2014 Husqvarna line

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by robertaccio, May 21, 2013.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    According to all the Italian blog/internet chatter.
    (KTM-Hbg) Husqvarna models will be reintroduced in Oct at "home" in Sweden.
    The new "badged" models will be officially presented also at the EICMA show in Milano.
  2. silverpilen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450, 2005 TC450, 2013 TE250R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Navigator 1000
    mmmm...what are are they thinking here? I could probably think of a better place to present the new models right now. Probably anywhere else in the world other than the EICMA show in Milano. That is kind of rubbing the Italians noses in it don't you think. Especially with Milano just being down the road from Varesse. The factory workers don't have much else to do right now other than protest outside the show. Expect a PR disaster for both Husy-berg and KTM as the press will be totally talking about the takeover, the pitiful performance of BMW and the callous treatment by KTM, nothing about the future o fthe company and the bikes as everyone knows what they will be and look like already. You can expect they will get heaps of exposure all right - for all the wrong reasons.
    Radbuster, HuskyDude and surfer1100 like this.
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    (this is tongue in cheek silliness with some validity)
    not only that EICMA thing but at HOME in Sweden intro......Husky brand motos bought by Cagiva moved from Sweden,,,,,Swedes then started Husaberg.....KTM bought them moved from Sweden...... Now Kato is killing the HBG brand and reintroducing Husqvarna to its homeland as re-plastic-ed KTMs..... sounds weird to me.

In US classic marque terms== H-D bought by Ducati moved to Italy...... H-D team starts new company here in US called D-H,,,,D-H is then bought by KTM moved to Austria, then KTM buys H-D form Italians and moves it to Austria,,,,, then decides to kill the D-H brand to re-intro H-D in the US with different paint jobs and labled KTM street bikes as well as intro the "new" H-D at the EICMA show right down the road from where H-D was being built for 20 plus years. weird......in any brand scenario

I AM IN LUST FOR A TM Racing, or Beta motorcycle at the moment for the future.............but my wonderful Italian built TE310 and TXC310R will do just fine for now
  4. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    At least there will be 2014 models
  5. silverpilen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Navigator 1000
    It is sure a crazy world. Whatever KTM do, they need to be sensitive on how they do it. Relaunching in Sweden is good idea so long as they don't ignore or trash the italian chapter. Castiglione was always very careful to pay homage to the Husky swedish roots during the entire time they had the brand and always maintained a swedish connection. I lamented the closure of the swedish chapter at the time but respected the Cagiva approach (except for the fluro green era) and looking back in time now recognize that it was some Husky's best years. Fireworks and champange in Milano is probably not a good idea...
  6. 7point62 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 Kawasaki TR250
    Katoom do seem to be rubbing the Swedes' noses in it. :(

Since Husky seem to have gotten to the bottom of the leccy start issue the 250 / 310s are up there with comparable bikes from any manufacturer - and with the potential for even more goodness. I'd like to think it has a future, but I'm worried that "consolidation" will see the end of the x-lite. Hopefully not though.

And I'd love a TM or two in the dream garage as well (right next to the Service Honda 500 that I'd be too scared to ride). I think that niche Euro manufacturers should take heart from KTM's Pacman act - any shrinking of the gene pool should be an opportunity for the little guys who are not afraid to innovate - or to just build top quality, functional bikes.

You can't have enough toys. :)
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I used to think that until my wife told me I had to many, looked around and she was right, sold a small pile. Feel better now :)
  8. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I just purchased a 2012 TC250 ... Word is it is perfect :) ... This bike I hope gets a PRO class rider here of some sort ... Novice, Immediate, Beginner will be fine..

Gonna get some 12T front sprockets for the trails also ...

--

So what is the end game here? Do we ever stop bashing on Husky and saying we're gonna buy another brand? ... Or is that just the norm here now?
  9. silverpilen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Navigator 1000
    This is so true. When you have too many bikes, the maintenance and upkeep become too much (tires, chains, sprockets) and you have to spend more time working than riding to fund the obsession.
    Motosportz likes this.
  10. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Yep ... having at least the same brand helps there on maintenance time and having all the same models makes it even easier keeping parts around and bikes in running condition .. You can only ride them one at a time so some down time on a single bike is not a show stopper ....
  11. dirttracker1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    my10tc250,my12cr144,my12tc449
    Other Motorcycles:
    xr50,minienduro60,Gt80
    12t.is quicky but realy it top speed very quick too
    I mean that when come a long strait away it feel slow
    The huskys 4 stroke are torky and I tried to get a 14t.
    From the dealer it was listed oem part but We couldn't
    Get it,well I end up making one with 2 sprockets and
    I tell You what if you don't have a 14t for the tc 250
    You're missing a lot of tork and top speed specialy
    when you need it...just saying
  12. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I was gonna go the 14t route also but was told it will not fit on the bike ...

As far as the 12 being too slow, maybe but where I ride it is all trails and dirt and if we roll outta the mountains and back to the lowlanders, around here 30MPH is still pretty fast ...

First gear in the tighter ST seems a little high on the TC racer models and I'd really like a 52T for the rear instead of the FS change ...
    310huskyTE likes this.
  13. dirttracker1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    my10tc250,my12cr144,my12tc449
    Other Motorcycles:
    xr50,minienduro60,Gt80
    It does fit the bike but the chain is very close from
    The hyd clutch actuator but with a zip ty case saver
    It will never touch it. We been using 14t for few years
    Also on slippery track the 14t kill the motor a bit
    And give you better traction and control like so
    Tacky track small front sprocket is more quicky
    Slippery track bigger front sprocket
    Example:slippery Track with short straight away
    You would put a bigger front sprocket and a bigger
    Rear also, with the same gear ratio your bike will
    Act very different one way from the other
  14. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    KTM's marketing dept sure has their head up their behinds with the debut in Sweden thing. It's a disingenuous move that is purely a weak attempt to exploit the brand name's history. It would mean something if Sweden were somehow involved in the future of Husqvarna motorcycles, but that's not the case.

2014 models will likely NOT be mostly rebranded KTMs. There may be one or two, but Husky had stuff ready, I'd expect the old stuff to live on for this year and some of the reports have indicated that is the plan. Beyond that... who knows?

I'm in the wait and see camp. I'm in no rush to run out and buy another bike. I absolutely love my 2011 TE310. Sure, it could be a little better. I may put the 2012 TXC ECU and 12 hole injector on it. Perhaps the FMF powerbomb header and a Q4 exhaust, too. It doesn't really need it, but I expect I'd enjoy the upgrade.

I just hope the next year or two allow me the opportunity to get out and RIDE more. I haven't been able to much lately and it's frustrating. BTW, the ride more reference was unintentional, but in retrospect, I like it. :)
  15. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC250 and 2012 TC250
  16. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    go on an Italian diet just leave off the K........
    juicypips likes this.
  17. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

My son has the 2011 TM 250MX; sweet bikes. If their 250 had e-start I think I'd get one.
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I don't really see the bashing but do see people exploring other opportunities. there are a lot of new exciting bikes like the Beta and upgraded GG and TM etc. If you like Italian flavor that many husky enthusiast do it is a natural progression from a husky that is not going to be made in Italy any more. Some have bashed husky since the day BMW took over which was much more obvious and hateful from where i sit. I understood that too. IMHO people are just voice concerns and possibly looking at other manufacturers to provide the cool exotic needs they have. I used to ride yamaha, had hondas, had many bikes, like them all, that does not make it bashing. I really like huskys and will be keeping my current ones. But owning something else is not out of the realm of possibilities ether. Husky love is still strong here and will remain so but some will not want anything to do with KTM based products and many more might be all over it. Choices are good not bad IMHO.
  19. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    I like the plated 4t's. hi-res520RS.jpg
  20. allphazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky te 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta 350rr & 250rr
    Nice to hear a voice of reason. Well said. Just because guys are buying other brands, doesn't mean they are here to bash and don't still love the brand they've been riding (and still own) for years.
    HuskyDude, Coffee and Norman Foley like this.