1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

'12 TXC310 Build Up

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Connor, Mar 19, 2013.

1. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    Sounds like he needs the ID of the rubber cones opened up to fit the new bolts.
  2. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    It would be easier just to get the right cones.
    Tinken likes this.
  3. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    What about the steel bushing inside the cones? When I installed my HDB upper and lower clamps, I just left the rubber/steel bushing and steel caps in place and bolted everything up.
  4. Connor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 TXC310
    I will have to wait to see what danny sent me but I don't think it will come with new cones. Plus the new cones fit in the ZipTy upper clamp, NOT the stock clamp. I am going to try and fabricate there bolts to fit my upper clamp.
  5. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Get them boinkers bolted up and get out and boing boing!
  6. Connor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 TXC310
    Their cones fit there clamp, not mine.
  7. Connor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 TXC310
    It is 2AM and I just came back inside after finishing up putting my bike back together. So happy to have a bike again! The handle bar mounts weren't an issue, they fit up nicely and the rubber cones fit perfectly with the bolts. Had to rebend the left side radiator to get all my plastics to fit up correctly but we made it work. Ready to ride tomorrow!
  8. street2dirt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 TXC310, WR300, 85 125WR, 82 175XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G650X
    Nice, ready to hear a ride report on the ZipTy spenders....
  9. Connor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 TXC310
    I rode today a mix of mx and woods riding, and put 1.5 hrs on the bike. I set the sag and took to the track. It isn't a huge difference, or even a big difference. For me the front end wasn't that bad but the rear needed some work. So now the front is better and the rear also better. The front end does two things that I wanted, it doesn't bottom out as easy on the mx track, and it still does well on the small chop in the woods. So I am happy with the front. The rear hooks better now, like the front end wants to wheelie more now because I'm getting more power to the ground better. I had a new spring put on and had the valving changed. It still has the bottoming resistance I wanted, but is more plush. So for me things turned out well. However, it didn't give me that "OMG this is so much better" feeling I was thinking I was going to have. What I need to do is change the front tire, I just don't like it very much. I've been trying the mx71f and it's not that great personally and that made the front end feel vague. I rode my buddies 2012 ktm450sxf about half an hour today as well and the tires on it hooked up better. He has the bridgestone 403/404 combo. So im considering trying that next. I also feel the trials tire hampered me in the rear end when it came to the motocross track as well. Great in the woods but not so awesome on the mx track. The lack of better tires for the occasion hampered the suspension in my opinion. More to come later on..
  10. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    Just go with the bridgestone 203/204. They are soft but seem to hold up well.
  11. Connor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 TXC310
    Im going to try the vee rubber VRM300 on the rear and a mx51fa on the front. Ordered them last night. I will keep the trials tire for specific occasions though. It does have it's purpose.
  12. Connor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 TXC310
    The bike after the day of riding.

New pics 003.JPG

Put an hour and a half on this bike yesterday and probably half an hour on a friends ktm 450. Both were good but wow, what a difference in power! Not even comparable!
  13. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    It really is crazy the difference with the 310 and 450. I think that's why people can go faster on a 310. There's just enought power and not to many "oh s!!!" moments :). That bike is looking great
  14. Connor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 TXC310
    Now to the second part of the ride review. I also rode my buddies rmz250 a little and I wasn't all the keen on that bike (I had ridden a totally modded out 09 rmz250 for awhile). The power just wasn't there but damn did it turn well. That's one area where I feel the 310 excels it may not be the most powerful or the best turning bike but it does both satisfactorily. So I let my friend try my 310 and I mentioned to him to watch out for the front break that it was very touchy. Well he came back 2 laps later with my bars rolled back against my tank and said "well i did what you told me not too, I grabbed the front break in a turn and went over the bars into a bush". So after that the rubber in my upper clamps became super squishy and soft and won't tighten down very well. I happened to tip over a little later on that day when I vine rapped around my boot and foot peg and wouldn't let go and sent me into the ground, which resulted in a very misaligned front end (because of the bar mounts and the rubbers). I have had it with the rubber mounted mounts, they don't do hardly anything for vibration and they always bend. We are getting rid of the rubber mounts and going to drill out the stock top clamp and tap it with a sleeve and make a solid mount so this doesn't happen again.

My top clamp at the moment
    New pics 004.JPG

I am using zip-ty's bottom handlebar mount with bike bonz upper mounts. My biggest complaint with the ZipTy mounts is that the bar riser inserts that come with the bar clamps are almost impossible to get apart!! I hate it!
    New pics 006.JPG

Attached Files:

15. Connor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 TXC310
    I am now using solid mounts. I will be trying them out tomorrow.
  16. Connor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 TXC310
    Took a slide and actually broke a handgaurd rail in half, but the bars never twisted, so the solid mounts worked. I am using EE full wrap around cast aluminum hand guards and I had to drill a new hole in the end to fit the stock mounts and it broke where the hole was (shocker...). But it was all good besides that. Ive finally got this bike where I want it. Suspension is good and the power is good. I don't really plan on adding anything else now, unless something breaks or wears out. My aftermarket list is below.

Renthal fat bar (Dungey/Short bend)
    ZipTy Racing Bottom bar mounts and riser
    Bike Bonz top mount (w/integrated hand guard mounts)
    ODI lock on girps
    EE handguards
    Dunlop front tire (mx51)
    Rear tire changes often
    E-Sticky graphics
    7602 Racing radiator braces
    ZipTy Racing Suspension
    FMF ZipTy Racing supplied Factory 4.1 full exhaust
    52 Tooth rear sprocket
    Twin Air Filter
    JD Jetting EFI tuner
    Hour/Tach meter
    TM Design Works Skid Plate
    yz450f front fender
    Tinken likes this.
  17. Connor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 TXC310
    Here's the bike now, this is most likely the final way it will look. I am finally satisfied with this bike and the only changes I will probably make is tires every so often.

Useless 011.JPG
    View attachment 30511

The NEW tire
    Useless 013.JPG
    Useless 014.JPG

My left handguard is still bent from that crash. Some day when it finally breaks at the bolt hole (like the left guard did) I will have it Tig welded and have it fixed. Until than it will stay like that I guess.
    Useless 015.JPG
  18. s.hutchinson84 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310

Mate that bike looks great! Sweet ride!
  19. Connor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 TXC310

Thank you very much. It's finally where I want it.
  20. Connor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 TXC310
    AndrewS likes this.