Anyone ride in Vernon, NJ or Warwick, NY?

Discussion in 'East - USA' started by gtxscirocco, Jul 9, 2014.

1. gtxscirocco Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 449
    Hello,

I live in Vernon, NJ.. Anyone local for a ride?

Please contact me if you are in the area..

Dan
  2. ks9mm Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Beta 300RR
    I am not that far and willing to ride.. as soon as I fix my bike though..
  3. ERIC EDER Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    SUPERDUKE, GS 750 CAFE, DRZ 400
    I ride there almost every weekend, shoot me an email if you want to go out EricEder141@hotmail.com This weekend im doing Pa but next weekend ill be free

Attached Files:

4. ks9mm Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Beta 300RR
    so.. what's the plan gents? my new beta is ready to rock and roll
    airrider likes this.
  5. ERIC EDER Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Might go up tomorrow or sunday to ride through Jungle Habitat then go cliff jumping by skyline drive and East Lake shore ill keep you posted need to work on the bikes tonight, been on the road all week.
  6. shwaz Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '07 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    1982 GS1100E, 650 RatStrom
    i'm about an hour away (w. orange), looking for more places to ride and people to ride with.

don't know where to take the bike yet, though i did spend a nice day riding around Delaware State Forest in PA and checking out some PA state game lands a few weeks ago.
  7. ruwfo Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1980 390CR, 1982 430CR, 1984 400WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    1985 250XC, 2016 FJ-09
    If your looking for woods ride, I live close to the George Inn in McAfee (Vernon) . PM me, we can ride in the woods down the street from my house or ride in Oak Ridge/Stockholm area. My buddy has a house we can leave right from his back yard into the woods.

I've got a 87 250WR & he got a 04 Husky

Husky John
    airrider likes this.
  8. ERIC EDER Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    FYI went out Saturday explored a little... Found a ton of trails in Oakland by Ramapo Lake... only downfall is they are hiking trails, but lucky for me all the tree huggers must have been indoors that day because I saw no one out there at all. I found a way to link rail road tracks from Wayne all the way to Greenwood lake and acutally road over the hiking bridge over 287 (so sick), if you are a ballsey individual and feel like you can do an 80 miles of single track a day and have a plate on your bike shoot me a PM.

Google Cannonball trail for GPS cordinates

I tend to just wing it and turn a quick ride into lets see how far this trail really goes before we turn back lol
  9. ks9mm Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Beta 300RR
    should have called me man! btw, we rode on Sunday around that area.. tough riding there thought...rocky and steep up and down..
  10. Kevin Sorce Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Yamaha YZ250, Aprilia RST1000
    GTX - I'm in Stockholm about 15 mins from you. I have a bunch of trails by me. Some are a bit challenging rocks logs tight single track but also some fast sections. So if any of you guys are up for it I welcome a riding buddy. I always think about the times when I just have to ride and go deep into some gnarly parts of the woods by myself. Getting stuck or a wreck would be a lot easier to deal with when there is 2 or more. Ill be riding tomorrow Wednesday afternoon if anyone is planning to ride. Send me a PM.
  11. ERIC EDER Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Its gnarly back there not for the faint of heart, all the years of racing every weekend makes it a little easier lol. Might be doing Unidilla Saturday then riding N. NJ sunday FYI
  12. airrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE310R's & 2014 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    3 Triumphs
    I love that gnarly stuff. I never get bored back there, only better and better as the bike gets
    tuned to perfection. Also going to Unadilla with the wife Saturday.
  13. airrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE310R's & 2014 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    3 Triumphs
  14. Kevin Sorce Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Yamaha YZ250, Aprilia RST1000
    I agree, that while the gnarly stuff was a little difficult at first, its mostly accepted as the norm now. I also agree on the tuning aspect as the holy grail is getting the bike to behave just right and compliant in the tough slow stuff yet still stable when you can blast through a fast section.

I originally had plans to go to Unadilla for the outdoor nationals, especially since my older daughter wanted to go, then as the date got nearer I remembered its my younger daughters birthday! Oh well maybe next year for that.

Ill be away from the 10th through the 20th but itching to ride the first weekend I get back 23rd / 24th.
    airrider likes this.
  15. jrems Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te 250
    Hey just found this thread, I'm always looking for new people to ride with, I live in Frankford and usually ride in highpoint/ wantage, once my bikes back together, hopefully in a week or two, ill be out every weekend, let me know, thanks john
  16. shwaz Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '07 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    1982 GS1100E, 650 RatStrom
    watched the whole thing, love it. the narration's a bit slow/dry but man watching them use trials skills on dirtbikes is inspiring. very cool stuff and definitely making me reevaluate how little time i've got set aside for dirt riding :)
  17. ERIC EDER Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Swtiching it up this weekend and week, vacation planned down in LBI all week I will be riding in Wharton State forest, also by Chatsworth, and the Old Sahara Sands Ecea track this weekend and a couple days next week.

Wish we could ride on the beach here in the state of NJ
  18. need2boat Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TXC310
    Other Motorcycles:
    1993 BMW K75s
    I should be at Sahara Sands on Sunday with the SJEC setting up trail. Not sure how much riding I'll do since I'm getting over a cold but if you see a vw van pulling a trailer say Hi.

Joe
  19. ERIC EDER Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Will do Ill probably be on My DRZ with my GF on back
  20. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class