2013 TXC 310 or wait for 2014 TXC 310

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Evel, Jul 18, 2013.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Yes a fully race mapped black head 2013. super low hours, race tech suspension, FMF pipe.
  2. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC250 and 2012 TC250
    For SUPER cheap
  3. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    If it were me, I would start looking now. The inventories could be low already. And of course if you have not already done so, try to get a quick ride on the model you are thinking of purchasing.

Think in the next 3-6 weeks you will have much more information regarding the 13/14's. Generally speaking when anything related to Husqvarna news occurs it shows up on this site quite quickly.

While you could be patrolling/riding Metcalf, my instincts tell me you are actually at Hollister.
    454x likes this.
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hey Coastie stop the thread-jack this is about 2013 and 14 models!! not some old bike.
  5. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC250 and 2012 TC250
    Ya, ya.....
  6. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Don't fix it, it may be in my price range :)
  7. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

It sounds like you want to make it easy to get away.:lol:
  8. MotoXotica Husqvarna
    AA Class

the e starter issues wer addressed for 2013 310 bikes part way thru 2013 production.the te and txc bike that have a serial # below around 300 have an updated starter gear kit avail.its covered under warranty so should not cost the customer any money to get the updates.the bikes with higher serial #s were built with the updated parts so they should be fine.dan
    robertaccio, AndrewS and Evel like this.
  9. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    The 2014 4t bikes are 350 and 500's. The 350 is very powerful and has a mid high end power band.
  10. KGSloan Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC310r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR450f, Kawi KLX 110, HD V-Ro
    the ride on the TXC310r is one of the best i've ever been on. it's what it is, very light, extremely nimble, well planted, and it totally rips! now, it doesn't 450 rip, and it's not going to be a good bike to put in a lot of miles, but it will rip up some single track and XC trails.

however, beware, the bike needs to be gone over with a fine tooth comb for all fasteners, hose routing clearance, electrical connectors, etc - it will be nothing like you're used to with that yamaha as far as initial build quality. My .02 after owning one for 15 hrs of ride time.
  11. Russ Henry Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 310
    Are these the ktm's ?
  12. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Husabergs, yes. You can't buy that 500 engine in a KTM.
  13. Russ Henry Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 310
    Do you know what will be Husky ?
  14. Chilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think it is pretty certain that there will not be any further production of existing Husky platform models. The Italian factory is being shut down as we speak and all the current inventory is being disposed of at fire sale prices. Seems pretty clear to me.
    Tinken likes this.
  15. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    The 2014 Husaberg model line is now the 2014 Husqvarna line. I imagine the mappings will be hopped up a bit. The 2015 line will break away from KTM and will begin to move in a direction away from the KTMs.
  16. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    yeeeaaap!! (storage wars' Dave Hester bidding on the Husky inventory......)
  17. MikeB Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm a big fan of the 250/310 size bike rather than the 350/450. It's time for me to sell my 2012 TXC310 (which has been completely trouble free) and find a 2013. (As soon as I finish one more killing month of 72 hour 7 day work weeks)
    MotoXotica likes this.
  18. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    If you still you all still love the 300 platform Chilly is going to compare the Sherco 300i and txc310, right Chilly? :)
  19. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    At the moment, inventories are quite low. There maybe more of the 2013's coming to the usa. The only question I have is - will they be 2013s or a really early 2014's.

If there is any truth at all to the rumor that there were 13,000+ bikes in inventory that need to be disposed of, it would make sense to me to have those be 2014s.

Regardless, I agree the fire sale prices will continue until that inventory is taken care of.
  20. Chilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

I don't want to get too off topic, but I am just back from 4 days in Baja on the Sherco. I decided at the last minute to go do the 2013 Baja Beach Bash. So far pretty much everything on the Sherco is very impressive. Quinn Cody and I did a short bike swap with his '13 TE310. Sherco is very light feeling by comparison, TE is much more comfy and soft, but felt heavier. TE actually fits me a little better, the Sherco is a very compact chassis. Doing a number of 3rd and 4th gear roll ons, the bikes were near dead even. The TE had a full FMF system.

In the hill climb competitions, Quinn and I both made it down to the final 4 ( out of nearly 50). Sherco power is incredibly smooth and it gets great traction. If you ever considered a true cross between a trials and enduro bike, this is it.

I hope to get the TCX310 lined up to ride with soon, that will be a more accurate comparison.
    LandofMotards likes this.