2011 TE310 a casa

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by robertaccio, Jan 10, 2012.

1. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    Your 310 looks good. Pic 13 in your album looks like a missing stator cover bolt, fyi.
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    thanks man, yea I saw it along with the oil, waiting for parts, screws and new gasket (mentioned to dealer to stock up on x-lite common parts/hardware etc.
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Blake its Timo's SportsMobile and yes it is a really nice rig, fully furnished for camping
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Looks great now drag it up here to play in the woods... it likes that.
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Motosportz shark fins ready yet? Also I like your long coverage skid plate with the under foot peg frame rail guard piece, are they indexed for the 11 updated chassis?
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yes and yes.
  7. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Thanks for the pics, Rob! Much cleaner with your setup. That exhaust flange with the clamp is the same with my OEM stuff. Bugs the hell out of me seeing it that close but no heat damage yet amazingly.
  8. waserman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW KTM Honda
    As seen in picture #29 split a small piece of rubber hose lenthwise and slip it over the positive lead from the battery where it passes through the frame. This may save you the problem with the cable insulation chaffing through and shorting out. The bike is looking great.
  9. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Coming from the aircraft industry just having any wire/cable/bundle even touching the chassis drives me nuts (that pos wire has an overwrap on it). I am still coming to terms with the 2 main runs from the handlebar/controls that are pressed against the frame from my rad guard frames, they both are well wrapped with over covering, but I am keeping my eyes on it. Sometimes I will put a zip tie around a wire or bundle to act as an insulator from chassis or other component. I also put an aerospace prerolled insulation wrap around the wires that come up from the LHS ignition and gear position switch, those had some previous heat damage from the pipe.

this stuff is what I use for anti chafe and reasonable anti heat apps
    http://www.titanelectronics.co/PDF/FM/ROUNDIT 2000 NX.pdf
  10. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    to quote the kids, after 4th ride today......this friggan bike is sick. This package is very tight, the thing rips and just covers any foolishness that I run into. I am riding this bike harder and faster than my 450 with what seems to be 50% less effort, Race Tech Set up has come in better as sag is close to perfect (spring is a little soft but ok for now) forks are fool proof, I am just railing those things over everything with no issues. The motor is just putting down the right kind of power in its current tune. I just need to curb me rambunctiousness to avoid a hard get off in all the exceitement. big smiles over here. may have some trailing rider h cam, but Ive been dusting off the crew on this thing. Need to get the big guns out to put me back into my place (pro and As) before I ego trip old tank arse self into a rock or tree!!!
  11. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Go ahead and slag me , everyone is so hung up on tuning these things mine has the dB-S/A plug out, OEM 2011 TE310 ECU,OEM injector, derestricted race mode, map 1, pump premium (Shell).
    The thing rips, if you ride it like a race bike there are no weird spots to be found. Just ride these things they work great, the harder its ridden the better it works, dont over think it, just ride the crap out of it (oh and change the oil alot).
    ANother of our crew has the 2010 TXC250, OEM ECU, OEM injector, FMF pipe he rides it like a 125cc 2 stroke the thing flat rips. If you casually ride these F1 style engines ....... just ride them hard and use full race maintenance schedules for the motor and chassis you will not be disappointed even with the OEM equipment. This chassis motor combo is the best enduro xc package from Husky in many years and its WEC world champion trophies show that. R

I am so stoked on this thing, none of my crew's bikes come close to this thing, and they are all on late model high end enduro/xc machinery.
  12. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Nothing to slag you on, they love to be wrung out! It's the luggers amongst us that have trouble trying to play in the lower rpm range like it's a 450/510 that have the most trouble with fueling. Gearing down helps for tight conditions. Thanks for your report and looking forward to reading more!
    JasonfromMN likes this.
  13. JasonfromMN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None right now :(
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    I agree. "Tuning" and the new injector for me has squeezed out noticably more power, preventing me from grearing down farther and having to shift more. All wins for me. Love the package thats for sure, it likes to move!
  14. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Just more little stuff. I had an oil leak up on top of the stator cover (even after I replaced a missing screw at the 2 oclock position). It was the ignition wires feed through bushing. Cleaned up the area removed the stator cover added a clean bead of 3 bond 1211 around the bushing, put it back into the cover, installed a new gasket and reset the cover in place, should be perfect now.
    I pulled the header to have clear access for the stator cover area clean up and to inspect the wire bundles that were previously melted a bit from the exhaust. I will install a new wire wrap sleeve over the entire run of wires along with the clutch line for added insulation (bullet proofing).

After pulling the header (a details move) I noted that the flange weld was really very heavy inside the pipe so for details sake, I grabbed the dremel with a barrel sander and blended the weld smooth with the flange and pipe. Why not as long as the pipe was off.

I bought a PC Racing stainless oil filter (have used Scotts brand for years now). By all appearances its a quality made piece but it just does not measure up the same as the OEM paper filter, its taller and the rubber grommet is even taller. This puts the filter tight into the spring washer and the inner wall of the filter receptacle which will block oil flow to the filter screen. The bypass feels about the same in tension so it would never stop the flow but its not going into my bike as it is now. I will get the more expensive Scotts and see how that one measures up.
  15. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    bought cheaper brand soft tie tie downs, did a quick strap down on the trailer (usually I wrap and tie the ends) for quick up the street move and my friggan bike came off the trailer, the ties slip through the clamp......fffed up the rear fender and broke the led rear lite......stupid stupid move...
  16. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
  17. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    follow up. went to Ace is place (hardware. They had that silly tail lite repair tape. The thing doesnt look half bad! One main strip across the middle and 2 follow ons to finish off the top and bottom. Used black electric tape to seal around the edges, aint bad, beats the 95 bucks for a new assy. Hey its only a dirt bike anyway!
    Bagman likes this.
  18. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ive almost got her to my settings/dialed in for me. Just installed the MotoSportz shark fin (nice fit and good logical engineering, very light, have an Alloy full coverage skid plate on the way, will pick up on tuesday. Have a set of Pirelli scorpion pro fim tires in stock and ready for install (that will be the final dial in for me). Oh yea when the bike came off the trailer the throttle tube broke so I will install the MotionPro tube from my 450 until I get a new one.
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yep, great bikes, been riding my buddies TE310 with open exhaust and JD tuner and the thing rips. Only shortcomings for me on these bikes is the to close ratio trans. If it had a taller 5th and 6th this would be a great do it all bike.
  20. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    what skid plate did you go with?