1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC 2016 TE300 JETTING

Discussion in '2st' started by Tetley, Sep 14, 2015.

1. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    Actually red is not smoother... Just make it Pipey like an old school 2 stroke... Greg hold p/v open longer which gives more torque and smooths transition out
  2. HS507 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yz450,crf150r,crf100f,crf50f
    Yes my brother is flush with red spring on his 250xcw and your right its smooth power. I went green because i can ride alot before pv open and i like the mild tractor. I can experiment some, will tell wife i need weekends free this summer, its an emergency research for "safety" sake
    McKay likes this.
  3. HS507 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    If your out 2.5 on air then next move would be to lean it out on needle a bit so you can come back in on Airscrew. lower needle (raise clip) leaner. Raise needle (lower clip) richer
  4. ggg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250 14
    Other Motorcycles:
    NONE

nop disagree, red in the lower gears can be a hand full, but delaying the PV to full open position does not increase torque
  5. McKay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350S, 2016 TE300

thats my plan, thanks again
  6. street2dirt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 TXC310, WR300, 85 125WR, 82 175XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G650X
    Has anybody tried the Lectron on the new bikes? Just curious if they work as good on the new stuff.
    reveille likes this.
  7. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    I have one on my 2015 300 xcw. Very awesome. I like to ride a lot and I know nothing about jetting and am not interested in fiddle farting with jetting when I could be riding. My 2 cents wrth.
    street2dirt likes this.
  8. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    Many producers of two-stroke performance bikes fit them with the exhaust valve systems. These valves act to vary the height (and width) of the exhaust port thereby broadening power delivery over a wider rev range. Exhaust ports with fixed dimensions only produce usable power in a narrow rev range, which also affects fuel consumption and emissions.
  9. chinski Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE300 2015
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW S1000R, Buell XB12s, BETA trials
    Finally got bike set up properly. Riding sea level to 400m , 17 - 25 * celcius

Main jet = 168
    Needle = NECJ ( Suzuki ) on 3rd clip
    Pilot = 35
    AS = 1.75 out
    Green PV Spring

Did have a 165 & NECJ on 2nd clip but was to lean , no sputter when opening throttle but when riding & closing throttle would sometimes have a slight hanging idle & no oil out exhaust pipe at all, also felt like it lost some power.

Now on 168 & 3rd clip it is like a completely different bike to above , still no sputter when opening throttle & no sputter when holding constant throttle for constant rpm, super smooth power from idle right through the rev range, can labour uphill in 2nd just off idle & smooth, she even sounds different , really crisp sounding. Has a slight bit of oil showing out pipe which I reckon is good & no hanging idle now . Awesome setup now, took some fine tuning & learning but I can now determine wether a bikie running lean or rich & adjust as needed . Happy days !
  10. AdamN Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    PE175
  11. ggg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250 14
    Other Motorcycles:
    NONE

yep by changing jets you get to understand and feel lean or rich condition, my set up is the same but i felt a 38P A/S 1.5 turns was better on my bike, it a good feeling once you have a 2 stroke runing the way you like it
  12. Michael Ryan Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 TE 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 350exc, 89 CR 500

Good news....
    Very similar setup to my 2016 TE 300 in OZ..riding sea level to 500 mtrs

Pilot: 38 ( was originally 35 )
    Main: 168 ( was originally 172 )
    Needle: NECJ 3rd clip
    Air screw: 1.75 out

Im running a 40:1 mix ( motel 800 fully synthetic ) and only get a slight bit of sponge out the rear. The 168 Main has really given it a crisp feel. I've tried all power valve springs and have found the yellow to be the most versatile for tight single to the wide open fire trails... The plug is still a tad rich but I'm happy with it, has not fouled a plug at all.
    My original 35 pilot was too lean, it would bog when cracking the throttle , 38 cured nearly all of this.
  13. space Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE300
    Hi guys new TE300 user here from the UK

This is what is on my 2015 TE300 from last owner:

Pilot: 35
    Main: 178
    Needle: N8RG 3rd clip
    Air screw 1.75 out

Bikes seems to run ok but the only issue I have is road work it doesn't give a steady throttle any ideas?
    Also my main jet seems a lot bigger than what you guys are running what would you reccomend here in the UK about 400m
  14. HS507 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Im sea level too. Jd jet kit 38pj, needle red (necj similar) and 168 main. Green spring with #2 postion was a hesitation at 3/4 throttle, switched map after shutting off, to #1 postion, cured. I have very little spooge but i mix 20% race gas in because 93oct is all i can get with pump gas and it was making noise like a knock. Fixed it and is running terrific! I like green cause bike is to much. A screw between 1.5 to 2 when up about 90degrees. 2016 te300
  15. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    You're running a different needle, different bike, different rider, possibly different power valve spring and pipe so I wouldn't be comparing to others, just go by what runs best for you.
  16. JBoone Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 ktm 300 exc (sold)
    Can somebody explain the diff in the above mentioned Suzuki needle as compared to stock? I run similar elevation to the above people running Suzuki needle, I just ordered one to check it out. What the heck, $12 experiment. Will jet same as above and give it a go.
  17. HS507 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sorry guys i meant 162 main according to JD Jetting
  18. HS507 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Its just tapered to clean up the jetting as throttle rolls on. Im sure there is more technical explainatation, alot of guys use necj or nedj one is half clip leaner
  19. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    http://www.duncanracing.com/TechCenter/KeihinCarbJetting.pdf

The very last page explains the needle letters and numbers, the rest of the pages, if you have the time to read them, will help you better understand tuning.
    56on449 and McKay like this.
  20. JBoone Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 ktm 300 exc (sold)