1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2013 TE310R throttle sensor/body

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Sketchl, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Sketchl Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310
    Ciao,

It's been diagnosed that the throttle position sensor on my 2013 TE310R has a fault which needs replacing.
    It appears that OEM only supply the complete throttle body at a big price!
    Just wanting to know if anyone has a spare working throttle sensor or complete throttle body assembly for sale.
    Thanks in advance

***** UPDATED INFO ***************

I can gladly report that a KTM TPS part# 77741077044 works as a direct replacement for a 2013 TE310R, with no modifications required.

Regards
    Sergio
    Sydney AU
  2. GEPR Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2006 KTM 250 EXC two stroke
    Do you mean the throttle position sensor (TPS) ?
  3. gsxrbee Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 250 R `13
    Hi Sketchl. The TE 310 ´13 uses the same keihin fuel injection body that uses KTM and suzuki/kawasaki on those years. Try to find this part out of Husqvarna spare parts, it will be avaliable separately and much cheaper
  4. Sketchl Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310
    Yes GEPR the TPS, which comes as part of the throttle body part# 8538671

Thanks gsxrbee, I'll research and advise

Regards
    Sergio
  5. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
  6. Sketchl Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310
    The Map Sensor is a separate part which mine is ok.
    The TPS comes as part of the throttle body which is the issue.
    Thanks
    Sergio
  7. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
  8. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hey, this TPS off of a 449/511 looks very, very similar (and it's sold individually by husky): http://shop.italhusky.com/en/products/2013/te-449-511-1/throttle-body-204 (#6)

part #8000H4737 price is €23.76 (what?- about $25-26 USD... but I just checked Hall's: $38.99 sheesh, it's kinda rare that the Euros beat our prices)

Weirdly, my '14 310r's TPS looks just like the 449's.... but it looks different than the parts book's '13 or '14 models. The torx screw mount is not at a 90° angle, more like 30°; and the wire connector comes in from the top, near the MAP, not from the bottom of the TB like the parts book shows. The other TPS (449/511s have 2 because they have 2 butterfly valves) #5 part #8000h4736 looks like the same one as the book shows for the 310- but again, it looks different from mine.

[edit: Whoops! I just realized #5 TPS torx screw mount is 180° out from the one in the book for the 310. It might still work; and I bet #6 will work just fine]

IMG_1472.JPG
  9. Alberto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    I think my TPS is having problems and very soon i will need to replace it. What will be a good replacement? bike is 2011 TE250
  10. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    what makes you think that? ...and I thought you had a 310??
  11. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Just had a look at the TPS sensor on our 2014 TE250R (same bike smaller engine)
    The throttle body is the same as the RMZ250 Suzuki. I've attached a screenshot of the online parts breakdown.
    The sensor body is cast approx. 90deg different, but has the same 3 pin connector, I'd be pretty certain it would work.
    (Better to waste $130 trying than a whole TB)
    All EFI systems use a 0-5v signal for the TPS, low being idle, high being 100% throttle.

2013 RM250Z Throttle body.PNG
  12. Sketchl Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310
    Ciao,
    I've been doing a lot of research/calls/visits for our Keihin TPS unit and am hitting a lot of brick walls! Thanks BMW.........
    Dangermouse449 the RMZ250 TPS won't work as the alignment of the bolt needs to be the same (fundamental requirement)
    I'm current investigating the Polaris TPS but believe that the spin direction is opposite to what we need!!! I'll confirm tomorrow. Also note the the TPS from a 449/511 won't work either.....
    Regards
    Sergio
  13. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    I agree it looks like it's close (actually, it's closer to the husky parts book image really) but don't you think the one on your 511 is even more similar (and maybe an exact match to the 310r TPS) and less than 1/3 the Suzuki price, or from Italy at 1/5 of the price? (#8000H4737 from husky) ...or no?

btw, what ended being the problem with your son's bike last summer (Aussie winter)?
  14. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Can you be more specific as to why the 449/511 TPS won't work? (it's only a $27-40 gamble). Shaft rotation direction?

...also, why is bolt alignment so critical? I'm guessing because of the angle that the butterfly shaft-end needs to fit into the TPS? Do you know for sure? (because, except for the hot-start, the RM-Z throttle body seems to be the same as the 310R's).

This is a two-way street: you also need to teach us, while we try to help you.

[also: I'm not ignoring you; it's that nobody but you can see your posts until they are approved. You might try posting a request on the "office" forum, "how do I get approved" thread or something like that and maybe you'll get off probation. good luck]
  15. Sketchl Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310
    Ciao Trenchcoat85,
    Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate all the feedback.
    I spoke to the ex Husky distributor, Paul Feeney Groups spare parts chap who advised that the 449/511 TPS is not compatible.
    With regards to Dangermouse' Suzuki option, it is actually an option but was not able to alter my previous post!
    As you have stated, it's a matter of finding a TPS that aligns with the butterfly shaft end. The Polaris TPS alignment is out by 90deg so would have to make a bracket, whereas closer inspection of the Suzuki RMZ250 TPS seems to align with the Husky one..... (Pics below) I'll source a Suzuki TPS and advise outcome.
    Thanks again IMG_3168.JPG IMG_0864.PNG IMG_3168.JPG IMG_0864.PNG IMG_3168.JPG IMG_0864.PNG IMG_3168.JPG IMG_3168.JPG IMG_0864.PNG
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  16. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    The 310R has a flying lead attached to the TPS (unlike the parts picture) and the plug is arranged with 3 pins in a triangle.
    The 449-511 TPS has a direct connection to the sensor and has 3 pins in a line.
    The Suzuki part looks to be the closest match.
  17. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    The bolt position is important because as the sensor rotates, the output voltage increases....
    If it starts and finishes in the wrong spot, the voltages will give the ecu false readings about what you are doing with the throttle.
    It may not idle, or have flatspots / fuelling issues.
  18. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    I understand the concept. I am just not sure if it's just the "anchor" bolt that has moved or the potentiometer too- if they maintain their positional relationship, everything should be cool. But I do not know. [another way of saying it: maybe it's the electrical lead's position that has changed between different TPS models, not the bolt's position. Or maybe a better definition: the slot for the shaft and the bolt's relationship is unchanged]

I was more worried about the directional rotation it was designed for (511).

yep I saw that. For me and you, with electronics experience, that would be a non-starter... well, certainly not worth an extra $100. But for you Sergio, I might have to agree with David. Unless of course, you know something about the Suzi TPS that means you can't use it.

BTW, speaking of electronics: Sergio, if you have a friend who knows what he is doing, (and if your tps is definitely not working at all) try repairing the TPS. It might be a simple broken lead (they're not potted real well at all). Or you might be able to use another tps to help fix the first, depending on the technology they use.
    Dangermouse449 likes this.
  19. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Oh, and in answer to your earlier question, we haven't cured the TE250R yet. I borrowed the HST from my ex dealer friend and have the updated maps to upload to it but the system would not load them

I'll probably start off like I did with my 449 and raise the TPS voltage a little to see if that stops the lean popping.
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  20. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Sketchl,
    Did your mechanic mention why he thought the TPS was failed?
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.