1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Beware all 13 redhead owners. Blown hose & more

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by fire1998, Feb 22, 2014.

1. fire1998 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sitting in hotel room in Laughlin Nv a little pissed. After leading our class for most of race my 13 TXC 310, with 10 hours on it, blew a radiator hose. The elbow going into water pump was rubbing on the side of the head. It was not down low at water pump where there was an issue on some earlier bikes. I had no idea that it had happened. Only reason I knew there was a problem is that it kept stalling. No idea how long it was without water. This happened on last loop. Had to stop at check points and bum water to fill rad. Made it to pit but damage was done. We replaced hose filled up radiators and buddy took off. Bike ended up getting stuck in first gear for last 5 miles. Why the hell would you design a cooling system where hoses rub on the head? I talked with Ty Davis after race and he had never seen this before. Here's some pics. Go look at your rad hoses now. Ty told me to call Andy Jefferson and see what he would do for me. Motor is probably toast on a basically brand new not even broke in motor, it's broke now for sure. I absolutely love bike but this is ridiculous engineering!!! If husky won't help me, I might be parting put bike as Im not gonna pay $2500-3000 to rebuild moter!!

Attached Files:

2. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    i checked mine. it doesn't rub the head.
  3. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Man your having some piss pour luck with bikes , sux feel for you
  4. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    My hose is 1mm off the head. Thanks for the heads up on that though. I may try and rotate the thermostat or adjust that hose when I have things disassembled.
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    that really sucks. anyway for what its worth, get rid of the oem hoses add cv4 silly-cone hoses, add zipty tank spacers and still be carefull where the pump spigot contacts the tank even with my spacers the thing still chafed with a full tank, i added a hose doubler there and in other chafe spots like over the exhaust. PS 2 stroke here I come!
    LandofMotards and 454x like this.
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    if it makes you feel better my motor with less than a year on it and not that many hours exploded the oil pump gear and ran without pressure for a racing while completley cooking the engine....mines on a fresh rebuild.
  7. fire1998 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yep, and none of it my fault because of poor maintenance or abuse. I changed oil after every ride on this bike. Read all the threads on potential problems with this bike and addressed most of them. Not one thread has mentioned this problem on here. You buy a new bike to avoid problems and expect it to run problem free for more than 10 hours. I've been on a husky since 2008 and very loyal to the brand. I've had 5 different ones and always spoke highly of the brand to ther riders. It's gonna be hard to speak highly of Husky any more. I hope Husky USA will help me but I doubt it since KTM took them over. Why design a bike with such Shitty radiator hose routing?????
  8. fire1998 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Nope.....no new bike with 10 hours on it should be having major problems because of a design flaw. I didn't buy a Chinese dirtbike!!
    robertaccio likes this.
  9. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

don’t know about this one.. never noticed the hose problem ?? i go over all the fitting and hoses on all my bikes, when new, prior to ever riding it the first time.... will put a cushening hose over or between something if clearance is tight, replaced all factory clamps w quality german hose clamps. try to bullet proof it to eliminate stuff like that...... shame it had 10 hours on it.
  10. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have had this problem with other brands. Unfortunately things like this exist on all brands. A old timer friend of mine buys a new bike (Honda) and then takes it apart and re-assembles it to his liking to make sure things like this do not happen when he races. He had too many DNFs before he started doing this. I agree your blown motor at 10 hrs sucks.
    old hotrod and robertaccio like this.
  11. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Now that KTM is paying for warranty work, don't count on them to do anything.
  12. fire1998 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I've been riding/racing for 20 years and this is the first time I have had radiator hose go bad on me. I've had bikes with over 100 hours on them and never touched radiator hoses. Hate to do it but a Japanese bike might be in garage soon if Husky says screw you. Looking at maybe getting a CRF 250X and putting a 300 kit in it. Might even get a KTM 350. Really a shame because this bike is the best bike I have ever owned. When bike was running at race I was smiling the whole time. Motor was incredible and bike handled awesome. I was really looking forward to putting a lot of hours on it. I bought it last year but only put a few hours on it due to a bum shoulder I had repaired in Sept. 4.5 months off bike and I'm finally at full strength and was looking forward to our race season start IN march. Gonna have to rely on my trusty 03 Honda CR250 for awhile. The CR is absolutely bulletproof!! Japanese know how to build a bike.
  13. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    While Honda does build a good bike (except that valve issue that took a while for them to figure out) the crf250x is a tank.
  14. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    You made me look. Mine is touching ever so slightly. Not sure there's any way to fix it short of a longer hose.
  15. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    A rub guard is all you need.
  16. fire1998 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Wow....posted on Husqvarnas Facebook page about what happened with pics last night. They removed post!! Not looking good. Looks like I'll keep posting everyday on there till someone contacts me.
  17. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    I have a feeling that if it's not a white KTM, they won't be caring much. I hope you get it resolved one way or another.
    robertaccio likes this.
  18. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I like the keep on posting, but they probably will just block you.
  19. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    check with Ty and Tinken on rebuild
  20. 95jersey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Gas Gas 300 XC
    WOW! You got your TXC310R to run 10 hours...you beat me. Less than 10 hours and my bike crapped out. Hydro-locked 3 times and won't start or run at this point. Dealer is scratching his head on how to fix this problem (has replaced ECU, temp sensor, fuel injector...and more at my cost). Bike only has 30 day warranty so I am sh*t out of luck. Meanwhile I haven't had a bike in over 1 month. I am making calls to trade it in for another brand, but so far none of the dealers wants this bike.