2500$ off all new huskys ?

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by DTX915, Apr 6, 2013.

1. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kdx200 tt500 yz450 klx125
    I went to the dealer today and they told me all new Huskys are getting 2500 $ off list. What he told me was some dealers are sending bikes back or refusing to take delivery of new bikes.
    I was told that happened late yesterday afternoon. So today I could get a new 2013 cr125 for 4200 $.
    He also told me Husky was shipping him bikes he didn't order. I almost fell over as I just got a new wr125 last month.
  2. hillbilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11te250 14cr150
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 ktm500
    My dealer just priced me a new WR125 for 3,970 yesterday..! I didn't sleep at all last night..!
    4eyes and lankydoug like this.
  3. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    My understanding is, as always, there are 'hoops' dealers must jump through to get those discounts i.e. there are strings attached to the deal.

No I am typing any more about that... but I think it is completely unfair to the dealers to assume all bikes instantly have a discount available on every new bike that might be sitting on a showroom floor.
  4. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Mine was 5200 $ OTD last month. I am not that upset about the price drop. But Dam,they be cheep now.
    BILLF likes this.
  5. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I agree and on top of that, if I was a dealer, I might be a little reluctant to fire sale the bikes off the floor because when they are gone I probably won't have anything to sell for months. :excuseme:
    JonXX, BILLF and wallybean like this.
  6. 7point62 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 Kawasaki TR250
    There's a factory support promotion here in the UK at the moment - I can get £500 off list price on a WR125.

So the price (with discount) is now £4799, which equates to $7305.28 :lol:

A TE310 is $9850 (with discount...)

Fill your boots over there, guys!

All of the uncertainty and speculation regarding the future of the brand and certain models, parts supply chain, who is and isn't going to be a dealer and all the other stuff cant be helping sales. Still, those wee strokers are made from Kryptonite, so there may never be a better time to buy one (or two).
    BILLF, wallybean and Parfo79 like this.
  7. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    What I was told some dealers have sent bikes back or just refused to take more. From an earlier conversation with these guys I was told Huskys come out in two shipments fall and summer. So a large number of bikes have no place to go his words not mine.
    This dealer has been fair and honest with me so far. I am not going to call b/s as of now.

The only reason I went to see them was the spark went out today on my third ride. They said I was the first to have that problem for them with a wr125. Owner went over what would happed and the time frame for a fix and warranty. Should be good to go Thursday.
  8. McKay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350S, 2016 TE300
    As a list price 449 owner I was going to say something super negative about Husky but Ill refrain.

Go get them while you can folks, they are good machines and those prices are crazy.
    ascribner, 4eyes, bhab and 1 other person like this.
  9. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think they discounts pretty much guarantee that the Huskys that we know and love will be no more for MY14.

If they were going to continue with Italian Huskys for 14, there is no reason to discount them that heavily.
    fletchman45, 7point62 and McKay like this.
  10. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    So you are telling me i should have waited a week? I wonder if I can take the bike back? I didn't ride it yet.
  11. heatingguy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 te510 02cr167
    feeling sorry for bmp as his floor is full of non discounted bikes there are hoops to jump through maybe he can work something out
  12. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I think in the long run great dealers like Bill will be fine. When everyone else is begging for bikes to sell, he will still have the bikes we love.
  13. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Makes me feel very suspicious and wonder what is going on. Yes if everything is fine for 14 then why would the 13's be discounted like this at this time? If this information is correct!! I may just have to grab a 144 for that price and wipe the dust off my Husqvarna Progrip gear!
    panhandlebars likes this.
  14. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I think we are all going to look back fondly on the 2013 Huskies as the end of a mini-era. Who knows what the future will bring but I expect that you are going to see red and white Husabergs for 2014 and those 2013 Huskies that Bill has will be in high demand. I do know that this sale isn't so much about getting rid of all the 2013 Huskies as it is about moving current BMW stored inventory when it isn't convenient to deal with it at KTM.
  15. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I am really thinking about grabbing a 13 TE310 for myself with these prices.
    boisedave and wallybean like this.
  16. AndrewS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350s 2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TE250 (sold)
    If we had discounts like that in Canada, I'd probably be right there with you. I don't know if I'd want to go through the steps to import, though.
  17. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I was going to mention those thoughts in my earlier post, but didn't want to. These bikes (some) may the end of a great run of great bikes and it is a shame to see this happen.
    panhandlebars, McKay and wallybean like this.
  18. Bryan M Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    10 GasGas ec300, 12 Ducati Monster
    local dealer told me his rep confirmed that 2014s will be red/white KTMs basically. Super disapointed. All this means is there is one less choice for the consumer. If i wanted a freeking KTM i would have bought one. I disliked what they did with husaberg and it sounds like husky will go the same way. Two of my buddies have both picked up txc310 in the last few days because they got a huge discount and when my dealer is out he wont be ordering anymore. Makes me want to grab a 310 also. 5300 OTD price....
  19. McKay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350S, 2016 TE300
    I sure would
  20. McKay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350S, 2016 TE300
    I am selling off my 449 with about 1500 miles on her, I don't believe the dealers will be supported with parts for much longer on these bikes, if they even want deal with husky/cagiva/bmw/KTM/Husaberg anymore.
    Scott Frey likes this.