1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC 17 TE 150

Discussion in '2st' started by dartyppyt, Sep 1, 2016.

1. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    This is nother gear color choice.

Attached Files:

rockdancer likes this.
  2. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yeah! That would be terrible! When last time you put front brake pads on?

Ha!
  3. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    This clutch cover spray bomb mock up is iffy too!

Attached Files:

4. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    There's an importer here now, we can all look like jarvis lol
  5. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:

See, pretty sure Evan's 16 FC 250, stock was 45hp. But he has done stuff to his to increase his numbers.
    I'm thinking his is 46-47 Hp.

So last race, bud of mine in second turn, off the start, took inside line and I took the outside cause center was all sandy deep ruts.
    This was full blown hold it wide open to the woods down long straight.
    He is running an 09 Wr 250. We stayed together the whole way down the straight and I passed him at last bit before going into woods. I did some research this am and found couple ratings of the Wr 250 around 45 hp.

So, now wonder if mine is in the 45-46 hp ish numbers? Because mine hangs with Evans FC 250 but my 150 is lil lighter.
    I know my friend told me he was impressed with how my bike was running and couple KTM 150 guys commented that theirs sure didn't sound like my bike.

Walt? Your thoughts?
  6. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Here something goofy that happened to mine before last race?

I am religous at watching temps with mine.

So I always look at what the temp is going to be outside when I leave the starting line. Say on a Sunday at 10 am.

So the day before (Saturday) I run mine at the same temp and if need be, I move the air screw 1/8-1/16th turn so it's crisp.

Last race after my bike got up to temps, I ran it to make sure it was crisp. My bike crackled lil bit when crack throttle. I almost reached down was going to move my air screw. All of sudden the lil crackle went away?
    Thought crossed my mind about the reeds? Was almost like they were not seating till bike got hot?
    Now that my reeds are warped with them cold in their reed block? Think that's what happened. But after that it ran like a charm.
  7. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Some fun things to think about if you're wanting to drag race your dirt bike.

Horsepower is a time/distance/weight comparison and since the 150 is about 30 lbs less than a WR250 it could possibly out accelerate and out brake the the WR but once moving at speed it boils down to power and gearing at peak rpm and maybe a little wind resistance/drag. With a speedometer on my 09 WR250 It would do 80-85 mph depending on tire and gearing. If I geared it 13:48 it wouldn't rev as high because it couldn't pull the 48 rear sprocket, the 50 rear sprocket would rev higher and go the same speed as the 48 and then nose over at high rpm. The best set up was a MT43 trials tire at 6 psi Tubliss, and 13:50 gearing. That set up hit the 85mph mark and would accelerate better with the low gearing and then the tire would grow like a drag slick and act like a 48 or 49 rear sprocket. I had to add a link to the chain and move the wheel almost all the way to the back of the swingarm or the MT43 would eat the plastic mud guard.
  8. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I have all the different colors of springs. Just don't have the place to try them right now. I will do that as soon as I get a weather break. I would be really interested to see what the difference is between the 125 and 150 on the same dyno with all these springs and minor engine mods. It is what I had planned on doing but it all fell through with life getting in the way and the dyno unavailable. With the bike stock except for a good running Lectron conversion, I did a 6th gear roll on run against my buddy on his TE250. Both 17's. Started at about 55 mph, I shut mine down at 75 when it quit pulling hard and he couldn't catch me throughout as I had a couple of bike lengths jump on him. This was at the end of a 60 mile rocky single track loop outside Green River, Utah on my first real ride.

I am hoping that cleaning up the exhaust and perfectly matching all case/gasket alignments will help the head mod to build a power band similar to the twostrokeperformance 125 but with equal gains over the entire band as well as the mid to top that the 125 exhibits. My guess is that is what I will see and if anything the gains will be less on top than bottom/mid. I just don't want to lose top. I will use the different springs and adjustments to build the flattest curve possible. I want linear rather than explosive hit, but that is just my preference. That is a lot to ask from a 144 but this motor is so good it delivers in spades.
    dartyppyt likes this.
  9. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Walt, I'm with you on that!

Did you read that they used the SX ignition? Ha! Here we go again!

Ah, I'm happy with the TE ignition.

Yeah, I'll take a titch more bottom up through mid but want to keep the top end as much as possible.

Question? Why are all of us old farts tinkering?

Shouldn't it be the other way around?
  10. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I don't know about the ignition change. When riding the bike, I at no time was hoping for quicker spool up. I think you would really need to ride them back to back to notice the difference at all. But it is still early in the romance.
    dartyppyt likes this.
  11. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Notaunicycle no more!

Finish this up and get tire on this weekend!

That blue is really bright in pics but not in person!

Attached Files:

eddychecker, wallybean and hakkalugi like this.
  12. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    I guess I put it up to let you know there are other guys that may have done some testing already

I know they prefer to use their own heads but they would.

A lot of guys notice the difference between the EXC and SX CDI power wise on the 250/300s .

If anything it may be wroth putting a weight on flywheel to give more traction ?

There is a dip on the dyno chart -on the 125 - I guess that would be reduced on the 150 but I think the top end would be similar power wise . 45 rwhp on a 150 ? Not unless some serious work but I don't know. I don't think my 250 has much more than that - but its torque haha

I think the 125 on the chart had piston mods, head, porting, carb tweaks and exhaust . Its still impressive though as gaining 3 hp wouldn't be easy
  13. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    You are a crazy man - rebuilding a new bike ... Looks a bit Husabergish
  14. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Norman Foley likes this.
  15. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:

While back I ended up in Thunderdome!

I Bust The Deal And Faced The Wheel!

[IMG]
    eddychecker and hakkalugi like this.
  16. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
  17. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sounds good! Great find!
  18. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Come on Darin. What have you done lately. -16 F* and 14" of snow and bored to death. Have a cool new head mounted and no where to test.
    johnnyboy and dartyppyt like this.
  19. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    I bet it sure sounds good, crisp and bad? Anything you notice right off the bat?

Yeah, been brutal winter so far. We are creeping to below zero temps but we sure don't have snow like you!

Figured out that my front rim must have gotten delay from storms up yor way.

I have been grid locked at the engine. You don't really see the cylinder because of tank and pipe.

I can do my covers in about any solid color I want, but nothing seems to pop. Seem to be coming back to silver with the yellow frame and natural cases.

Another option is to go Boyeson, in blue, dk gray, or black covers. They now just released an ignition one. They powder coat theirs, prob cause they are cast? Cast you can't anodize.

Here is a concept I did yesterday, quick out of spray bombs.

The ignition cover would be at a smaller scale based off same concept.

To make this permanent, prob take me around 6 hours to do. End result is a finish, tough as nails and you almost have to sand blast it to get it off. Finish has to be in oven for two hours @ 350 degrees.

The silver I would use, would be lighter, like stainless. The center has to have a white background to apply the yellow.

Part me thinks it will look good with blue anodized shifter tip, brake pedal tip and blue anodized case clutch saver.

Other option is to do cover stainless, possibly a blue anodized color husky logo.....

I do like these blue rims and yellow frame.

Attached Files:

hakkalugi, eddychecker and wallybean like this.
  20. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Some past engines I've done....

Attached Files: