1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2013 TE310R throttle sensor/body

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Sketchl, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Sketchl Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310
    Note that the TPS is spring loaded and will only ramp up in one direction, clockwise or anti-clockwise...... unfortunately the Suzuki TPS ramps up in the opposite direction but I have confirmed that the KTM TPS at least ramps up in the correct direct.:)
  2. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    The incorrect shaft rotation was the problem we had on my son's car ....
    Certainly worked in his case.
    The readings will almost certainly be identical, just reading backwards
  3. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    Sergio- it seems weird that the Suzi TPS is the opposite rotation of the husky. It looks like the suzi tb has then same strange bell crank set-up that the husky has (top cable pulls the top pulley cw, the bell-crank arm pulls the bottom pulley/throttle plate ccw and so, on the other side, the TPS goes cw for more throttle. No? I believe that is how the husky is setup also (my garage is buried in snow; I can't confirm)

I would guess that all of these Keihin TB of this style would rotate the throttle plate this way (the top of the plate moves back away from the injector, upstream towards the air filter).

DM... do you have any experience in this regard? is my throttle plate theory right/wrong or not an issue? do you know why Keihin used dual pulleys with a connecting arm?

also, Sergio- in the end, tells us what did not work and why, besides which ideas worked. thanks.
  4. Sketchl Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310
    Weird is not the word.....Frustrating more like it!

I can confirm 100% that the Suzuki TPS Part#13580-28H01 works in the opposite direction and impossible to reverse.
  5. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    I'll have a look at our 2014 TE250R and confirm
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  6. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sergio- does the Husky 310r's TPS need to rotate counter-clockwise?
  7. Sketchl Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310
    If your looking at the TPS mounted to the TB from the back, the movement is clockwise.
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  8. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hey Dangermouse: when you get a chance to check the throttle body on the 250, could you also look on the 449 and see which way the throttle plates (butterfly valves) turn to open? I'd guess both go CCW because otherwise somebody would've used either TPS on a 310r already. thanks

Sergio- if you wanna try DM's trick, buy a cheap 449/511 tps (under $40, or even under $30). With full throttle, put the tps on with the mounting hole up down and gently rotate it CCW CW until the mounting hole lines up- screw it in. After exchanging wires 1 & 3 [Whoops- I just assumed this; on my elec. schematic, the wiper is the yellow wire. exchange the other two], adjust the TPS voltage. Could work. ...and a spring-loaded wiper shouldn't matter, it's just that at rest the spring would be fully loaded probably. I'd guess the spring is to get rid of the mechanical hysteresis (backlash, play, slack- the less pretentious way of saying it)

It sure is counter-intuitive that the Suzi TB rotates that way; have you determined whether the Polaris/KTM/Husey's do that also? The bell crank connecting the two pulleys would be the easy way to determine rotational direction by sight (assuming the top of the top pulley is pulled to open the throttle)
  9. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Sorry, have got busy and haven't got to the 250R throttle.
    Will do my best.
    Here's a video of the dual throttle on the TE449 that I did.

View: https://youtu.be/7Vn_9JxDOz8
    Trenchcoat85 and Big Timmy like this.
  10. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks. Looks like they both open CW, so the TPSs on the other side must go CCW. Shoot.
  11. Matthew525 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 250R
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 525, HONDA CRF150
    I had the same issue, I broke my TPS when I dumped the bike on the left side.

something hit and cracked my TPS, it was still working but didn't trust it.

After a bunch of trying to cross reference, I bought a compelte throttle body off E-bay from a 2013 TC205R for 149.99 and called it a day, I had the injector tested and cleaned (Which was plugged according to the test and good after cleaning). Still expensive, but better than the $600 from the dealer. Has been running well for a few months again.
    Dangermouse449 likes this.
  12. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Do you still have the old throttle body?
    Could you confirm direction of rotation for the guys above?
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  13. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Dangermouse (and Matthew)- don't stress too much about that... ...at least for my sake. I have pretty much confirmed that every Keihin 8671, EXCA42 (and A44) throttle body rotates the butterfly open the same way: Clockwise, looking at the TPS side. And the majority of these tb's I've seen online (20+) are from ktms; betcha their tps's can be made to work. OTOH, I have not found a Kawasaki/Suzuki/Polaris 8671/EXCA42 that I can see the throttle linkage- and therefore determine the butterfly direction.

Sergio's (Sketchl) photo of the 28H4 TB from a RM-Z seems to be similar. All of these TBs have a mounting hole for the TPS at the 8 o'clock position; a few have another hole at the 3 o'clock position. Only one hole is ever used either way.

Sergio- get back to us when you can (still on probation?) and let us know about the KTM TPSs. I also have a trick you can try to fix your old tps (basically a drilled hole and WD-40; lmk & I'll give you my idea). Another thing that I thought of is a way to mount almost any of these tps's w/o a bracket: mold a coupler nut onto the throttle body using MarineTex.... should work nicely; and it could open up a bunch of options for using different tps's.
  14. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    ....actually, Matthew- I was kinda wondering why you put a whole new throttle body/injector/MAP(?) on your bike, instead of taking the tps off the eBay tb and installing it- did you have damage to the throttle body too?
  15. Sketchl Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310
    Finally received the KTM TPS part# 77741077044 and it looks promising..... as per the below photos, the start position based on the fixing bolt is very similar, rotation direction and max out is the same. The only physical difference is the angle at which the leads come out of the TPS! Now for installation and start up, I'll update accordingly.

IMG_0882.JPG IMG_0883.JPG
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  16. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Looks like you're on a winner
  17. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    If you could, get a resistance range for me. Thanks.

May 2018 edit: also, the resistance range of the stock TPS turned out to be 130 ohms to 5050 ohms (probably 5000ohms- meter error) unmounted on the TB. when mounted, the no-throttle/idle resistance was 730ohms, and full throttle 3920ohms. With an accurate current source (like DM reported) of 1mA this also would equal the the voltage reading in mVolts (or in volts: 0.730v and 3.920v). The throttle body I used was off a low-hour '14 TXC 250R.
  18. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    ...and I just realized that your new tps wire harness will probably not reach the socket. Do not splice any wires into it until you determine it'll work.

Temporarily, loosen the wire loom and pull the socket to where you can get the tips to connect. Conversely, you could make a quick jumper set and run the wires to there respective mates.

Tune your bike. Once everything is good, we can worry about making the wires neat (maybe hafta splice 'em; might even use your old tps).
  19. Matthew525 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 250R
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 525, HONDA CRF150
    I put the new one on because I sent it to Injectioneering for his magic... and it is magic. But I don't recommend them to anyone. It's a guess if you will get your parts back.

I have the old throttle body in front of me. Shaft rotates clockwise 1486773190327-13018374.jpg
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  20. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    wait... is that a baby- behind the blurry throttle body? ...cute!
    Matthew525 likes this.