2013 TXC 310 or wait for 2014 TXC 310

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Evel, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Evel Husqvarna
    A Class

Hello to all reading this thread...I have been searching for the answer to whether to purchase a 2013 TXC 310 or wait for the 2014 models to show up in October. What do you guys think???
  2. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm not sure there will even be a '14 TXC 310.
  3. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I'll move this over to General (Main), where you should get better responses.

From: Newsroom - Bike Industry: press releases, magazine articles, rumors
    To: General (Main) - Things that don't fit in the other categories

Alternatively it could have been in 4st, but this really isn't a technical discussion about the bikes per se.
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Correct ... No one knows about OCT and what bikes will be available...

---
  5. Connor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 TXC310

Hmm this is a tough question. Well we know some things about the new huskys. They are essentially husabergs that are going to be rebranded with BNG and called husqvarna's. So with that said, I doubt their will be a "txc310". Maybe a txc350? I assume it is just going to be the FE350, which is pretty much a blue clone of the 350xcf-w. However, I like the looks of the husabergs and have only heard good things about them, so I say wait and try a '14. However im sure you will have plenty of people say take the '13, which is also a great bike and from what I understand they are being heavily discounted right now.
    Boogie and Evel like this.
  6. Evel Husqvarna
    A Class

Yeah...sure wish I knew if they were bringing out a 2014 TXC 310.... this is going to be a patrol bike for the OHV park I am a Ranger at.... My brother has been riding his Husky since 2004 and loves it.... it is a sweet bike..... I own a 2002 Yamaha WR250F that is really tricked out like a YZF... and I have been patrolling on a 2008 KTM XCF250W for the past 5 years....nice bike as well....but my Yamaha is still a way better set up bike for me....faster...better suspension.... thanks for your help... by the way...does anyone know where the best place to look for info as soon as the new models are announced???
  7. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    So where is this written down at other than your words here?

And the 2014 bergs were going away about 2 months ago and that was 100% non-sense also SINCE new bergs came out for 2014.

--

I'll say all this is fiction till some actual new motorcycle is sold.
  8. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Evel, you got a cool alias but nothing is really known here on this site about what the new bikes will be ... All these guys are just making guesses from what has happen in the past with motorcycles so they are just mimicking the past, at best ...

The OWNERS of the Husqvarna bike company have stated that Bergs and Huskies will be merged in some manner and that is about the only facts we know on the Husqvarnas' bike future ...

If you read enough here, and I'm not saying to do that, about 3-5 buzz words are parroted here often ...

If you like the current bikes buy one BUT be aware the EFI stuff can be a problem and has been a problem across ALL motorcycle brands ... So when Husky gets bashed here, I know people who havw new bergs and they are having EFI issues also ..

If you wanna see what comes next, just wait for another 6-8 months or whenever the new bikes will be sold and no ones knows the date for new sales but I'm sure someone will tell you the dates the new bike will be available at your doorstep ...

--

ktm is a real player and will develop great bikes in the future, no matter what is said by so many here. The ktm brass that will be making the new Husky bikes has stated that a new line of Huskies will be out in OCT ... That is about where the buck stops now and no one but rocket scientists know exactly what that "new line of Huskies" actually means ...

Good luck and ride safe ..I own 5 different Huskies (08-012 models) at the moment and a very satisfied rider ... It just occurred to me the other day...Only a water pump seal on a 4t machine has ever stopped one of my bikes from being ridden ...
  9. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I was going to say don't wait but since your a ranger and want it to be a patrol bike...wait lol. Get a quad so it's easier for us to get away :)
  10. Phoenix Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 Ducs, 14 GG 200, 13 Husa 300

You sound like you have a fun job! :notworthy:
    salvi48 and LandofMotards like this.
  11. Connor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 TXC310

Dude chill out. I will reword what I said to make it a little more clear. Stefan has said that they will unveil all new Husqvarna models with the latest technology by 'October 2013. With that said, their is no way for them to build/create a whole new design for the husqvarna in only a few months, creating a whole new design takes years usually. It only makes sense that they will pull their knowledge and resources from Husaberg (which is going away, look it up if you don't believe me) and the new technology they have developed for those bikes and adapt them over and call them the new Husqvarna's. Either way, Husaberg no more, husqvarna will live on. It only makes sense (to me at least) that they would only have enough time to throw some new graphics on the newest versions of the husabergs and than call them husqvarna's. I just can't see them having time to bring out a whole new design in this short of time. And just because you asked, here you go. The following is a quote from Stefan Pierer that came out in a news letter in May, "After a careful analysis and evaluation of all aspects, it was concluded to reunite what arose from the same roots 25 years ago. ln other words, combining the worldwide heritage of Husqvarna with the latest state-of-the-art technology of Husaberg will lead Husqvarna to a new era of great success."
  12. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Sure and thanks and we all know these words on paper .. Next, we have the reality of a new motorcycle that as far as I know, has not been shown, but has certainly be graced with buzz words from days gone by ...
    --
    salvi48 likes this.
  13. Micfasto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TXC 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR400, Vstrom
    If it is a "Patrol" bike. Noting better than a CRF450x.
    robertaccio likes this.
  14. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Yeah no kidding. I think I finally found a career lol
  15. Russ Henry Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 310
    You should consider the TE/TXC 449 and 511. Much more versatile than the 310 and seems to be a better fit for what you will use it for
  16. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    Just want to note that the EFI is pretty good on the 2013 250/310's. It changed from Mikuni to Keihin for 2013 and most of the documented EFI problems on the 250/310 refer to the Mikuni set up.
    You won't need to do anything to the EFI on a 2013 TXC310R... it should run sweet straight out of the box.

Evel, perhaps you should try and get a test ride on both the 2013 TXC310R and a 2013 or 2014 Husaberg FE350. Both mid capacity, but these are different horses for different courses. Maybe the FE350 would be a more versatile patrol bike but you might not catch a naughty kid on a 310 through the tight twisties.
    AndrewS and LandofMotards like this.
  17. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    Another note...

IF there is a 2014 TXC310 Husky it will probably just be same same as 2013
    IF there is a 2014 TXC350 Husky it will probably just be same same as 2013/14 FE350 Husaberg
    So its likely you're comparing two bikes that already exist...
    Go test riding, its fun. The only thing better than dirt bike shopping is bed shopping when you're hungover.
  18. AndrewS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350s 2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TE250 (sold)
    If the 2013 is still being discounted, and you can find one, then why wait?
  19. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    If there is a 14 model, maybe they'll fix the estart. That's the only thing holding me back. efi can be tuned and fiddled with. worm gears and ring gears and cams are a different thing to me.
    robertaccio likes this.
  20. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC250 and 2012 TC250
    I know where you can get a 2012 for cheap.