2500$ off all new huskys ?

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by DTX915, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Bryan M Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    10 GasGas ec300, 12 Ducati Monster
    hopefully parts wont be an issue for my wr300....
  2. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Part of the agreement was to provide parts for ten years. So parts will be available.
    ray_ray likes this.
  3. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    HUSQVARNA WILL FIELD A GP TEAM IN 2014
    [IMG]
    Pit Beirer.
    Photo Ray Archer

Don’t expect a big team, but KTM’s Pit Beirer told MX Large that there will be a Husqvarna motocross team in the 250 GP’s next year (and Beier ought to know since he runs KTM's racing program). Berier says that the new Husky team will not be expected to win the GP’s, but they expect to sign riders who will make the top ten. Beirer also said that Husky will be its own brand—not to be confused with new owner KTM (and that the bikes will probably still be produced in the Varese, Italy, factory as opposed to at KTM’s factory in Mattighofen).
  4. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

May be right back to all the crap Iv'e said all along and took flack for. Could all be rumors about the 14 KTM Husky thing. But my god what a freaking nightmare........................ Very leery about parts if they do not start up Cagiva again. Not sure what KTM is thinking, but my thoughts all along were why would you let your arch rival Italians keep building the bikes anyways. Confusing and depressing, a lot of drama and like I said before if it is a KTM with Husky plastic and in my way it will get treated like well what it is!!A KTM! Not sure I care if I'm broke or not. If I can grab a 2013 Husky 125/144 for $4,000 next week I might have to. May even just put it in my rec room and look at it and save for a rainy day............. I still have a sneaky suspicion. Don't count those Italians out just yet.................................
    4eyes likes this.
  5. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

To every contract or agreement there are always ways to break it. Unless the Italians are involved at this point until all this crap gets hammered out I am a little skeptical and if I were killing a cub I would do so and make parts scarce for the cub I was getting rid of. I would want to promote the new wave of junk I was promoting AKA Red and white KTM/Husky's And please if you buy a 2014 Husky KTM 200 and feel proud of yourself you better rethink what you just did!!! Really lets see what happens.................... Way to much drama for the true information available at this time!
  6. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    Waite ol Steve owns 51% of KTM right but he owns 100% of Husqvarna now i know 51% of KTM is a lot more money & bikes than 100% of Husqvarna but if it was me i'd be see'n if i could sell some orange & black Huskies :thumbsup: cuz red&white KTMs:naughty:
  7. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kdx200 tt500 yz450 klx125
    Well I am not going to panic or post with fear as I have seen this before from ski-doo. Got my 2005 in 2007 for 2500$ off with a factory incentive. It had not snowed in two winters and inventory backed way up on some sleds. So dealers refused more new sleds and ski-doo discounted leftovers to move them off the floor. I got a smoking deal and ski-doo didn't go out of business. Then next year they went full price.
    I would like to hear from some dealers to see if what I was told has any truth to it. Has any of you dealers returned or refused bikes ? If my dealer still has 2013/12 huskys on the floor and the next round is coming has husky na given a discount back to its dealers to keep them rather than have them stop selling bikes.
    So next week rather than post a "I heard about some hoops to jump through" I will call some local dealers and just ask. If I get the same story well such is life,if not I will call B/S.
  8. hillbilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11te250 14cr150
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 ktm500
    My dealer said he just ordered more husky's than he has every orderd before,to get these discounts that BMW was starting to charge storage on these bike's at there warehouse so it was better to move these bike's than pay BMW storage.
    HuskyDude and john01 like this.
  9. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    that I understand,seen it before
    4eyes likes this.
  10. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

That has a ring of truth to it and makes more sence to me.
  11. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    As with most of this saga, we know just enough to be dangerous. Clearing out the supply chain could just be a temporary move to ease the transition to the KTM system.

Also, if youve ever tracked the incentive machinations of US trucks, its easy to see pricing swings of $5000 plus. Not to mention that weve seen Husky do similar clearance deals almost every year.
  12. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    As someone who gets the two wheel drive regular cab eight foot bed model in low trim level I don't see what you are speaking of. Husky isn't a full dresser so while they have dumped product before and even ktm did dump some 2003 and 2004 models I don't think the above is spot on.

Of course this might be what is necessary to take on Yamaha in particular. They were running some radio ads a few months ago in certain parts of the country with shockingly low prices on 450 class machines.
  13. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    who,s your dealer i assume were close
  14. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    You never know what the future will hold and if you do, go to the stock market or local bookie quickly or become a world leader ...

--
    I like the sound of it and might purchase another Husky for the right price and that certainly is going the right direction for me and NO I do not care a rats a$$ about all the nay-sayers words on this Husqvana site ...
  15. Robert Gulden Husqvarna
    A Class

Are there dealers who actually have new bikes for $2500 off list. If so,who?
  16. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

You have to remember the $2500 rebate was if the dealer ordered more inventory. HNA would price protect 1:1 the dealers but if a dealer had 20 bikes in stock and ordered in 10 more discounted bikes he would still have 10 that have no rebates on them at all. The dealer who actually stocks motorcycles get penalized when these deals come around.
    Norman Foley and Coffee like this.
  17. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    I was offered a bike that was on the floor the day I got mine and all his bikes are 2500 off. No new bikes have shown up as of today.
  18. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Of course with factory to dealer incentives the dealer is welcome to apply them however he sees fit, and augment the incentive with his own discount. Sounds like that is what is going on.
  19. hillbilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11te250 14cr150
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 ktm500
    Wayne @ LSK
  20. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    hay you can't have him he;s mine i have his cell phone# & everything:banana: