2011 TE310 a casa

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by robertaccio, Jan 10, 2012.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    stock pipe, oem ecu, no o2 sensor, no dB/S/A in muffler, the thing works great. race map 1 on display, moist local dirt from rain showers amazing machine no faults as all.
    rear race sag was very close to spot on @100mm static @35mm, Race Tech valved and harder I slammed it the better it worked, super happy with the set up as is.
    used shell premium fuel. baselined valves all good (300 miles), fresh oil 900cc Castrol 10w50 per manual the same stuff.
    This bike is really really good.
    installed also the evo2 ballistic battery and it works perfectly (4 cell less than a pound) fits amazingly well layed on its side with the terminals facing the starter relay.
    this bike is really really good OK I all ready said that.
    I am going to flip the bars to the forward position and open the cockpit a little, I like the flexxbars they are just fine and not really noticable as anything odd.
    waiting for handguards OEM and Skid Plate oem catalog alloy one as well.
  2. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Nice work on prepping the bike so far, sounds like it can withstand WWIII! I'm curious how your mileage will be on the EFI bike now. The IMS 2.9 seems to be the only option for a larger than stock tank if you need more gas. They are really hit or miss for fit and quality, unfortunately. Or you can do the George method and holster a couple of Clorox jugs to your waist! I bet you find yourself being faster in the tight stuff now; less bike to fight! Also, I'll be watching closely how the CV coolant set up works for you. Definitely a lot cleaner installation than OEM. Thanks for posting your progress for us, Rob.:cheers:
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    as usual I apologize for the lack of fotos, I'll do a sesh this week. (as I have said I am not a foto person)
    Also I need to contact Al Randt at EE, the newer big tank (fromthe smallerTC)11 model 310 has tank to fan interference with the EE predrilled fan mount holes. I simply superimposed the OEM fan frame over the braces and did some minor metal work only drilling and cutting to make it work fine. My prep is always bullet proofing I want full confidence that if I go out into the boonies (mostly Mexico on my mind) she needs to work and not leave me stranded.)
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Motion pro's newest design micro fork bleeders for KYB on the menu.
    http://www.motionpro.com/documents/pdf/ar2239_PR.MicroBleeder.RTL.PDF

Also notes about the crankcase breather/oil recirculation set up. The TE has the crank breather hose routed to the upper frame box to the middle fitting. It uses the upper frame box as an oil catch tank. The lower fitting routes a hose down to the oil drain which uses a combo drain plug/ barb fitting so any blown out oil from the cam cover crankcase breather will simply gravity drain back down to the oil pan (wet sump). There is one more hose from the "oil catch can" upper frame box, this one is at the highest point near the steering head of the box it was the one that plugged into the intake boot to carry the oil vapor into the combustion chamber for the closed loop. This hose is run down to the front of the motor behind the forward down frame just below the exhaust flange and into a K&N type crankcase breather. The intake boot is plugged with an alloy plug completing the entire set up. No more fouled/heated oil vapor air into the intake tract.
  5. Bagman Husqvarna
    A Class

Good news about the crankcase breather hose. Seems well thought out. Thanks for the info!
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    broke down, called the good folks at DeCal Works, for a complate set of pre print team T4 Husky cut graphics with white background number plates and my name across the top of the front plate. Style points only for that mod.
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
  8. JasonfromMN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None right now :(
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    Nice pic's. I just broke my stock skid plate and need a new one. Which one are you getting?
  9. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    ballistic battery installation, 4 cell 135cca, functional checks perfect
    [IMG]
  10. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Man those CV hoses look a lot cleaner than OEM! Lots more clearance from the exhaust it appears. Any chance you could snap more pics of them from both sides, Rob?
  11. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    I ordered and began to install the OEM catalog plate. It does not fit the 2011 TE310 the rear frame brace attachment has interference with the updated under carriage strengthening webbing. May go with EE for alloy or just go with the Hyde poly and drill it for venting and liquid flow out.
  12. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    yea that oem monstosity of hoses with the thermostatic bypass was a spiderweb. I lightly ziptied the center cross hose to the slotted insulator bracket to keep the hose further away from the exhaust outlet flange. kept the OEM cap and filled with ZipTy ZF or whatever that stuff is called. I will shoot more close ups for you ion.
  13. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    also I know there is a screw missing on the ignition cover its on order, with a little oil around the area. I mentioned for the parts guys to stock xtra hardware for the x-lite.
  14. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    Why go with the Ballistic battery instead of the Shorai? Just curious.
  15. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Same rating as oem , smaller size than the others, even lighter than shorai, cheaper than all others from my sponsor shop, fit really well with minimal engineering.
    looks like CV4 has their private label brand on the Ballistic as well.

note installation 3 zips secure the battery to the oem battery tray, 2 others fit through the drain holes in the fender webbing, just a little bit of packing foam to secure the side to side and the thing fits snug and secure. Also had to slightly enlarge the terminal lug holes for the battery screw size match. The moto side wires ran clean to the left side.
  16. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    have u 250/310 owners noticed that the radiator shrouds are more brittle (than my 08 TXC450) ie. ride one I cracked a piece off the RHS, today ride 2 I cracked off a piece of the LHS. (no crashes just from bushes on the side of the trail.)
  17. JasonfromMN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None right now :(
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    Yes, all the plastic is more brittle than the 08's. My 08 has been wrapped around several trees and on the ground- bends no breakage. My 11 250 shatters! Its a down grade on plastic.

The Hyde poly plate will not fit either. I just ordered one for mine(even though I had been told it would not fit) hopping Hyde had worked it out. They said it would fit excellent. It did not. The rear holes did not line up and the sides to cover the engine and water pump presses against them very tightly well before the back end gets even close to where its supposed to be. Also where it covers the wide frame area under the foot peg is very poor, not very snug and would hold lots of mudd. Mine went back and I'll be getting the uptite one. Too bad, my 08's fit like a glove and I really wanted this to work with the 11'
  18. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    too bad about the hyde, i loved it on my 08,
  19. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    rad hoses, note zip tie around hose throught pipe clearing bracket to hold it away from exhaust flange
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    brake snake and hose over oil line, zipty oil cap, sharpie filled gunsight.
    [IMG]
    more rad hose from rhs, hose over oil line, crankcase breather down in there.
    [IMG]
    view looking up and fwd, showing that skid plate (not this oe one) had no holes to line up with.
    [IMG]
    ready for ride #2
    [IMG]
  20. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    Killer bike, but that moto-van really catches my eye... That things looks PERFECT!

[IMG]