De-catting a std 09 610

Discussion in '610/630' started by alanB, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Blazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Eddie Seel 634SMR works Replica -
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilla Dosodoro 2X 2009 610
    Looks like you having FUN Dom -- great stuff -------
  2. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    I thought about shortening them too and then decided to keep it simple and just reassemble. Looks good though. You'll love it.
  3. BiG DoM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just put the pipe on - looks great and sounds fantastic, if slightly on the loud side :rolleyes: The decatted pipe weighed in at just over 2 kg (5lb) and the gutted internals weighed 1.9kg (4lb) - significant weight loss. Now to do the PU and test.
  4. alanB Husqvarna
    A Class

5. BiG DoM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks - got that link bookmarked already :D - also got two of the resistors (one spare)... I also have a lamda plug (in fact two) that came with some BMW Remus headers which should work as I am sure are standard size. I have also sourced a JD Jetting PC in new condition for good price ... so all coming together. :applause:

6. alanB Husqvarna
    A Class

That's interesting, very keen to hear how that turns out!
  7. thn Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 610 '06
    I know it's old but imageshack is crapped and pics are gone, is it possible to reupload;

Thank you.
  8. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    Looks like his latest posts are from June this year, so maybe he still has them.
    If you continue through the thread there is more description and more photos, I'm pretty sure mine are still up.

This is an easy mod that pays huge dividends in flow and temp, nice mellow sound. I'm still running my dual cans with the gun-sight end caps - love 'em!

Let us know if you need more help with it.

EDIT:
    Looks like this link still works too. Was great stuff to work with.
    I just folded the ends in around the end pieces, wrapped in fiberglass matt and wired, and reassembled by riveting it together. 7K miles and working just great.