1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

1979/80 CR390 Works Hybrid Project - Passion Inspiration Action

Discussion in 'Vintage Restoration Projects' started by HuskyT, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Moody390 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Good Stuff.

I wish I knew there was a hub available with DLS before i got mine laced up.
  2. HuskyT Moderator

Thanks Moody... here are the part numbers you need....

Scotts Performance Lower Fat Bar mounts:

[IMG]

[IMG]

Steve/Eric said he can get these for you and ship to OZ!

T
  3. schimmelaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet man! That will be a cool look all mounted up with the wheel, tire and that brake combo of yours. Speaking of which - when?
  4. Leftcoast leftkicker Husqvarna
    AA Class

You guys with your clean, sano bikes. What's up with that?!
  5. HuskyT Moderator

It will only look like this once ever.... after the maiden voyage to Glen Helen, she will look just like all the others...

T
  6. HuskyT Moderator

Something different than anything else.

I'm about three weeks out from where I need to be with the rest of the fork components. Matt Wiley @ Race Tech is taking very good care of me.... Will be nice to be able to roll it around the garage finally!

T
  7. flamepainter78 Husqvarna
    AA Class

hi, let us know the stock # on the gold valve emulators and adaptors went you get them. i have a set of 40mm forks i want to do. thanks doug.
  8. HuskyT Moderator

Will do!:thumbsup:

T
  9. HuskyT Moderator

Fork Drain Screws and Bottom external Damper Bolt Washers

Continuing with my 83 CR 500 Fork rebuild, I had the drain screws and the bottom damper mount bolt washers reconditioned and restored.

Trying something different here with a corrosion resistant Black Nickel Plate courtesy of Surface Finish Technologies in Corona, California (note that very few Plating companies can offer Black Nickel) :

[IMG]

Will add in new 316 sst bolts as well.

T
  10. IMvintage Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1981 WR 430
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 KTM 350 XC-F 2002 Gas GasEC300
    Hybrid 390 project

The suspense is killing me! I want more!:notworthy:
  11. HuskyT Moderator

One brick at a time... however slow that may be..... I have been riding MX Tracks a lot lately with my 6 year old.... having fun!!!

[IMG]

Still working on finalizing the front forks through Race Tech plus I'm doing some custom work on them as well...

And I also built a custom BMX for my son over the last two months:
    [IMG]

More updates coming soon.

T
  12. IMvintage Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1981 WR 430
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 KTM 350 XC-F 2002 Gas GasEC300
    Works Hybrid CR390 Project

Please when you get the front end complete give us all the sordid details.:thumbsup: I'm sure several of us will benefit from your experience. Still waiting for Doctor's Ok after ACL reconstruction, so no riding yet, maybe next month?

Attached Files:

13. firecrackerkid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    78 390 OR, 84 250WR, 83 175WR
    I too am following this thread closely. Thanks to Peter D. I have a set of WR forks for my 390. I love the clean look! I have been thinking about what to do and that is definitely it. I probably won't go with the emulators, just new springs and seals. It has been over 30 yrs. since I have had a set apart so I really appreciate the pictures!
  14. flamepainter78 Husqvarna
    AA Class

emulators

Hi,Did you get your gold valve emulators work out for the 40mm forks? Thanks Doug.
  15. HuskyT Moderator

Sorry Guys but I have been having fun track riding my '05 TC450 haven't looked at this in a while...!:thumbsup:

Have not set up the forks yet...
  16. Husq.fleet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Did you have the fork tubes vibratory polished? Looks awesome. Scott
  17. HuskyT Moderator

Media blast to a fine finish. Air Die grinder with buffs with polishing compound... boatload of time. Lot of work...

Seems like I never have anytime left in the day to work on this. Already have started up with little league practices for winterball... and now Logan wants me to sign up for CubScouts!!!

How do you guys do it???
  18. Husq.fleet Husqvarna
    AA Class

We don't!!! I have a self-policy, one hour a day on projects. May happen at lunch, early or the norm-late. My daughter is ten and very active and I'm the "activity director". My wife had cancer when she was born so we had alot of early bonding. I would imagine Logan soon will want to hang out with his neighborhood buddies and that will free up some shop time. Or it may fill your shop with his buddies wanting you to do a makeover on their bicycles! I learned to just function on less sleep... I know this was no help whatsoever. Thanks for the fork tube info, heh, in your spare time, want to do mine? Couldn't resist, Scott
  19. HuskyT Moderator

Tanks a lot!

It has been an ordeal to get this tank to fruition ( just ask Flying Trash Can) ... but ultimately a buddy of mine waaay wwaaaay up at West Coast Customs hooked me up after a lengthy and somewhat tenuous 13 months...

It took me 2 years to find this tank... bought it off of eBay from a guy in Minnesota in early 2007... looking like this:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I'm going for an altogether different look focusing on a Bare and Natural Metal concept ..........Now after the West Coast Customs hookup.... and I love the reflection in this shot:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

And yes that is my neighbors house from over two hundred feet away reflecting in the side panel.........
    [IMG]

To those of you that have recently helped me looking for an alternate tank I say thanks.... this one was worth the wait!!! Next up a very unique gas cap!!!

T
  20. Husq.fleet Husqvarna
    AA Class

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!:thumbsup: