2011 TE310 a casa

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by robertaccio, Jan 10, 2012.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    She is in the driveway, a 2011 TE310, with RaceTech Suspension, AME grips, @300 mi on the clock, Dunlop GeoMaxs, Flexxbars and all else basically OEM stock. robertaccio goes x-lite. (finally)
    TXC&KTM likes this.
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    picked up Enduro Engineering radiator guards (heavy), OEM catalog skid plate(heavy, CV4 hose kit(lite).

after research looks like the Motosportz shark fin is my choice, seems the lightest unsprung weight set up. Motosportz, you got a weight measurement?
    Ballistic battery will take off about 3lbs=skid plate
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    She is in work,
    First new learning experience-removed the fuel tank and could see how the L fitting disc is a weak point, but with careful removal the QD came off with no drama. I am going to buy the ZipTy aluminum bullet proof L fitting today (Yes for you FI 250/310 owners ZipTy products had a metal one). I have all ready removed the plastic one.
    Anyone know if those viton(?) looking special color fitting seal o-rings are available somewhere?
    removed the mostrosity of fail points OEM radiator hose assy with the (fail point)thermostat and installed the CV4 TC250 hose set.
    Installed the Enduro Engineering Radiator guards (a little tight on left side in the wire harness run). The left harness is well wrapped in a over cover and tape so I call it will be fine (the tight fit goes against our(my) aircraft wiring allowance parameters).
    The Rad cap is a 1.4 bar cap and I installed ZipTy (Evans) Non-aqueous hi temp coolant, my fave choice.
    I was going to remove the fan assy, but decided to keep it mounted and hooked up (the EE guard made it simple to install to the guard frame.
    The side covers are the same as my 450 so my DeCal works number plates are transferable from the TXC450 (save a couple $) done deal.
    Need to play with the handle bar controls to make space on the Flexxbars for my handguards (also canibalized from the 450)
    installed ZipTy magnetic oil fill plug, EE red rim lock cap nut assy, red anodized(faded) schrader valve caps all from the 450.
    Oh yeaI started her up prior to all this stuff, she runs fine and has no dB S/A cap (will play with that setup) or go with aftermarket exhaust choices maybe. Any eeee peeeee aaaaa folks that might be spying on us...ha I will not mention any FI set up specs in this open forum.

PS I need to snap a shot of the garage it looks super cool with all the girls lined up in echelon formation TE610,TE310,TXC450
    bmah and HUSKYnXJnWI like this.
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Oh yeah will call Mr Race Tech today to find out whats been done and what to with their previous mod set up. I weigh prob 50lb more than the previous owner/husky rep (LR) and despite my solid intermediate level speed I am miles slower him.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    9 oz
    robertaccio likes this.
  6. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    Why install the zipty magnetic drain plug? What's wrong with the stock magnetic drain plug? If the zipty one is red, no one will see it with the skid plate on anyways...

Gratz on the new bike. I think you'll like it.
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    mnb, not the drain plug the fill plug, its a knurled 1/4 drive red anodized bling thing with an embedded magnet, it was bonus gift and actually does pick up minor debris from oil slinging around.
    I like the ZipTy logic that more installed pick-up magnets are better especially in modern 4 stroke oil systems. Thanks just rolling the thing around feels good!!

this thing

http://www.ziptyracing.com/popups/largeview_product.aspx?id=MTc1NQ==
  8. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    ah... FILL plug. Got it. Hadn't considered a magnet on one of those, but now that you mention it, it sounds like a good idea. Can't hurt, either.
  9. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Everyone here should note this 9oz of unsprung weight for a viable shark fin is exceptional, the usual CNC milled assys with the replaceable fin piece weigh in the @ of 3 friggan pounds, thats alot of mass on the suspension to move especially way out on the end of the arm. This is must do mod for me.
    PS I think my Rooster Perf shark fin lasted at least 3 lifetimes of severe thrashing (built by the same folks)
  10. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    Is this one of the Zip-Ty bikes that was for sale? They sure look nice.
  11. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    no I opted out of the very well equipped ZipTy machine, this one I got is basically OEM stock very low mileage one. By the way for 6k those ZipTy bikes are really good and super well equipped I spoke with them about the machines while shopping for the 310
  12. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Congrats on the bike. Keep us posted. You were on a 150 were you not? I tried a couple 4-strokes and just could not adapt well to them for some reason. Good luck and kick some a:censored:
  13. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    I have the zipty magnetic drain plug. I got it because it uses a 1/4" drive rather than an allen (I loose allen sockets and have to search all the time)- but also because the magnet is much stronger than the oem one.
    I also have the Zipty magnetic front axle nut- because it uses a 3/8" drive rather than an allen- It remains flush with the fork leg- I like it. Its magnetic so you can stick it to things and not loose when changing tires (not really a big plus for me but it works).
    ---My pack always has a tool with 1/4" and 3/8" drives- one on my multitool with 1/4" and 3/8" adapter and my rear axle nut tool has a 3/8"- so this is rather convienient for me.

Congrats on the 310 Robertaccio! wring that things neck every chance you get!:thumbsup:
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    He was on a 08 TXC450 i believe. As posted he is downsizing.
  15. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Fletch Ive been on 450s since 04 (TC450,06TE450,08TXC450) (I am 6'1" 215 and dropping!!yea) I wanted the lighter machine as I get older and have been sticking to S/T tech rides, but still want 4T type power/torque while missing 250 2T type flickabilty and technical/extreme type stuff agility.
    This 310 (IMHO) should be the ticket Ive been waiting for as long as we stick to the curvy tight technical stuff and not the more open 1st H&H loop type stuff (except for the last loops which are always very technical).
    The suspension being key should also be very close to perfect as far as enduro type valving from Race Tech ( it was LRs 2011 demo bike), I will set sag and see how it comes in with my excessive weight, its got a 5.8 Eibach/Race Tech rear spring (which is light for my size according to the Race Tech charts), but plush and even a little soft at this point is ok for me.

Nice, I just noticed that it has the ZipTy front axle nut installed and has the TM designs chain guide all ready installed (thanks to LR for those bonus parts).

Last night I put on (after a little short trim for the uppers) my E-Line accesories CF fork covers, I have them over the between triple trees and over the normal lowers (the upper makes a good reg sticker location), have used that set for years and canabalized those from my TXC (save $), they are nice for those stupid rock section tip overs and bangs on the fork legs.
    I also canned my fork skins and washed them for install tonight ( i like these things)

Also I installed the ZipTy under tank fuel pump pressure outlet alloy L fitting after watching the OEM plastic one flex while the QD was released. The ZipTy L is made a little past the 90deg (maybe 100) with a slight downward angle to help with QD access. I also ordered a new plastic L from the parts catalog (its in there as a replacement part!! yea!) because it comes with the 2 special orings installed on it and for future readiness, I want to use the special OEM engineered orings when I need them, its a high pressure fuel line.
    more zip tie engineering to be sure of wiring and hose security and I added a K&N type breather filter to the upper frame closed circuit breather tube that was attached to the intake boot, it sits now on the engine case at the front motor mount and is zip tied to the scavange oil line, the boot bung has all ready been plugged with a nice alloy plug and zip tie clamped in place.

hmm another, thing I did the FAR external oil line bullet proof mod, I split a compatable ID reinforced HP fuel line and zip tied it over the oil line for some added impact protection (rock,stick or cactus) a just in case thing, a prophylactic measure ( I had to get that in!!)

been busy....for good measure will check valve clearance and put fresh oil in. crew is breaking my cajones to ride the thing all ready!!! we will serve no wine before its time
    Tires, it has almost new Dunlop MX51s on it thats a good thing for now.
    fletchman45 likes this.
  16. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    More parts moves from the TXC450,
    Slavens Racing Rear Caliper Cooler Assy
    ZipTy rear brake reservior extender (BRE)
    ZipTy rear brake stopper (BS1)
    all installed onto the TE310
    for note: When I disassembled the 310 banjo at the caliper the bleeder valve was hard to screw out of the banjo bolt, not crazy tight but had resistance. Upon inspection I found that it was either bad part or was overtightened at the OEM or after. The tapered seal end was crushed into the relief orifaces. It sealed fine on the taper surface but the holes were crunched to @ 50% of round. will replace valve screw today, I did file it to a better round but its not perfect of course, the holes are still crunched in.
  17. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Holy cow! Sounds like a serious race weapon!!! Again congrats on your new ride!! And bring it on for the team!!
  18. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Whoops, mixed him up with another guy!
  19. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    most of this stuff was all ready on my bullet proofed 450, that is a good cash savings thing for the compatable stuff! On the 450 I removed the front number plate and put on a new blank one onto it (it has the decal works T4 style with my name graphic) the plate will be held in reserve because I will keep the headlite set up on the 310, Also I just swapped out the lower fork leg plastics to keep my DeCal works T4 graphics for the new bike and put the blank ones onto my for sale 450. My mech will check the valves (with 300 miles on the clock) for a baseline and I am waiting for an SS mesh oil filter for my oil change, I have used Scotts since 04 but will try the cheaper priced Flo brand, but only after a good inspection of the quality.
    With the TE street gear controls on the bar I have no room to install my Acerbis "flag" type handguards (from the 450 too), so I just ordered the OEM catalog ones that attach to the lever bolts
    now that I have been involved with this 310 prep I realize how many add ons I had on the 450 99% was not bling stuff but simple bullet proof mods race and hard trail ride things that have gotten to the finish of every ride and race ive done with 450. OK I got towed once on a tough tecate ride,, because I thought my peanut tank would make 50 miles,,,on that day she made less than 40. IMS tank was always installed for questionable mileage rides after that slagging. The crowd on those rides are a tough bunch of young and old pros and vets of many rides "only husky on the ride and it got towed by a ktm......." "1 husky one dnf" etc etc
  20. Bagman Husqvarna
    A Class

Just out of gas. Nothing wrong with the bike!!! Don't sweat it. Not a Husky related thing. I just gave a fellow CRF450 rider a gallon of gas on last weekends ride & he had an aftermarket tank!!! Never did think that his bike was inferior.