Anyone ride in Vernon, NJ or Warwick, NY?

Discussion in 'East - USA' started by gtxscirocco, Jul 9, 2014.

1. need2boat Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TXC310
    Other Motorcycles:
    1993 BMW K75s
    Hey Joe,

I'm not sure I swing making Corland NY but I put it on the calendar.
  2. ERIC EDER Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    SUPERDUKE, GS 750 CAFE, DRZ 400
  3. Kevin Sorce Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Yamaha YZ250, Aprilia RST1000
    Eric those trails look like you can go flat out compared to what we have up here in the North! If that's what you normally ride you would either like the challenge of rocks, roots, elevation changes etc, or hate it with a passion! A friend of mine from Toms River came up to ride with me on my trails and thought this more like trials riding!
    Jimmy250 likes this.
  4. ERIC EDER Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    SUPERDUKE, GS 750 CAFE, DRZ 400
    O I do my fair share of both lol. Now that the fall is coming I will most likely try to avoid North Jersey because its prime Hiking season and usually the wastershed poilce are in full force, Ill be headed out to Jim Thorpe on the weekends where my family has a house. Some of the best single track I have ever riden out there.
  5. Kevin Sorce Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Eric in most areas you don't have to worry about the watershed wardens. #1 they aren't allowed to chase you, because if you wrecked they would could be sued #2 they usually aren't in the tight single track area since they do not have any sort of vehicle to get them in there. The general rule followed by the guys that have been riding up here for 30 years is if you see someone, just ride away. Jim Thorpe sounds nice especially since PA sounds like its a lot friendlier for all off road activities.
    airrider likes this.
  6. Kevin Sorce Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Anyone in the Northern NJ area going to be riding this weekend, Sunday or Monday? I plan on riding one or 2 days in Stockholm if anyone is up for it.
    airrider likes this.
  7. ruwfo Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1980 390CR, 1982 430CR, 1984 400WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    1985 250XC, 2016 FJ-09
    I'm interested, we could meet at Whoop dee do cycle, take the trail right across Rt23.
    PM me

Husky John
  8. ks9mm Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Beta 300RR
    I am out for another month at least with broken collarbone :(
  9. Kevin Sorce Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ouch! How did you break the collar bone ks9mm?
  10. Kevin Sorce Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Interesting riding story. RUWFO (Husky John) and I got in a good ride for an hour or so on Sunday in Stockholm. My WR250 didn't want to clear out for any top end. It was fine on most of the trails since they were primarily tight. I thought it just needed "wringing out". So at the end of our first big loop, when I went to wring it out I seized the piston! I found a broken carb to manifold clamp and the seizure is on the exhaust port indicating an air leak (the clamp)! Luckily, it all came apart without too much fuss and it looks like just some melted piston on the bore, which should clean up with muriatic acid.
  11. ruwfo Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    1985 250XC, 2016 FJ-09
    Yeap good ride :thumbsup: til that happened
  12. ks9mm Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Beta 300RR

stupid slow speed crash in NJ rocks.. was taking right hander on my new Beta, hit a rock and front just deflected and put me down on my face / shoulder. should have walked away from something like this.. but ended up with metal plate and 8 screws.

sucks to me now.. wanna ride and have to deal with injury and mad wife..
  13. airrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE310R's & 2014 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    3 Triumphs
    I hope you're doing well, maybe this will help...
    http://teespring.com/ilmwdirtb
    ks9mm likes this.
  14. ks9mm Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Beta 300RR
  15. Jimmy250 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Polaris Quad
    Let me know when you hit the Vernon area again!
  16. Kevin Sorce Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    RUWFO / Husky John is the Vernon man. I haven't traversed over there yet :)
  17. Brian White Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE300i Special Edition
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 TE300, 310TXC, 250CZ-JAWA
    Hay is any one riding tomorrow?? I ride with AirRider, KS9mm, Kreka8 and R_Little from The mountains of the Ramapos to Shamong at the shore. I am from Montclair and want to do the Vernon area. I have family obs tomorrow at 12, son's swim teem lunch, but I want to get up early and RIDE :banana:.
    ks9mm likes this.
  18. yzrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 yz250f 197? rickman zunpaap 125
    Where's all this riding going on at? Ive been riding the pines lately working on my cornering in open sandy areas. Not really.a trail rider, so i might be slow but im always looking to do some riding. Are any of these spots okay for a non plated bike?
  19. Kevin Sorce Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    My riding was Saturday this weekend. When schedule allows, I'm always up for an early Saturday AM ride, or sometimes Sunday. There is an occasional Friday home from work and ride in the afternoon if anyone also has that luxury. Next weekend is working with RRMC in preparation for the Big Bass Hare Scramble in PA. A great event for riders of all levels. Mark your calendars for that, 9/27 and 9/28. Other than those two weekends coming up always post here for weekend ride plans and we can get something together.

YZRIDER - you might like the North East trails for a change. No sand, and you may have to turn down a clicker or two on your suspension.
  20. ruwfo Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    1985 250XC, 2016 FJ-09
    The leaves will being coming down real soon, so we've got to get out there. I like Kevin, rode Sat in Warwick, NY ( Alex Snoops Vintage ride).

I'm going to try to set aside a 1/2 day a weekend set aside for a some kind of ride , even if it only a 1-2 hour ride & it's not down pouring. Also an early AM rides are usually best for me too.

Kevin & I are only 15-20 mins away from each other, but my bike is NOT plated so it's load it up &
    meet some where , which isn't a problem.

The woods loop, down the street from my house (Vernon), is a good mix of some easy stuff & a few rocky challenging hill sections, but it's not a all day ride. There is supposedly a ton more trails that lead up
    to & over Mountain Creek , if we wanted to do some exploring, but it may lead to a bunch of dead ends,
    & not as much fun.

PM me or Kevin , I've got Brian's cell # too so lets get out a ride.

Husky John