1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC 2016 TE300 JETTING

Discussion in '2st' started by Tetley, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Bryguy215 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 te300
    Other Motorcycles:
    None
    See I was running real good stock but I have changed my head to an s3mule head and now I'm running lean. I just moved the clip from the third spot up to the second spot. Going to see if that helps. I think I might try one size up on the pilot jet.

Attached Files:

2. Michael Ryan Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 TE 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 350exc, 89 CR 500

Hey ggg,
    thanks for the info. Im going to go up in the pilot one size ( 38 ) , prob leave the necj on the 2nd clip from the top in this warmer weather to lean it out and drop the main jet atleast one or two sizes ( 168 ) . I did a plug chop and the bike is running rich which I already knew, but like you mentioned its lean from idle to 1/8th .
  3. HS507 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yz450,crf150r,crf100f,crf50f
    Yes richer pilot (38) and leaner main 168 for sea level and jd needle or nedj
    56on449 likes this.
  4. 56on449 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Summer: Ontario, Canada / Winter: Arizona, USA
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 BMW R1200GS
    +1 It works for me.
  5. Tetley Husqvarna
    AA Class

Finally got to test and set up the NECJ needle. (Also set one up in my mate's KTM XC300).
    Running a 35 PJ, 1.5 turns out of AS was too spluttery, 2.5 was a bit lean with a hanging idle, but super smooth off the bottom end, so we plumped for 2 turns which was a good balance.
    The NECJ needle was a bit boggy on clip 2, so went for clip 3, and both the TE and the XC are running really smoothly.
    Main jets are 172, as I wanted to keep things on the richer side at full throttle to keep tempereatures down, and hopefully any chances of siezure reduced.
    So, the verdict is I'm very happy with the NECJ needle, it's made our bikes very smooth, and lovely to ride on the road, and very controllable off road. It's totally different to the 'chart' jetting, which makes the bike very spluttery and snatchy power delivery, and horrible to ride on the road. 'Chart' jetting is more of motocross, sand or desert racing jetting, where the bike is flat out most of the time.
  6. ride200mi Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2010 Kawasaki KX250F
    My dealer mentioned these are if you decide to remove the hand guards. Use them for the lever bolts. Sorry off topic!
  7. chinski Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE300 2015
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW S1000R, Buell XB12s, BETA trials
    I'm having trouble with bike really sputtering at low load, any Rpm it's still the same whenever throttle just open to about 1/4 open, anything over 1/4 throttle at any Rpm is perfect just at part throttle runs way rough !

I've set it up exactly how the local Husky shop said to do it & do theirs.

In QLD Australia so mostly sea level to 300 metres, temp 20 - 35 degrees.

N8RG needle
    35 Pilot Jet
    170 Main Jet
    3rd clip
    Air screw 2 turns out ( tried 3 turns & 3.5 turns but made no difference)

cheers !
  8. bikesparky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Superduke 1290
    I'm not an expert on jetting but I'm pretty sure the main is too big for sea level-warm weather. 168 or even 165 should work better. From memory if the main is too big the air screw does what you describe (f -all)
    See one of the excellent Slavens videos on jetting, that's what he explains.
  9. AdamN Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    PE175
    chinski, I had the same symptoms with my '16 TE300. I spent hours reading jetting threads on different forums and the common advise was a Suzuki NECJ needle and 168 main jet.

Now running,

NECJ 3rd clip (was N8RG 3rd clip)
    168 main jet (was 170)
    35 pilot (standard)
    air screw 1.75 turns

Bike runs 200% better with the new set up, could still use a tweak on the air screw. Has cleaned up 98% of the off idle blubber that you describe which I also experienced. I also bought a Slavens EZ Adjust air screw and idle screw for easier adjusting but haven't been on the bike since installing them.
    The NECJ needle is an optional part for an '08 RM250 I think ( could be wrong) but Google it and you will find the Suzuki part number to order it.
    I am running the red powervalve spring with the pre load adjuster 1 turn in from flush.
    I am in Sydney so same same riding conditions as you.

Cheers
    Adam
  10. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    At 1/4 throttle you are mostly on the needle circuit. I suggest lowering the needle by putting the clip in the 2nd notch from the top and see how that affects things.
  11. Michael Ryan Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 TE 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 350exc, 89 CR 500
    You need a 38 pilot mate..im running the same conditions in Perth and as soon as I upped it to a 38 all sweet.
  12. chinski Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE300 2015
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks for replies guys.

I lowered needle to 2nd clip, was a bit less sputering, then to 1st clip, bit less sputtering again but seemed to lose some power at really low revs slipping clutch in 2nd gear up snotty hill climbs

Also watched those Slavens videos, good handy info

Sputtering is only noticeable now when maintaining a constant speed , decel or accel is sweet off-road it's just the 13 klm commute on road to my local trials i notice the sputter.

@ bike sparky i will try smaller main jet as stated above.
    @ Michael Ryan i think my sputtering is from running rich so wouldn't a bigger pilot give me more fuel at low revs ? i'm new to this so still working it all out
    @ AdamN yep i'm pretty keen to try the Suzuki NECJ, sounds like a good problem solving needle

cheers !
  13. Michael Ryan Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 TE 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 350exc, 89 CR 500
    What happens when you chop the throttle on from idle ? Does it bog down than pick up or is it spluttery? 1/4 throttle does suggest the needle but the pilot circuit does slightly overlap.
    The change in main Jet will not help your splutter at 1/4 throttle. The main jet mainly comes into play from 3/4 to Wide open .
    I have a 2016 300 and I'm running a 38pilot, NECJ 3rd clip, 170Main ( still too rich ) . I was running the 35 pilot but couldn't dial it in, as soon as I changed to a 38 all was good but I had a bog when I chopped the throttle from idle.
    Another quick check if your running rich is to remove your side panel and get some more air flow and see if the splutter gets better and cleans up ….crude but it works.
  14. 56on449 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Summer: Ontario, Canada / Winter: Arizona, USA
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 BMW R1200GS
  15. Tetley Husqvarna
    AA Class

Have you tried the N8RH needle which should have come with the bike? This needle is leaner in the 0 - 1/8 throttle region, so will help to clean up low throttle spluttering.
    (The NECJ is 2 steps leaner still in this region, which is one reason why it produces a smooth response)
  16. bikesparky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Superduke 1290
    How is the float level? If that's too high nothing will work well.
  17. chinski Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE300 2015
    Other Motorcycles:
    Righto here's the latest,

Tried the N8RH today on 3rd clip & sputter still there.
    Tried 160 main jet ( my next smaller one after 170 ) & same sputter
    Tried 38 pilot & less sputter but also noticeable less power
    Went back to 35 pilot, N8RG on 3rd clip, 3 turn on AS & sputter really bad when maintaining constant speed with throttle up to 1/4 & sputter bad offroad at ip to 1/4 throttle too
    Phoned Suzuki for a NECJ but 2 week wait.
    Laying bike over with fuel tap on its well past 45 degrees before fuel comes out overflow

I'm not really sure if its from pilot or main or maybe both.
    Next step drop N8RG to first clip ( which i've already had before & probably best setup so far) & then go for a ride then go to N8RH on 1st clip ( instead of 3rd where i tried it today ) & get a direct comparison between N8RG & N8RG on 1st clip.

cheers guys ! will get it sorted i'm sure !
  18. chinski Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE300 2015
    Other Motorcycles:
    Well i've tried a few more things & actually getting pretty stuck & frustrated now.

Dropped N8RG to 1st clip, sputter same
    Fitted N8RH on 1st clip, sputter same
    Removed plug, pretty fouled up ( see pic ) so cleaned plug, still same
    Removed reed block, all OK
    Rode bike with airbox cover removed, still same

Sputter has gotten worse which is what made me think plug or reeds as its definitely progressed to worse than what it was, i first ran with N8RG on 1st clip & sputter was a lot better, now I run the same & runs terrible, it's really running rough anything up to 1/4 throttle now.

don't know what to do next as different needles / clip positions don't affect bike at all & neither does adjusting air screw, might have to take it back to dealers, only has about 13 hours since new.

EDIT=Just freaking realised i set clip at position #5 for both needled not #1, thats why it was running worse at #1 than before because my new #1 was 5, what an idiot... Ok tomorrow will got back to #1 & go from there....

[IMG]

[IMG]
  19. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    You can't clean a spark pl
    You can't clean a plug that is fuel fouled. Once the spark has arced along the wet fuel on the insulator it lays down a carbon path that the spark will follow (because it's an easier path) and it will continue to follow that path and lay down more carbon which will make the problem worse and worse. The carbon is impregnated in the insulator and cannot be cleaned out. It doesn't matter if the plug is an hour old or 5 years old, once it is fuel fouled replace it.
  20. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    Is that a trick of the light or can I see day light through those reeds ?