2014 Husqvarna line

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by robertaccio, May 21, 2013.

1. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    Then there is the 1 stage of "I don't care who makes it or where, as long as it is a good bike."
    JonXX likes this.
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Good attitude ESP when referring to circumstances that are out of your control ...

--
    I'm a step 5er who drowned his sorrow in 5 Huskies of the type desired ... 3 of which are the MX version ... The coolest, quickest dirt bike any dirt company makes ...
  3. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Mental.
    Camstyn likes this.
  4. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    With the demise of the TE310R, does that only leave the Sherco as an "off the shelf" solution in the 300cc 4T category?

[IMG]
    john01, 454x and Blair7 like this.
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I rode a maybe 09 - 010 Berg at Tasky demo days once in WA ... It was a 450 EFI model of some sort and I remember thinking as I rode it "These guys are trying to out Husqvarna, a Husqvarna" ... Its the only bike I ever felt like that as I rode it ...
    Radbuster likes this.
  6. turtlemoye Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE511, TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 BMW 1200GSA
    Doesn't KTM still make a 300 EXC?
  7. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Its a 350
  8. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    and it's kind of heavy.
  9. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    And the 310 feels like a BMX in comparison, I reckon that Sherco would too
  10. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Beta 350(unique motor)-400-450-498 (all based on same block)
  11. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I wonder how the handling is one each. Obviously you get more power per step up but does the 350 really handle better than there 450. Or atleast enough for a novice to notice. I don't notice a handling difference between the 310 And 250 other than motor. I hope beta gets into fuel injection, I know it's not for everyone but I love it. Last thing, the Sherco is amazing looking and I can't wait to see one in person. The dealer is only an hour away. Trail Rider magazine said it is lighter than most 2 stroke (on the scale too) and it is by far the best handling 4 stroke they've ever tested. They wished for a bit more motor and I was told by them that the 310 is a better open riding area bike
  12. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    Before 1990, the KTM 250 and 500 smokers were identical bikes except for the motors. Same frame, suspension, valving, geometry, heights, and nearly the same weights... yet the 250 felt like a feather compared to the 500. Every time I have a chance to compare like this, the smaller motor really changes the feel of the bike. Sometimes for the better.
  13. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Oh I get that, I guess What really throws me off is the 350-400-450. A lot of choices which is a good thing just not sure how it changes in small increments.
  14. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    Honestly, I like the X-lite and the 125/144 Husky's, and that's about all. Will be sad to lose those, if we do.
    surfer1100 likes this.
  15. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I like all the four strokes. I like that the 511/449 have character and ride way different than anything I've ever been on.
  16. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Sounds to me like BMP is about to add Best Husqatoom Dealer in the NW to their Best Husqvarna Dealer standing...time to clear some more wall space for the plaques.....

The 'berg dealers in our neighborhood were already on life support and most of the KTMs seem to come from a couple of "superstores"...one of which is actually a car dealership chain.

I think a little BMP attention will start to convince some KTM riders that they just might like blue...with a side of personal service.

And after that those guys might find out that hanging out at Cafe Husky is a much more civilized and informative experience than TT or KTMT are providing them.

The hardware is just one small part of the equation.
    Motosportz and JonXX like this.
  17. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Husqvarnas in the 70s followed a similar formula...which made for a heavy 125 MX bike alongside the featherweight CR125 Hondas, or even the Suzukis and Yamahas.
  18. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I just hope they don't go to Husaberg prices because I'm having a hard enough time saving for a 449 lol
  19. birdy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310R
    Just let me guess:oldman:

All the new Huskies gonna have components out of the KTM shelf. So the X-lite engine is dead. I love my 310 R but the new 250 F KTM engine seems to be very good and definetely has no starting issues...

So what I see is a big bore 250f KTM engine as a 310 Husky. Huskies won't have PDS but a linkage and WP suspension !!!
  20. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I always heard bad things about WP. Not really all bad but a love/hate kind of thing. Speedbrain used WP on their Husky not to mention plenty of people use it. I guess the biggest issue I hear is with the PDS but isn't that similar to the linkage on the 449? It just means its above the swingarm right?