1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC 17 TE 150

Discussion in '2st' started by dartyppyt, Sep 1, 2016.

1. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    On way home.

Re arranged some fenders.

Attached Files:

manu, AndrewS, wallybean and 3 others like this.
  2. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    There are going to be so many jealous people on here (myself included) lol

Congrats and do a full write up asap! :)
    AndrewS likes this.
  3. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 tx300i and a few vintage bikes
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    Incredible bike man. Best of of luck with. I'm sure it's going to be a sweet ride. I am definitely a little jealous.
  4. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    I'll keep you posted as it breaks in.

Happiness is a Husky in the rear view mirror!

Attached Files:

manu, LandofMotards and reveille like this.
  5. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    FVOR this weekend?
  6. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    THE BIKE IS AWESOME! I FRICKIN LOVE IT!

The bike loves to wheelie to no end!

I kept crossing my fingers that I hit a home run. They did with this baby!

Sorry! I don't like the handguards and front fender so 14 handguards on the way and already got 14 fender and number plate on.

If you are on the fence? You better grab one fast cause there is only so many!

Attached Files:

7. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 tx300i and a few vintage bikes
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    That really made it easier for all of us. It's only been a few hours and we have a ride report. It must be good.
  8. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Not sure yet. Been traveling last month and I have a lot of work around around farmette to catch up on.

Plus, want to break in good and get jetting dialed with my old TMXX carb.
    reveille likes this.
  9. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Dirk and i are most likely meeting some guys out at the forest city riders club and if that falls through I'll take my son to FVOR. One way or another, I'm riding. Enjoy the new wheels:)
  10. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Well here is my two cents thus far:

I had a nice 09 WR125 that I bought new and hated my first impression of the bike. I almost sold it.
    It bogged, and the front end was super harsh with the 50 marzocchi's.
    As time went on, I dumped a lot of money in it and countless hours. I revalved the front forks, 144'd it and figured out the TMXX carb. Gees, I bought every carb and fooled with them. So finally, went back to TMXX and figured it out.
    As time went by, I tried several pipes (Dyno Port was best), I ported it on my own and figured out TMXX performance mods. Also thanx to members on here, I bolted the CR ignition on it. It would pass the later stock 150's like they were sitting still.

I still hated the front forks. No matter what I tried or valves I used. I got close but no cigar. Those forks sent my on my shoulder all the time!

Then the Txc 310r came out as the new Red Head and I pulled the trigger. One, had the famous KYB's on it, electric start and I liked the engine. After the KYB boinkers were professionally done. It was my favorite Husky that I ever owned. Was a hard decision to give up but I did.

So, through this whole KTM/BMW/Husky/Husaberg transition, I patiently waited.

I also, saw where all the prices were heading. I just sat back and watched progress as it unfolded!

My honest thoughts were, price and amount of $$$$ had to throw at it to get suspension dialed.

My son and I talked about getting rid of our Red Heads. He went for the 16 FC 250 with the softer 4CS's on it. I have been riding the crap out of his bike and love it. This two fitty will pass my 310 on the right map. To me, think it still is lil stiff up front but he likes it. Also, his forks are not broken in yet. Me! I had my eye on the new 150, with Explorer forks.

So here are my thoughts, plus I'm type of person that just says things the way they are. You may not like what I say but, it is what it is.

The 2017 TE 150:

One, I did not like the price tag! My thinking was? Here we go with big price tag and all this money being dumped into the suspension and some add ons. Pretty easy to have a $10 K bike.

Two: I do like Son's roominess of new frame and ergo's.

Three: There are no reviews out there, except 125's or bolt on kits. My thoughts are???? Awwww, maybe I should wait?

Well along came a spider and said, pull the trigger and rider!

Four: The new explorer forks are plush! I think they are as good as the KYB's. Might be too plush for me. Right now I'm thinking, correct spring for my weight and maybe thicker fork oil and maybe increased oil height? Time will tell but I don't think it needs revalved at all. I am Impressed! Front and Rear! Like the preload adjuster and all the clickers work! Now with preload adjusted. Wondering if I need springs?

Map Switch: It Works! Wild or Simply mild! Like a Fruit of the Looms switch. Makes you think you might need some new undies if you not careful! Here is a funny! I was in hurry yesterday and just wanted to get home. Been driving all day. First impression was Ahhhhhhhh! Then noticed the map switch was on one! So clicked on two and thought????? Weeeeeeee! Like on a down hill log water ride!

Tires: Not bad, so I will race rest year on them!

Engine: Likes to be revved and feels like it has a hit or flat spot down low.... But I will tune that out and adjust power valve, with included yellow spring. Looks like 150 only has two recommended springs. Yellow is the aggressive one. The TMXX carb uses step needles and my thinking? That's adding to the hit in power band.... I will get this bike to pull down low like a tractor and rev out to the moon. The engine is awesome! Bike has some great ass to it and likes to wheelie !! I pretty sure my old modded TMXX is gonna be the ticket. 36mm pull and rev out to like a 40mm'er!
    So, I'm thinking, Carb needle, jetting and maybe pipe and silencer! The rest will be better spent in the Gym!

I do have some front end twitch but I've not set my rear sag, fork height yet and so on and so forth.....that's pretty easy to eliminate.

So what do I really think? Well, it's kinda like dating all kinds of girls. Some are pretty until they speak! Some are pretty and rough! Some are just down right rough! These are the ones that never get to meet your parents!

Now this new gal? She is beautiful, got a killer body, feels right, great personality and going to take care of you! This is the one you take home to your parents to show off and marry right away, before she gets away!

I am impressed and bike is awesome out of the crate! If they keep producing bikes like this! I have no problem coughing up the extra $$$$. Bike feels like I could race a 2hr Harescramble and have no problem racing another hour. It's light, flickable, carves like butter! It may smoke a lil bit but it moves out!

Bike feels roomy like an 08 250, but turns like the newer 09+ frames of X lites.

Negatives

Had to get used to shifting easily. To much toe and it doesn't shift. You just need lil effort to shift!

Back brake lever feels funky but I'm sure it needs adjusting height/length or getting use to!

Keep ya posted as things progress!
  11. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Awesome, thanks for the write up!
    dartyppyt likes this.
  12. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Nice writeup. Always good to see info on new bikes.
    dartyppyt likes this.
  13. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

So you like everything better on Te150 than you 09wr144. I am thinking about replacing my 2013 wr165 with this bike or ktm 200 xc-w or beta 250rr. My wr165 has been a great bike for racing single track. I should add that I liked the way my 2013 wr125 ran stock jetting was good and handling great. Suspension was good for off road just little soft. After Wb165 mod and suspension and springs mods bike has been really good.
    dartyppyt likes this.
  14. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes, I am impressed!

Good off the shelf bike.

Plug looks good so far and nice brown color.

Rode it more tonight. Almost 100% sure, it would blow my 310 R away on top.

Gonna have to drag son's FC 250 cause it feels close.
  15. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ok, we got the bike to wake up on the bottom and got rid of that lil flat spot. Yellow power valve spring. I set the initial at 13mm before push in tension. If you go get 3/16 bar stock and bend like Allen wrench, works good.

I made 4 punch marks and mark on brass adjuster. Best setting thus far is only 1/4 to half turn.

So far jetting is spot on.

Carb uses carbon copy yamaha Yz 125 internals. Needles and stuff.
  16. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    As soon as this gets broken in good then my old modded TMXX goes on.

It will pull low like 36 and rev out like a 40 mm carb.

Bike uses a BR9 ECMVX plug and no one has any, I can get to test with this carb,to do plug readings.

Attached Files:

17. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    So got my old modded TMXX on.

Bike sounds awesome! That factory sound exiting the exhaust.

Bike is now at a whole new level.

Bottom end is awesome and even faster up top!

Now just have to watch the jetting.

Guessing? Might be additional gain of up to 1-2 more ponies.
    wallybean and 454x like this.
  18. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    So here are the results:

Before carb swap the new FC 250 pulls mine in a drag on top end. His also has FMF silencer that opened his up more.

After carb swap we hang dead even.

He can get me some on the start with his launch control.

So I'm happy as heck.

Amazing bike!

So far the suspension is working great! Probably need to go up on springs front and rear.

But I like mine lil plusher.

I set rear sag at 105mm and front at second line and front is pretty stable and bites good.
    John Bunker, woodsrider and wallybean like this.
  19. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Sounds mint!
  20. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanx guys!

Bike was well worth the wait.

I was lil worried about shifting the bike. Seems like I couldn't get it to shift on the gas.

It is getting better the more it gets broken in. Also, bleed the clutch if you have a hard time finding neutral.

The throttle cable is long enough to reach in and pull the slide out and exit the slide out on shifter side, for needle clip moves. Oh, ditch the hex bolts and get allens. You can reach in with Allen wrench easy to tighten or loosen bolts. The carb will rotate as well for main jet swaps. Carb is in there tight. So for carb removal, pop your side plates, seat, silencer bolts, then two lower subframe bolts. Just swing rear sub frame up and carb pops right out.

Also, always jet the carb first best you can. Then adjust powervalve. They seem to work hand in hand. It has fooled me a couple times thinking, that I needed to move the needle clip. Then took bike out and lost performance. Put needle back in original spot, then moved power valve just 1/8 of turn out or in. That fixed it. If powervalve is slightly off, makes bike feel like there is a slight transition between pilot jet and main.

The bike comes with Dunlop AT 81 tires. Front feels decent and back tire, has knobs rounding off at two hours on bike. Seems like rear tire is struggling to hook up.

Gearing seems pretty good so far. Maybe go up one-two teeth on rear for goat mountain stuff.