Any sightings yet?

Discussion in '610/630' started by Scootskipper, May 3, 2010.

1. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I've never checked valve clearance before either. So I'm going to need some instructions. :D

With 15,000 mile valve clearance intervals on a sportbike, I've never actually kept one long enough to need to do it. I've come close, though!
  2. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Here is the official break-in procedure, according to the owner's manual:

3. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Haha!

All of the wrench sizes in the English part of the manual have been converted to inches.

1.06 in Allen wrench
    0.39 in wrench
    0.47 in of slack in the chain
    etc.
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    This is for the other non-610/630 4st bikes, it may be the same, don't know.

http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1343
  5. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
  6. Tagati Husqvarna
    AA Class

How far are you guys getting out of a tank of fuel? and did you get a rack with your bike like the 610 used to come with?
  7. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I don't have the bike yet, so I can't tell you what kind of MPG I'm getting.

It doesn't come with a rack that I know of.

As far as luggage is concerned, I think I'm going with the Giant Loop MoJavi for now. But first, I need to get some stuff to put in it. :)
  8. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I just got a call from the shipper. They are delivering my TE tomorrow at 3:30PM!
  9. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Got one. Problem is that my 644CCM has done about 40.000 miles and so thought there was a need for a new bike. So I might be just a bit prejudiced. Suppose I´ll get used to the Husky soon (done about 60 miles). It seems heavier and less agile. And definitely asthmatic but have ordered the Arrow pipes. Don´t really like the white plastic bits or the zorst heat shield. If they don´t come up with carbon bits soon, I´ll charge them for the burn holes on my pants & legs. Snd the side stand is a constant source of aggro.
  10. icebergstu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300/TE610e
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR360 CT110 XR100
    Firstly if you want to make it more agile then why would you go putting 2 exhausts back on? Go to 1 and save weight.
    So have you had the suspension set for your weight yet or are you just running the factory settings? The biggest improvement you can make on any bike is getting this right. Have you set the static and race sag? Cosmetically I have never owned a bike and left it in standard trim.
    Has the bike been de-restricted or are you running factory restrictions?:excuseme:

I will post a full description of what modifications need to be done to de-restrict the 630 to gain its full potential in the next few weeks. Like the 610's, when the bike is delivered it gets the stock and go fast bits. I think I still have my restricted inlet manifold from when I bought my 610.:lol:

You cant just change the jets obviously being efi but a good bike dyno shop will remap your computer in about 4 hours if you dont have access to a race tune.:thumbsup:

More and more we will see future bikes become worse and worse in factory setup. Its due to the ridiculous emission restrictions they put on motorcycles. They only have 1 cyclinder for F**K sake. This will mean you can expect to spend 1 or 3 grand on your bike to get it how you want it. :eek:

Gone are the days of just jumping on a bike and being happy with its performance straight out of the factory.:banghead:

Stu
  11. Yossarian Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Multistrada 1200 Enduro; Tiger 800XC
    I blame the EPA
  12. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

a. Don´t want to restrict the zorst by chopping off one of them (and think it looks a bit amputated with only one). Have seen plenty of bikes adapted from one to two zorsts for better aspiration.
    b. Deffo ... won´t leave it standard. Realized that from the outset. That´d be boring.
    c. I know that I´ll automatically lose the guarantee but the cat´s coming out as soon as I can get hold of the correct resistor and plug.
    d. Hope that someone´ll start selling carbon bits for the 630 soon.

Apart from all that, most of the gripe´s due to the many years bonding with the ccm.

Apart from that, the dealer thinks I might have to send it back. There´s a nasty whine coming from the clutch when reducing power.

So ... never sell your old bike. It´ll probably be better than anything you can buy new and (over here) as long as it stays registered, it´s legal and you can belt out CO2as much as you want.
  13. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    http://picasaweb.google.com/jesse.temple/HuskyTE630#

Here are a bunch of pics of mine. It delivered yesterday. I've already managed to wander down some unknown gravel roads and get soaked in a thunderstorm on the first night. It was a blast!

The kickstand contacts the swingarm when it flips up. If you look through the pics, you can see the nasty mark it has made. It was there even on the pallet coming off of the truck, so I didn't do it.

Hall's was apologetic and they are looking at a solution on the bike they still have in stock. I stopped him from offering to repair mine, as it's just a scratch, and there are probably plenty more of those to come. To keep it from getting worse, I took the kickstand off, removed the auto-retract nub, and ground off part of the kickstand foot. That gives it about 1/8" clearance from the swingarm as it travels through its arc. There is quite a bit of slop in the kickstand pivot, so I've also put a thin washer between the kickstand and frame at the pivot point in order to tighten it up some.

I have also taken off the passenger pegs, charcoal canister, and mirrors (they aren't required in my state). I might get a little mountain bike mirror or something to put on. I have used those with great success on past bikes, and they're only about $12 a piece.

If anyone knows of a stubby little convex round mirror that will either bolt onto the bars, or even fit into the stock mirror holes, that would be awesome.
  14. LRPct Husqvarna
    AA Class

Maybe in the future.. But it only took me about $400. to power up my 610... That and the other biggest change was racking up the 2- 3,000 miles it took to really loosen it up, as Huskies are generally very tight when new.. I just went to a 14T CS from a 15T and now my 4th gear wheeleies have become 5th gear wheelies.. I'm more than happy with the power and performance of my 610 and it's FI, hopefully the 630 wil be even better.. :D
  15. hipsterdufus Husqvarna
    A Class

16. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Don't they need the iBeat? Unless someone puts an aftermarket item on the bike such as a power commander, I'm not sure how else a shop could tune it. :confused:
  17. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Awesome!

Was the person in the yellow shirt the delivery guy? Was that medieval torture looking device that the bike was strapped to his or the dealers? It looks a bit expensive.
  18. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Where´d he get the skidplate? Husqvarna´s central agency here tell me that they aren´t yet available.
  19. Rattletrap Husqvarna
    AA Class

Cool bike JTemple. Seems its been forever since you ordered this bike. Hope you enjoy it.:applause:
  20. LRPct Husqvarna
    AA Class