1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC 17 TE 150

Discussion in '2st' started by dartyppyt, Sep 1, 2016.

1. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    You already know what my reeds ending up looking like...
    I'd order V-Force for my 2015 but from threads I've read, it seems they aren't any better than the KTM assembly. I'm watching the new V-Force 4 design for the 2017 models and hoping they improve the standards.
  2. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    makes me wanna pop mine out while my bike is tore down for some winter cleaning & see if theyre warped.

darty I got a buck today & it was last day. Tomorrow I plan on boxing your carb up & ill get it back to you this week!
  3. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Sure no problem. Congrats on the buck!
    Norman Foley and hakkalugi like this.
  4. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
  5. oldbikedude Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1988 wr 430 with cr suspension
    Other Motorcycles:
    66flh,67 CA77,76 CR125M,73H1,74ty250
    you can't fool us with those fake glasses
  6. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thought you guys needed a laugh! Looks like face with tongue stickin out.

This bike is really messin with me.

Too much anodizing and looks like crap! Example is blue foot pegs and blue hubs......

Too much yellow and looks like crap!

Too much blue and looks like crap!

Beed blasted my rear sprocket and just spray bombed it anodized blue and it is too much.
    So, it looks good in silver or black.

I've spray tested the ignition and clutch covers, and think got those nailed.

Still waiting on front rim and might be lost?

Well guess it be unicycle and doesn't matter any way, cause it wheelies every where.

You have no idea of parts bought and returned.

Think I got it and should come out bad looking!

This is build, you kinda have to do, trial and error.
    oldbikedude and wallybean like this.
  7. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Thought this may be of interest - this guy did some work on '17 125 top ends
    - head and port work
    They are on Facebook
    14289899_1168048289929137_1349292918479278210_o.jpg
    dartyppyt and BILLF like this.
  8. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Here is a picture of the new RK Tec head insert compared to the stock head. RK Tek head.png
    Very cool and has much better(aggressive) tolerances compared to the stocker. Stock static compression at 4000' was 140#'s. I won't get it installed until Wednesday at the earliest with my schedule. I had him set it up for 4K-12K elevation and 97 octane mixed leaded/pump premium gas. So I will try it and give impressions/evaluations. I will be using the stocker first and swap and run the RK Tec after. Swapping heads is quick and easy so will have pretty quick back to back impressions.

I have my own theories as to the design of the cut and it makes sense to me from a purely Thermodynamic perspective. It also makes sense from a fuel/air separation when exposed to a strictly laminar flow. I can't wait to try it. The back of the head is also channeled for better heat transfer too.
  9. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Walt!

Nice work! Looks great!

Do you know what they might do for 0- 1,000 elevations, down the road?

I also don't want to kill bunch of my top end off. Just lil more grunt below.

My plan was to have you help set my squish, originally to run VP T2 105 octane 40:1.

Looks like RK Tech is more towards a Hemi Head but kinda two stage.

Attached Files:

10. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Talking about reeds.

Do you know that my 09 144 ran heck of a lot better on the VForce twos than the 3s.

I had two sets I used to switch out. One set I had the tension plates set on High and one set for Low.

Depends what track I was racing.

I still have one of the sets and I immediately tried to see if they would match up, but no cigar.

Attached Files:

11. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

This is a first attempt at the head. We are trying for better combustion everywhere and not hurt the top, which will give you the bit more on the bottom/mid. If it hurts the top much they will try again. As you know the top is amazing so we don't want to limit that. The % of squish area is high on this head which might limit its efficiency at high rpm but I don't have a feel for how it will work with their cutting design. I really like that RK Tek wants to get it right and this is just a first attempt.

RK Tek will make the head specific to your demands and fuel. So what they design for me will probably be different from what they would design for you. This is a brand new motor so it will be a learning curve as always to find what specifically works for this motor. As the dyno charts that Rockdancer posted show, doing some work with the head design can give you nice gains and their work is with the 125.
  12. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

You aren't the first one to comment on the feeling that the V-Force two's ran better than the three's.
  13. dgargiulo21 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 Husky WR125
    These posts are driving me crazy, I'll be picking mine up this Febuary 16 th and will try to make it work with out all these mods . My current 16 200 xcw only need minor jetting in which the manual provided and the bike runs perfect and my 14 xc150 also ran great . I'm 168 in the raw so hopefully the springs work out for my swimmers figure. My bike defore the KTM's were a 09 WR 165. Look forward to all the great advise , good to see everyone again.
    Norman Foley likes this.
  14. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Welcome back! Congrats on the bike!
  15. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Norm!

Drew the man!

These gonna look sharp on upper fork tubes!

Attached Files:

raylesk likes this.
  16. raylesk Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 tc 250
    He is! Lucky for me i live close:)
    dartyppyt likes this.
  17. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    More from TSP

The KTM 125 engine is very strong and responds very well to some sensible mods. The overall cylinder design is good but there a lots of casting issues that can be cleaned up to improve power everywhere. Also, careful powervalve setup is critical to getting the most from this engine. The EXC model shares the same basic engine but with a softer ignition curve and smaller 36mm carb. For this model we suggest fitting an SX CDI and oval boring the carb to give better top end. Basic mods to this engine plus one of our own custom pipes will see 41rwhp with no loss of bottom end power.

http://twostrokeperformance.com.au/ktm-2/
    wallybean and dartyppyt like this.
  18. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    RD, Makes sense what they are doing to increase the numbers.

Walt, be curious for you to try the blue powervalve spring like Norm suggested and also get a red spring.

I can dig that red part number up if you need it?
  19. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    So here is kinda where I'm at with mine.

I am gridlocked with the engine sitting in the new yellow frame but I have an idea to try over Christmas vacation.

I'm am planning to try something new that's out of the box. Either gonna love it or hate it. But from there I can then pick my skid plate/color and my limited blue anodized parts.

Still waiting on my front rim to show up but I think I like the yellow fork protectors than white. I even tried blue and they clash.

But on other end, the blue mud flap looks better than the yellow one.

I put my old front fender on and also I am using a 14 shroud to get my colors dialed on the top side and to help with designing graphics, seat, colors, etc.... I polished my black handlebars as well, which make my black triples pop.

Ignore the clutch cover cause I don't like the quick spray bombed silver and yellow.

Then this will prob be my racing gear.

Gonna save my existing Husqvarna gear for special stuff.

Plus I got this enduro jacket last spring.

So this gives you an idea where things are moving!

Attached Files:

oldbikedude and wallybean like this.
  20. raylesk Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 tc 250
    Sure hope no front end collisions lol! 20161008_121819.jpg
    oldbikedude likes this.