1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC 17 TE 150

Discussion in '2st' started by dartyppyt, Sep 1, 2016.

1. raylesk Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 tc 250
    2nd starter went bad today...im not a happy camper
  2. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250

Are you kidden? What are them a pop?

I have to get a new battery because mine is getting weaker.
  3. raylesk Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 tc 250
    Not sure how much my dealer just called back and said he would warranty it
  4. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Oh boy! Thanks for heads up. Wonder if it's a shimming issue like on cars, then the bendix gets stuck?

Keep us posted?
  5. raylesk Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 tc 250
    I took it apart and brushes were stuck in retainer and one of the windings was burnt. before i put the new one in I am taking it apart and modifying it and also will inspect bendix etc to make sure there isn't a problem causing it. The brushes are way too tight in the retainer so I filed them down and put it back together and it works but has a dead spot if it stops where winding is burnt.
  6. raylesk Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 tc 250
    starter is $107 at munn racing
  7. MxFan69 Get it' Get it' Get it'

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 KTM 1190, 2009 300xc FOR SALE
    Wow, as always with KTM to; 95 % genius, 5% WTF
  8. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Damn Ray that sucks. I sure hope yours is a one off issue. I hit my button about once a day just to remind myself there is something to be patient for. Starts within a half revolution every time. One buddy asked me if there was any way I could hit the button and release it before it started.

Darin, I replaced my stock battery with a shorai after my first series of rides last fall. Nothing wrong with the stocker just wanted a bit more reserve and the stocker will last a long time stored and topped up every 6 months or so.
  9. raylesk Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 tc 250
    probably is because i seem to be the only 150 having issues, i need to investigate before using the new starter. Wiring is good so I will do a load test on the battery and check out the setup under the stator cover. Bike is super easy to kick but I have a bad right hip so its painful for me…I need electric start or a new hip :)
    wallybean and Norman Foley like this.
  10. PForceJarvis Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE150

My starter died too! Windings were all burnt with no signs of water damage or any obvious issues. A few guys at the track (300's and 250 guys) said the factory lithium battery has a higher standing voltage than a regular gel or acid battery. After their 2nd starter they replaced the battery with a regular one and never had problems since. I tested my battery and it was at 13.4 volts versus my buddies cheapy bike master one at 12.5 volts. Maybe our starters can't handle the higher voltage? Any thoughts on this?
  11. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Walt, let me know what battery number you are using.

I have to kick mine over now for first fire. Then it's fine till next morning.
  12. Notdoneyet Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 150 2017
    Other Motorcycles:
    2006 DRZ 400, 81 HDFXS
    You are not alone. My TE 150 starter was replaced under warranty after less than 2 hours. The mechanic said there were burned wires when he changed it out but I didn't get to see it. Snow where I ride here and I haven't had a chance to ride it since it was changed out. I hope I'm not going down the same path....... Following to see if you find anything.
  13. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    You both prob got the starter bikes!

Ours didn't come with training wheels, throttle stop nut, washer in the pipe,etc.....

Just meffin wif ya guys!

That's not good! I'm wondering if bendix got stuck, then starter motor runs off the flywheel and burns up?

Also, just an FYI. When I took my engine apart. When I pulled the stator cover. The ring gear is lubed with white lithium grease. Mine was all yucky from water in there. There is a drip/breather tube under starter. Watch hitting that with pressure washer. I'm prob going to pull that cover 2x year to clean and regrease.
    hakkalugi and Notdoneyet like this.
  14. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Really anytime you submerge a starter motor (or any electric motor) you should disassemble it and clean and lube it, otherwise in about 6 months it will fail. I've seen it happen on trucks, tractors, cars ect after they were in floods or driven through high water. 6 months I tell you!!! :oldman: ha ha
  15. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 tx300i and a few vintage bikes
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    Not sure about the the 17s but on my 15 300 I have never had an issue one with the starter and it's seen more than it's share of water. Over 120 hours on the stock battery. I have only had the starter apart twice for cleaning and light grease. I don't ever cold start with the button though. I thought I heard somewhere that the 15s had problems too but mine is problem free. Bummer you guys have to deal with this. Best of luck with it and hope it gets sorted!
  16. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Walt!

How is the shoulder coming?
  17. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Two weeks and still sore as hell. Will have a check up in two weeks and maybe allowed some movement then.
  18. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    You dislocate wally? I popped mine out about 6-7 months ago & im still not right. Was supposed to go for an MRI but no one ever called me back to tell me when...

As for the starter: I usually kick the first time till shes warm after that electric start all day. I have near 300 miles on the bike & no starter or battery problems. I did pull my bat and store it in my room over the winter because it gets pretty fridged around here in the winter. Have been putting my bike through many stream crossings maybe you guys just got lemons?
    dartyppyt likes this.
  19. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Friend off mine had same thing done. Bet that is sore as heck! Prob hard to get any sleep?

Yeah, they gonna make you move it soon. Should be a huge pay of when it's all done.
  20. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

My shoulder just wore out. It was more of an AC joint issue as the bone and cuff weren't bad. Ligaments and muscle tears all around the AC joint. Joint was completely unstable. This is unfortunately a golf related injury. Comes from hitting millions of balls between the ages of 18 and 30. The left shoulder takes all the strain in my swing both going back, at the top and pulling down.

Sleep is tough. Maybe next month.
    Norman Foley and hakkalugi like this.