De-catting a std 09 610

Discussion in '610/630' started by alanB, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thank you very much Blazes, for taking the time and doing the pictorial :applause::notworthy:
    Did you get to weigh it to see how much lighter it is?

:thumbsup::thumbsup:plus a :cheers:
  2. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    Thank you for the pics and white up! I am guessing that is a 610 can? Looking in to my 630 pipes there are spark arrestor screens that I don't see in you pics. Maybe the internals are different for different regions?
  3. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

^^It looks exactly like my 08 610SM [IMG]
    Hey Blazes, I saw a video of someone who did the same thing to his can on SMJ only he took it a step further and cut about seven inches from the length of it
    On his video you can hear a horrendous amount of back fires from the engine
    Does your de-cut pipe do the same?

[IMG]
  4. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    I use a mix of leaded fuel nearly all the time. It was recommended for two reasons, one the octane and the other the lead to soften the hit of the valves. I mix 114L Sunoco (one gallon) to 4 gal. of the highest octane leaded unleaded I can find (usually 91 or 93). This isn't necessary if you're riding at 8000 feet or if the bike's compression is more like 10:1 rather than 13:1.
  5. Blazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Eddie Seel 634SMR works Replica -
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilla Dosodoro 2X 2009 610
    Rode today with a friend on his 09.610 te i did this week --actually he has not done the o2 kit yet and only the pipe that i catted for him --feels great and also runs quiter than my arrows. When i take the other 610te out of the crate i have later this year i will not waste my bucks on the Arrow pipe ---i rather like the sound of the decatted 610 stock pipe and the smooth power it puts out ---
  6. moto66 Husqvarna
    A Class

Agree. The OE Husky end can/s and headers are not at all bad. The product is good, albeit very restricted due to emissions regs, but this is only in the cans, not the header. I've done the same with my 510, saved a packet and learnt some about the bike along the way. If you want titanium and ultimate weight savings cool but I'd sooner mod the gear I bought and dump some loose change or get some lightweight tools. Pay your money, take your choice [IMG]
  7. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

Does his backfires really bad?
    I just started to notice that when pushed, mine (complete stock [IMG] still...) does backfire a little too, though it is a non issue (sound wise) with the stock muffler
    Is it because the ECU was not trip to the race map, or is that just how they are?
    Positivley de-cutting instead of buying a pipe, just wants to get a feel for the backfire thing...

[IMG]
  8. Blazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Could not have said it better myself [IMG]
    moto66 likes this.
  9. Blazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Does not back fire at all --Runs great and sounds great --will see when we do the O2 kit later --
    Muddy Waters likes this.
  10. moto66 Husqvarna
    A Class

Thought I'd throw this link in. You seem to have much lower octane rated fuels? My SMR's handbook refers to using 98 RON and 'if knocking or pinking occurrs try a different brand or higher octane rating': page 121. So I run the 'super' rated UK unleaded, it's dearer but follows Husky's advice. Others may find attached explanation useful or of interest [IMG]

http://www.petrolprices.com/about-fuel.html
  11. Rough Rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hi Blazes, do you know if the pipe on my bike was done the same way (Tyre Kicker's old bike)?
  12. Blazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I unfortunately don't Normam Smith -The Husky agent at Kylami --Where he bought the bike from did it -
  13. Blazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thank's moto 66 very informative [IMG]
  14. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    I think the back-firing on decel is a lean condition, so yes, it's likely because you're not running the rich ECU race settings. I put an Athena kit on my 08 TE 250 and it was back-firing like a dry popcorn fart until we hooked up the Athena ECU that richens it to around 14.3 to 1. It could stand to be even a little richer but that's it for the Athena ECU...it's in there hard.
    Muddy Waters likes this.
  15. nickterc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 610ie
    I use 100 octane gasoline on my bike and it pops only if im in for a little noise and keep the throttle a lliiiitttllleeee bit open during deccelaration.Otherwise its quiet and relaxed!(Stock exhaust-No PU kit)
  16. alanB Husqvarna
    A Class

This reply is a bit ambiguous. Can you please clarify.

Can you use leaded fuel or not? Have you used leaded fuel before?

Thanks
    Alan
  17. coryvieth Husqvarna

Can anyone point me in the direction of where to get the at inner core for the exhaust? I've been to some exhaust shops in town and no one has them. I can't seem to find them online either.
  18. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    Yeah, where to get the inner perf core?
    What about the sparky screen and baffle in the 630? I would love to de-cat and open it all the way up but save the sparky. Gotta have that here for the forest. Well, anywhere offroad for that matter.
  19. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    Got my 2" from ebay, there's also a bike shop in CA that sells it
  20. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS