1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Beware all 13 redhead owners. Blown hose & more

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by fire1998, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    "!+1
  2. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    I'll see if I can get pricing on the unit first.
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    I remember Ty had those trick oil coolers made for the ZipTy Racing TXC450/510s
  4. STEVEL Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC 250 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM450 EXC 2006
  5. dfriz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    1200 Aprilia Dorsoduro
    What SS filter are we using ? thx
  6. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    Tinken likes this.
  7. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have said this many times on this site. My 2010 tc250 blew up at 50 hours for no real reason other than a weak design never had any bike turn oil black so fast and run so hot and hard to start sometimes. My cr165 also took out a connecting rod bearing but after five years and way over 250 hours, a very good designed motor. Tc cost over $2000.00. Cr cost under $800.00 to fix and cr165 is lighter and quicker bike. I would never buy or tell someone to buy no matter how cheap a Husky 250 x-light bikes the motors are junk. This is my own oppion and might be wrong.
  8. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Too bad on your bike .. Feel free to educate all of us about this weak design...
    Tinken likes this.
  9. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    You are partially right, they do blow up, but for a specific reason. Oil flow. And I would like to think or hope that I have helped many of the riders on this forum prolong that event.
  10. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    lol ... Thats called giving someone an easy out ... :)
  11. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
  12. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    I was looking around for the link to the active component in Maxilube. It uses mineral oil as the carrier and 5% ADDP. Link also shows ZDDP, Zinc Dialkyldithiocarbamate, the anti friction additive in most automotive oils.
    ADDP = Antimony Dialkyldithiocarbamate

http://www.tiarco.com/Gease and Lube Dithiocarbamates.htm
  13. STEVEL Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC 250 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM450 EXC 2006
  14. fire1998 Husqvarna
    AA Class

L.p.quote="Pedec, post: 391987, member: 1849"]I have said this many times on this site. My 2010 tc250 blew up at 50 hours for no real reason other than a weak design never had any bcpoe turn oil black so fast and run so hot and hard to start sometimes. My cr165 also took out a connecting rod bearing but after five years and way over 250 hours, a very good designed motor. Tc cost over $2000.00. Cr cost under $800.00 to fix and cr165 is lighter and quicker bike. I would never buy or tell someone to buy no matter how cheap a Husky 250 x-light bikes the motors are junk. This is my own oppion and might be wrong.[/quote]

Just ran my 13 xlite thru a major heat cycle. Not sure how many current 4 strokes could have survived it. Ive also changed oil after every ride and has nothing but Mobil 1 and XF coolant in it..
  15. fire1998 Husqvarna
    AA Class

What do you mean by flip the grommet? I just put mime straight put of package into bike and it fit fine. I bought magnet that Tinken suggested, but it didn't look like it would allow cover to fit back on tight.
    Tinken likes this.
  16. scotty Husqvarna
    A Class

Stevel. I got my s+s filter from kickdirt here in the UK. Also use Mobil 1 in my 310r.
    There is a lot of very good info on here, Tinken and his crew have been sorting Huskys out for years so you have to listen to them. No point in re-inventing the wheel eh .

Scotty
    Tinken and Pedec like this.
  17. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Theses motors run hot not sure why sounds like oil lube problem, have a weak connecting rod design that may also be a oil related problem I am not really sure to be honest. I changed oil every 2 rides or 2 hours with full synthectic oil cleaned air filter as needed and ran filter skin. I am c rider that was not riding bike WOT all the time. I really take good care of my bikes and generally have good luck with all my motorized toys I have since I do not try to wreck shit. This TC250 has a history of problems I found out after phoning around to shops to find out how to fix it. image.jpg
  18. Wolf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC and FC 125/250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes
    I just ordered 2 of these filters for my 11 TXC 250. Done with the paper filters. Saw one sucked in (paper element) on a different bike (non husky)...good enough for me.
  19. Buzybraza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 KTM 525 EXC & 2008 KTM 950 SE
    It is easy to get confused reading stuff about these oil filters (paper x stainless mesh).

I like my KTM RFS motor beacuse because it has 2 oil filters so I run one paper and one stainless!

Now with my TE310R I don't know what to do..... Stainless sounds better to me except for the "how to clean" issue.... Some people claim you need an agitator to properly clean them....
  20. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Take the little rubber grommet out and flip it over. This will yield a few more mm's for oil to pass around the filter.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    robertaccio likes this.