1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC 2016 TE300 JETTING

Discussion in '2st' started by Tetley, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Tetley Husqvarna
    AA Class

I've been very happy with my setup for ages, (35 PJ, 2 turns AS, NECJ clip3, 172 MJ) but now it's hot (22 - 30 deg), the bike is getting a little spluttery just off closed throttle.
    So I went for 2.5 turns AS, which helped a bit.
    Then tried clip2 on the needle, and the bike was running super smooth again, but was too lean at very low throttle, and was detonating during road cruising. So back to 2 tuns AS, and that's resolved the detonation, but still running smooth.
    Should keep this setting until about October.
  2. Tetley Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just worked out fuel consumption with above jetting on a technical trail ride with road links between trails - 93.4 miles for 9.5 Litres. That's 105 - 110 miles per tank (depending on whether it's the 11 Litre tank it's supposed to be, or the 10.5 Litres it seems to hold!)
  3. JBoone Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 ktm 300 exc (sold)
    My most common mileage is around 27-29 miles per ride in single and double track at average 16 mph and the tank looks more than 2/3 full. I have not measured but your numbers sound close to what I am likely getting.

Edit: I realize this is anticdotal at best
  4. John Rodgers Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 TE300
    I ordered the J/D jet kit and realize now that the bike was insanely rich from the factory for my type of riding and location. Im fairly certain i nearly doubled my fuel economy and the bike is much more lively and does not bog at all in the slow stuff.
  5. QUATTRO Husqvarna
    AA Class

I ride in europe holland below sea level with the te300 with fmf gnarli and 165 main necw suzuki needle 40 pilot 7 slide
    The necj needle was way to lean but also the necw needle
    Could i try a 45 pilot jet?
    Or do i need a richer needle
    It is really snappy but pings alot from zero to half trottle.
    With the stock needle the bike is blubbering at little trottle in slow woods.
  6. QUATTRO Husqvarna
    AA Class

Air screw is 0.75 out
  7. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Try raising the needle a clip first which means putting the clip in the next lower groove. The needle controls 1/8 - 3/4 throttle and sometimes people will screw the idle speed screw in so far to get it to idle that they are beginning to idle on the needle pilot overlap. After you go richer on the needle reset the air screw to give best throttle response and if you are more than 1 1/2 turns out on the air screw then you probably need a bigger pilot. I've found that most Mikuni carbs work best when the combo of needle to pilot lands the air screw between 1/2 and 3/4 out.
  8. QUATTRO Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hello

Thanks for your reply
    I have the needle in 4 clip from top
    And i use the keihin carb 36mm
    I could try 5 clip
  9. QUATTRO Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have seen that the rm250 with the necj uses 48 or 50 pilot
    Maybe this needle needs a bigger pilot jet with low attitude sea level
  10. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en

Of course if you run out of grooves you have to go to the next size needle and start back in the middle groove. Only make one change at a time or you can quickly get lost. Keep giving it what it wants and you will have it figured out pretty quick.
  11. QUATTRO Husqvarna
    AA Class

End of this week i get the new needles and start to test again
  12. Blainelukens Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 Husqvarna TE300
    Just thought I'd throw this into the mix,
    Needle N8RW highest clip on needle
    152 main in summer and a 155 when it's colder
    32.5 pilot
    This thing rips now, before it was super flat at higher rpms had a 172 main before
    Ride 6-10k in elevation
    Before you say I'm going to burn it up,friend has same bike and runs this combo all winter for his snow bike
  13. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Well after 14,000 look ups and 7 pages of responces I have seen a lot of different set ups 2 years and 2,300 miles ago I set my 2016 TE300 like this and have not changed or adjusted anything since rode every thing from below sea level to over 8,000 feet from over 100 to down around 30 raced races like King of the moto to national hare and hounds to fast desert no change bike runs perfect so her is what I did. Change plug to BR8ES run the stock needle N8RG use a 172 MJ 38 long jet 85 short jet I use 110 leaded race gas mixed 50 to 1 also run the stock yellow spring. That's it for me runs great everywhere
    87husky500xc likes this.
  14. ggg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250 14
    Other Motorcycles:
    NONE

your problem is the starting diameter of the needle NECJ or W is lean off idle, try H needles if W is lean.

a 40 or 42 pilot jet should be enough but the needle starting diameter and pilot jet work together, going large of the pilot then lean on Dia does not go well for smooth power

my pick if it cold would be NEDH clip 3 or maybe 4, 165 main sound lean too me buy hey your tuning the bike

generaly the next step up richer on needle dia works out about 1/4 turn leaner on A/S if the bike was correctly jetted to start with, approx 1/2 turn out next size up on pilot as a guide as well if your tuned correctly
    maybe the 42 would be the go with H needle, A/S designed to work best at 1.5 turns out from seated
  15. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    I use the NECJ and NEDJ needles (they are 1/2 clip apart) in my 300, but it's a 2014.

I notice that you are running N8RH. That H diameter is what's causing your pilot to seem too rich. If you have the N8RW that you mention, above, then try that. I'm gonna bet that you are happier with the W or even J diameter, than with your present H diameter.
  16. Sladep Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1982 XC430, 2016 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    KDX220R (2000&2004),08 Honda GL1800
    Your set-up is very close to what I use for exactly the same altitudes. Am running Slavens' Mountain Jetting kit. The needle is unidentified, but I suspect it's close to the Suzuki RM NECH. Clip is in groove #2. MJ 148, PJ40, ASO 1.5 turns. Premium gas (only 91 octane), mixed 50:1 Yamalube R. It absolutely rips, runs very crisp and really barks, even at these altitudes.