1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Acerbis big tank

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Mike Kay, Dec 8, 2008.

1. GoFaster Husqvarna
    AA Class

Joliet,
    Is this a standard GPR mount or modified to work?
    Was the mount made for a 08?
  2. Joliet Husqvarna
    AA Class

It is the standard mount for the 08's. This mount was sanded on a little because it was rubbing the tank, but was not modified very much. I am sure some will fit tighter than others, probably due to the tank variances more so than the mount.

I am going to wait until the new Acerbies tank comes out and see if it is compatable with the Motosportz mount that I already have, so I don't have to buy a new damper.

Randy at GPR built the mount and he should be able to help you with answers to your technical questions. (619) 661-0101

:)Ken
  3. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    The Damper will not fit my 08/TE450 with IMS tank. Talk about variations, I'll post pics as soon as I can. There is no way to even sand or even try to re-shape the tank. IMS failed to realize the need for space and I am yet bummed out again. :banghead::(:banghead:

Photos:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    I really need to try mine. I have the new square section post clamp built with the IMS natural, mounted to my TXC450. The post boss has been production ground for clearance to the point, where the drill cuts can be seen from the out side down near the bottom of the square section post boss. My natural tank still sits on my table waiting to be installed.
    Can you slide the tank back at all?? Yours really has 0 clearance??? R
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Has anyone tried to file a little bit of plastic from the hole that the bolt goes through so the tank slides back a bit?

I'm assuming it is similar to the 2006/7 TEs where 1 bolt goes through the center area towards the back of the tank.
  6. scoobywrx05 Husqvarna
    A Class

The 08 are a little different There are two post that support/hold the tank at the back side of the tank. The posts are welded to the frame. You might be able to move them back a little bit (cut and re-weld) but you probably couldn't go very far till it started messing with the seat and plastics not fitting rite.
  7. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    What about taking a round (rat tail) file to the tank itself? So it slides back a little bit.
  8. scoobywrx05 Husqvarna
    A Class

The holes that the rear posts ride in don't go the whole way through the tank. They are just recessed 1/2 deep holes that are about 2-3 inches forward of the back side of the tank. Might be able to take a little bit off of them, but I doubt very much,because the tank is not very thick in that location.
  9. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    No way to do that because of the rear post. I was thinking of heating the tank and pushing it in a little but did not like the thought of screwing up 280.00 bucks. Now if the mount around the head was no thicker than the clamp ring it would have worked. I looked at a 510 at Georges he was working on and it was the same, zero clearence. George said he is going to come up with something. GPR staff and Randy Norman are great guys (just like Kelly, Motosportz) they took it back no problem. :thumbsup:
  10. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

as installed GPR V4 IMS tank with GPR IMS modified post assy
  11. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    WOW, That has way more room than my TE450 does. Lucky you! It looks like if continued stress accures on the tank, you may have failure. I hope not, but it looks like it. My tank has a tiny bit of rocking motion that would create the stress.
  12. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    No stress just 0 clearance, just kissing ..... thrash tested today no leaks, will thrash test more tommorrow, next weekend off to the H&H,
    could this be a slight chassis difference between the TC/TXC and the TE steering head angle:excuseme:???? Just throwing that out there.. R
  13. GoFaster Husqvarna
    AA Class

any spy photos of the Acerbis big tank yet?
  14. hammer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Does anyone have the part number for this ring clamp.

Thanks
  15. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hammer,

What ring clamp are you talking about? George at Uptite will have the Damper for the IMS tank pretty soon. I am going to get one as soon as he has them available.
  16. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

acerbis

talked to my connections with acerbis, the aftermarket tank is dead. they cited the economy and questions of a large enough market for it. strange when they talked to me in december, it was supposed to be a done deal. molds were in the process. oh well.....:excuseme::excuseme:
  17. hammer Husqvarna
    AA Class

The "clamp on post" that doesn't fit on your bike in the picture. I just want the post and not the whole damper kit.
  18. Joliet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hammer, you can call Randy at GPR, he built the mount and he should be able to help you with answers to your technical questions. (619) 661-0101
  19. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

bummer.

aqualine?
  20. Wellsy Husqvarna
    B Class

I was told by Jake at Scotts that they will have a top mount and a sub mount that will work (with the IMS tank) in about four weeks, that was on 3/09/09. He also sent me a couple of pictures and it looks similar to what was posted.