1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

449/511 Breather hose mod

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Croc, May 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    Here at Rearwheelin Ind. just want to let you know that we are hard at work building breather boxes and dont want to sit around keeping you guessing as to what we are up to so here is a sneeky peek of the hand crafted old school cnc drill tap of a block of aluminum thats getting welded to the box for the carbon fiber bracket... if you dont think shes purdy then no worries you wont be able to see it on the back of the box....
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Use RapidTap, your threads will be cleaner, professional.
    Motosportz likes this.
  3. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    And what makes you assume my holes aren't professional ???.... :oldman: After making a few of these and selling them world wide I have gone threw the whole whats the best tap blues too :thumbsup: Its a good tap if it makes a hole that the bolt don't wobble and if I break one I can drive 5 minutes to Sears and get a new one :applause:
    [IMG]
    Big Timmy likes this.
  4. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    I thought you were using aluminum, but i see a bin of wood. How well does wood hold up to the heat? ;)
  5. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    You talking about hard wood ?
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Far EZer to tap.
  7. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    Not this wood lol
  8. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    Anyone else want to make fun of my wood , my 2 year old son needed somthińg to do while I was making breather boxes.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I'll leave that one for the ladies. ;)
    Tinken and Rearwheelin like this.
  10. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    Yeah I found one who likes it !
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Perfect.
  12. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    Im trying to figure out what that aluminum and carbon item is that youre holding. Im stumped.
    Rearwheelin likes this.
  13. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    I thought you were building oil storage tanks. Or are you building breathers like mine?
  14. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    Its holding a 5 1/2 hp brushless motor for a '' Fast Electric '' RC boat... Its very strong :busted:
    [IMG]
  15. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    I havent seen yours so i dont know:eek:...... The item i have shown is a mounting post that is getting welded to the breather box . The box also holds oil and sends it back to the engine
  16. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    The two extra holes are to lighten it up
  17. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    Its very simulare to your original run at the oil capacity bottle.... The differance is in design, size, weight and how it works... Through my R&D found here in this thread and tons of good info thanks to you I have managed to come up with my solution to a fix.... Still needs testing , I will be dammed if i try to sell something that doesnt work :cheers:

Tinkens original breather / oil capacity expansion bottle :
    [IMG]
  18. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha

Actually that is bottle #2, the first bottle was built by Ty back in 2010 and installed on either Cory or Nick's race bike. Ty helped me develop the idea since then into what you have seen in this thread.

So let me get this straight. You came into this thread and saw I had a cool idea, you did a little research of your own, changed it a little and now you wish to sell them.I have nothing against anyone building their own breather bottle; I believe that innovation is cool. But turning a profit on someone else's hard work and investment is rude. Now it might of been different if you had come to me and at least asked about selling these, but as I recall you were quite rude to me in private message recently.

[IMG]
  19. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    I don't recall being rude in a private message with you, sorry if you got the impression. The pictures I posted of my mods and the blanked out spy shot was not a direct shot at you, but mearily a build up of this thread that was started by Croc.... Very sorry you feel that im taking your hard work from you . If you are so invested with the stuff you are making then why post it ? .... Your the one who started posting pictures of designs and alarm everyone about how flawed out our engines are with the amount of oil they hold and the kind of oils to run so on so on.... If I recall you said comming on here is just a hobby for you and now looks like a change of heart.. And if you don't think anything positive has come out of our PM messages concerning designs then I'm hearing things. Again I'm very sorry if you feel that I'm reaching in your pocket . The fact is our bikes do have a very minor issue with blowing oil into the airbox and there is 17,000 potential engines to capitalize on and by no means do I plan on going big time or wish to one up you . Working and developing hobbies has led me to where I am today, married with two beautiful boys and a great job, I do not need to make breather boxes for a living and have no intentions on it but I like making things , and inventing, my dad was a inventor ... If I can make a breather box for somone that can't make one for them selves and make a couple bucks in my spare time then that's a good thing. I'm not a copier , I seen a few good ideas in this thread an made it my own , it's different than yours and breather boxes have been around 100 years . To hate on me for offering my services to the patrons of CH is wrong . People like options when it comes to after market and unless you have a utility paton on breather boxes that go on in some speacial way like no brackets it just holds it's self then you really don't have a case with me. You should have started your own thread a long time ago on this subject. Again , very sorry .
  20. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    What about all the hard earned dollars people invested into the 449/511 platform and just want the breather and correct oil capacity resolved. I simply offer a alternative solution and style . The function and style and price is what's going to sell these . I'm just a truck driver with very limited manufacturing equipment who does what I can with what I have. I wouldn't worry too much over this. Also you worry about people turning profits on others investment.... That exactly the case of the Husky 449/511 investment and the cost of the fix.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.