1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2011 TE250 Low Fuel Light Stays On

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Bruce A, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Bruce A Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 250
    I bought a 2011 TE250. Great bike but I have been having an issue with the low fuel light staying on. Initially it would only happen some times but now it is on all the time full tank or low fuel. Any one have a similar issue? Any ideas what could cause this and how it can be fixed.

Thanks

Bruce
  2. shanes_husky Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te250 2012
    Did you get to the bottom of this, I have the same issue on my te250r 2013.
  3. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    On the '13 it's probably a failed float sensor on the petcock. You can test it for resistance w/micrometer. Simply powers the idiot light when shorted/failed/or low, or not when full. Mine went bad within 8 months or so. $45 part. On the older bike check the service or parts manual for location of your sensor as it may be on the fuel pump. Some have dug into the wiring harness on left side of the steerer tube for aa buried resistor I believe but usually it's the float sensors that flake out.

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/fuel-light-always-on.45295/#post-443158
  4. hgearle Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE250
    Clean the connector that goes from the fuel tank....the low level fuel level connector. That is what has been causing the light to illuminate on my 2012 TE250.
  5. shanes_husky Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te250 2012
    HI, i took out the connector to eliminate any reason to suggest the plug was at fault, it was clogged etc. un surprisingly its still the same and is permanently on. even if you were to diconnect the sensor the light is always on regardless.
  6. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    You probably have a short where that wire in the harness got pinched. Disconnected the light should be off.
  7. AndrewS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350s 2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TE250 (sold)