1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2013 TE310r Electric start issues

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by airrider, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Joe Piddington Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 FE350
    Do you have a Rekluse?
  2. Rob1965 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TXC 310r
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 TXC 310r, 2015 Yamaha 250fx

I do not.
  3. Rob1965 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TXC 310r
    Other Motorcycles:

Thanks John! I would like to discuss if you have a few. PM me your number or I can send you mine.
  4. Joe Piddington Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 FE350
    Ok. I was having a similar problem, but I think it was due to the Rekluse. Good Luck. I was having so many problems with that bike I sold it and bought a new 2016 FE350
  5. Jimmy250 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Polaris Quad
    Rob the new starter is a good thing but greasing the gears wont help unfortunately , you actually have to replace them with the updated hardened version that most dealers stock etc. Then also check the valves as well, and you should be good to go , look into the earlier discussions in this thread, they really helped me
    airrider and Rob1965 like this.
  6. rschneider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TXC310
    @rob1965: No, I have not touched it yet. I still need to wash it after riding down at Moto Vations(the old HRD in Gaston) last weekend. That, and without a heated garage I haven't been looking forward to it.

@Joe Piddington: I do have a Rekluse clutch in mine. Its been in there for almost two years though. I have just recently started having problems.
  7. Rob1965 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TXC 310r
    Other Motorcycles:

I hear you. We were down there too last Sunday. Sorry I missed you. I too have not washed our bikes due to weather, non heated garage, etc. After talking with Bill's, he said to check the idle and also go in tighter on the decompressor on the exhaust valve. I have heard this several times and am going to try these before I take the starter out since my starters are relatively new.
  8. rschneider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TXC310
    Ha, we were down there on sun to. I didn't notice any other huskys. Wasn't really looking though. Ryan Sipes and the NFab boys were ripping it up though, weren't they?

Are you going to do the adjustment yourself or get Gerald to do it?
  9. Rob1965 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TXC 310r
    Other Motorcycles:

Yeah, so Ryan and Grant Baylor! I am going to call Gerald tomorrow to get his thoughts. Most likely will take it to him. I do good to change the oil :)
  10. rschneider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TXC310
    Let me what Gerald says, and if that does it. If it works I will probably just drop mine off and let him do mine too.
  11. Rob1965 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TXC 310r
    Other Motorcycles:

Will do!
  12. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    There was a post somewhere on here that zipty was doing some coating to the starter gears. I would be interested to hear if that ever worked out.
  13. Rob1965 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TXC 310r
    Other Motorcycles:

Saw that and that would be ideal for new gears. I am going to mention that to my dealer too.
  14. bfalcao Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Hi! Looking for some advice and expertise on a starting problem I'm facing with my 2011 TE310...

The e-starter seems to be bipolar; sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It seems to be of electric nature, like a bad contact or something, however, I believe it is related with some kind of band sensor.

The battery is good. The valves are good. The starter motor is also good, as it works (sounds) when I press the starter button with the engine idle. Sometimes, after the bike stalls, if I press the starter button it turn on the engine, other times it doesn't do anything (I can't even ear the starter motor).

Can anyone help? If it is a sensor related problem, which one should I be looking for?

Many thanks in advance!
  15. Jimmy250 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Polaris Quad
    Believe me most likely its not a sensor, its most likely the internal starter gears(not the starter itself but the gears in the motor) read the above thread tons of people have had the same exact issue, me being one of them, it drove me nuts!!! till I replaced the gears and so far so good! knock on wood! Let me know if I can be of any assistance! Jim
  16. bfalcao Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Hey Jim! Thanks for your reply. I've read all the forums, this thread included, entirely!, and the "symptoms" seems to be significantly different.. The starter motor is fine (and so the gears, I believe). I'm able to use the e-starter several times, however, it only works if the bike has been running before (like the last minute or soo). Other times, when it doesn't work, hitting the button doesn't actuate on the starter motor, like zero current flowing!. When it spins it works perfectly, but most times it just doesn't spin at all!

I hope you understood...

Bruno
  17. hhdwtmtw He who dies with the most toys wins...

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE300, '11 TE449, '10 TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Royal Enfield Continental GT 650
    Take apart the RHS handlebar switch assembly and clean the starter button switch. The contacts arc and can cause this. Clean the contacts with some contact cleaner.
    Jimmy250 likes this.
  18. Jimmy250 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Polaris Quad
    just noticed the video, I know its been up a while, love the part when you wheelie at like3:40 and most of all when you show the starter button working! Ride on!
    airrider and Seewhy like this.
  19. Jimmy250 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Polaris Quad
    Hmm ok so cold starts are not good? But warm or hot starts are? yes mine was ok cold but hot not so good. But it really was hit and miss, then once I fixed the gears I had to change the starter because it still wouldn't turn the motor over, when I took the starter apart it was toasted! completely burnt inside. I agree with hhdwtmtw check the switch. I originally thought it was my battery so I went and tried like 4 different batteries till I talked to my dealer and they told me all about this issue. They also told that 310's are worse than the 250's but they said that most all of the bikes have the issue . Keep me posted Jim
  20. Mudvayne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310, KTM 300 XCW
    Other Motorcycles:
    Harley, CR500AF, XR650L, Z50, RC-51
    Thanks man I sure like my little 310 plan on lots of videos with that bike this year.. Just started an Instagram account as well this year so lots of cool stuff to come for Video/Photo from me! Thanks again. :) https://www.instagram.com/heddletown/