1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Fuel RESERVE LED FAIL

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Lang Andras, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Lang Andras Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM SXF 450
    Hey! I have an TE 450 (2009) and my `fuel reserve` led is always on, on my bord. I checked the wirings-seems to be ok, fuel pump working fine. Anyone with helpfull ideas? Thanks a lot.
    A.
  2. duggoey Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 690, Yamaha WR200, FGS650(800cc)
    The fuel reserve light often fails, but not in the same way yours is. Our fuel pumps were known to have the low fuel sensor wire snap in the fuel pump itself. Maybe yours is shorting out?

Its pretty easy to get to the fuel pump to have a look. Empty and remove the fuel tank, flip it over and then it is only a matter of 6 or so bolts and a viton/rubber seal. Just be careful of not ripping anything out when you take the pump out, stuff hits the sides of the tank when you take it out.

Also beware of spinning the bolts in the inserts when refitting the pump and seal.
  3. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    Yah my orange wire came off on my 08 TE450 and would never give me the low fuel light. Funny things happen on these at times so do as duggeoy pointed out and remove the pump to check out that end.
  4. Tessier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 990 Adventure
    Mine on my 2011 TE310 isn't reliable but it always seams to fail in the low setting which has caused me to run out of gas on a 480 mile trail ride. Haven't dug into it so can't really be much help but it does sound like you have a short somewhere.
  5. Lang Andras Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM SXF 450
    Today I remove my pump but i didnt find anything.....i tried with a brand new pump....the led is still On...i got angry...:)....then i put a black adhesive tape from inside on that fck. led.......but this is not an ideal solution......
  6. Tessier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 990 Adventure
    post some pictures if you can. I would think if you replaced the pump then it's either the cable of the computer. The cable should be easy to trouble shoot because it's only looking for continuity. The computer is gonna be a little more difficult unless you have a friend with one you can swap out and try. Either way I would be looking into a trail tech or something else if it's the computer the stock one isn't very useful.
  7. AndrewS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350s 2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TE250 (sold)

Attached Files:

8. Lang Andras Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM SXF 450
    thx AndrewS ....i will verify the resistor tomorow.
  9. AndrewS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350s 2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TE250 (sold)
    No problem. Just make sure you do as mototomer suggests and first check that the light stays on when your fuel pump is unplugged. It'll save you having to cut open your harness.
  10. Caiman Senior Vice Procrastinator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM SM500R
    Fuel light has never worked on my 511, I don't give it much thought anymore and just go off the trip meter, unless the dash resets after a stall :thinking:
  11. Lang Andras Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM SXF 450
    finally i found it: like you said AndrewS, the resistor leg was broken. Thx again AndrewS.
    PS. (it was an 11 ohm resistor)
  12. AndrewS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350s 2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TE250 (sold)
    You're welcome! Glad you found it. Pretty annoying place to have it.

Unless yours is different, it should actually be a 110 ohm. Brown-Brown-Brown.