1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Acerbis big tank

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Mike Kay, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Jeff@TireBalls Husqvarna
    A Class

Did he mention if they were taking pre orders?
  2. Wellsy Husqvarna
    B Class

Hey Jeff,
    If you go to their website and call the number they will put you on a list to be called once the mounts are ready.
    :thumbsup:
  3. Jeff@TireBalls Husqvarna
    A Class

Great, thanks! :thumbsup:
  4. Big Mick Husqvarna
    B Class

Just got this reply from Aqualine, I will be waiting to see what they come up with before committing to a larger tank for my 09 TE450. Lets hope they do it right.

Cheers
    Mick

Hi mike,

Thank you for your enquiry, we are definitely going ahead with a tank for the Husky fuel injected bikes. At this stage we do not have a lot of information that we can give you but feel free to keep in touch, by the start of May we should have a lot more info.

Regards,
    Nicole
  5. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

I got the EXACT same reply from Aqualine!

Nicole is busted. Are there a bunch of Mikes emailing her? She is sending group email out to us....:rolleyes:
  6. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    I may be jumping the gun, but is there any new word on the Aqualine tank?
  7. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

I havent heard anything. Give em a shout and let us know! :)
  8. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I sent them an email 3 days ago. No word back yet. I am OK for now with carrying a couple of fuel bottles in the pack. I am holding off on the IMS offering.
  9. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I received this response today from RV Aqualine. The IMS will do, especially for the price, but dang it on the waiting.

Hi Garry, Thank you for your enquiry, we are going to be making a long range tank forthe TE510, but it will not be until late in the year. At this stage becausedevelopment hasn't started I do not have a lot of information, but it willbe bigger than 12L. Feel free to contact us again latter in the year or keepan eye on web site for more inforamtion. Regards,Nicole
  10. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Did Nicole mean 610?

Whatever she meant it was clearly a form letter with no commitment. I certainly would not wait for IMS to do something regarding a 610 tank.
  11. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    We have 2008's TE 250 and 510 here. I inquired about my 510 knowing the answer would be the same for the g/f 250. I asked this:

Comment: I recently bought my 2008 Husqvarna TE 510. I need a larger fuel tank. I am aware of the 12 liter fuel tank available from IMS. I have read talk that RV Aqualine is building a larger fuel tank for the 2008/2009 fuel injected Husqvarna\'s. Is this true? Can you share any information on this? I would prefer to buy a larger then 12 liter tank and would be happy to wait if there is indeed a bigger/better option on the way. Thank you, Gary

I got spoiled with my 170+ mile/4 gallon IMS tank on my DRZ. Prob. a 200 mile tank, never hit reserve. I also got spoiled with my 1980 XR 500 with it's 4 gal. Clarke tank when I was 15. I would LOVE a 4-5 gallon tank for the ie Husky. :notworthy:
  12. kpie Husqvarna
    B Class

I emailed RV Aqualine and they said 'closer to the end of the year' we should see the larger tanks for the TE models. I'm not sure about the 610 though.
  13. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    I sent them this about a week or two ago: :D
    Hello,
    I have both 2008 models TE450 and SM610 and the stock tanks are a little bit on the small side. The TE 250-510 have an IMS tank available at 3 gallons but I have come to the conclusion that the fit and finish is not what I would call \"A\" plus. It sure would be nice if you guys were able to help out on the Husky side if the table.
    Thanks for letting me ask.
    Regards,
    Gary

And got this back: :applause:

Hi Gary,

Thank you for your enquiry, the Husky tanks are still going ahead for both the TE450 and TE610 but because there is still a lot of design and development to be done I do not have a lot of information at this stage but it is looking like they will available towards the end of the year. If the Sm610 is the same as the TE610 it should fit. Feel free to contact us again in a few months or keep an eye on our web site for updates.

Regards,
    Nicole
  14. mikenpalsie Husqvarna
    AA Class

the stock tank that came with my 06 te450 has an acerbis stamp on the bottom of it. so they have been making husky tanks all along, maybe under some kind of liscence with husky that they wouldnt sell them aftermarket ?