huskatoom is a bit better all around (with way better suspension) with better parts supply chain and lighter feeling. both pasta and huskatoooms are great scooters, and they are both way different with the nod to the TC/TE handling/seat height/weight/service wise and i flogged the living crap outa all of mine in some truly ugly and fast stuff with nary an issue ever that i can recall and i'm really impressed with the TE/TC small bores big time really nice stuff.

389798_143760722397760_2103308114_n.jpg

20180117_195402a (1).jpg
  19. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Just a tick over 10lbs difference between TC125 and TE150, by the Husky spec sheets. Lights,etc are needed for me to ride enduros. At some point I'd like to have both!
  20. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Pretty sure its 10 pounds...add 2 pounds to each bike off the advertised dry weight...thats what the h uskys seem to be off...10 pounds is alot if you don't need lights and odometer or a bad as- fork....revalved aer on my tc well just feels better then my 18 te fork...im 52 but while I like the idea of electric start for trailriding would rather not have it...for racing....come on norm a 8 year old can start a 125...lol...but yea I wish they made a tc 150 it sucks to buy a tc 125 then the kit and install....now you have the same money as a tc 250.....halls is out of tc 125s at the moment.