Any sightings yet?

Discussion in '610/630' started by Scootskipper, May 3, 2010.

1. Sparrowhawk Husqvarna
    AA Class

I understand the owners manual is a PDF supplied on a thumb drive.
  2. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

3. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    :confused::confused::confused:

Sweet. They did not mess up the gear spacing. :thumbsup:

It is still 3.4 top/bottom :)
  4. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Dang! Too bad I'm not out there or I'd be all over that. My inlaws are there; I wonder if that counts. :)
  5. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I had better dig around in that box a little better for it then.

EDIT: No owner's manual in the box, flash drive or otherwise. I emailed Hall's to see what's up.
  6. mlyamkaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

That is a baffle that was in the airbox, behind the air cleaner. Mine came on the bike, but the cannister was removed. I cut those swirls off mine at first, took the snorkel off also. That didn't do much except make the filter dirty where the snorkel was. So I put the snorkel back on and removed that plastic baffle. Not a real noticable difference.
    I have the remap plug, will try that this weekend, but will get a pipe when someone has a single available.

I finally got my manual, which has nothing in it, other than the usual how to use the controls, etc. It said in there I would get a USB manual, but I don't have it...

I am putting bar risers, handguards, wider pegs, skid plate and the remap plug on this weekend.
  7. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Interesting. I wonder why mine was taken out and shipped to me. Would it be because of the OFG radiator guard installation? I don't know enough about the bike yet to know if the radiator guards need stuff stripped off in order to fit.

I'll be keeping an eye out for lighter exhaust options as well.
  8. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Does anyone have any idea what my oil filter choices are? The local parts shop only has the 610 through 2008 listed. I have no idea if the oil filter is the same as the 630 or not.
  9. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    You are one of the first people to get a 630, so unless someone like a dealer speaks up, or someone wants to speculate, you may not get an answer.

I'll speculate that it will be the same as the other 610 efi bikes :)

You may want to ask Halls since that is where you are getting your bike from.
  10. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Look at me, I'm a pioneer!

I'll definitely give progress reports.

I'm waiting to hear back from Hall's on the following:

1. Where my owner's manual is, since it didn't ship with the paperwork and keys.

2. What kind of oil and filters they recommend. I'll probably be using Rotella regardless, but I do need to find filters and stock up.

3. A tracking number for the shipped bike. The bike has not shipped yet, as far as I know. It will go out any day now.

Steve has got to be sick of my emails by now. :D
  11. willie Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Keep it coming!! I can see why they are called 2011's. It may be 2011 before they're delivered!!
    Suspect oil filters the same as 610. From what I can gather the only difference in the engines are: bigger higher compression piston, DOHC head, hydraulic clutch, and an extra crank bearing.
    The 630 has 15/42 final gearing vs 15/45 for the 610. Much too high for most dual sport riders and see 14/45 to 14/47 used on the 610. Interesting to see what the 630 compromise will be.
  12. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    If I lived in IL, I'd have picked the bike up myself by now. It's ready to go. The bottleneck right now is the shipping company.

I probably won't me much help with the gearing questions. I'm coming from years of sportbike riding. This off-road business is brand new to me.
  13. willie Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Hope you get it soon. Mine is at least 2 wks. away.
  14. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    My bike hasn't shipped yet, despite being told that it would be picked up for shipping "early this week".

I got an owner's manual update. Hall's says that the manuals did not ship to them with the bikes. They are on order and one will get sent to me when it arrives.
  15. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hey jtemple
    Just don’t work yourself into a frenzy with the waiting game…
    Go get yourself one of these --> :cheers:
    It’ll be there sooner then later

:D
  16. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Being without a bike drives me crazy. :)
  17. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I want to load up on some trail tools. If anyone has had their hands on a 630 and can chime in on axle wrench sizes and the like, I sure would like to know what to buy.
  18. TCP Husqvarna
    AA Class

630 Oil Filter

I looked up the oil filter to order some for stock, and found that Husky chose to change the filter on the 630 from the previous 800081675 used on 610's to the 8000B0593 already in use on the majority of existing Husky's.
  19. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Thanks!

So, where is everyone buying these oil filters? Is there an easy-to-find equivalent from say, Purolator?
  20. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Last I checked Motosportz sells the iron version Husky has sold for years, or here is a shameless plug for a lightweight billet cafe husky axle wrench :) LINK