1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 06 Wr125 Redo - Done

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by dartyppyt, Nov 28, 2010.

1. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Thanx Guys!
  2. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Here is what the project cost is:

Bike purchase - $1500

Sold 04 RM 125 + $1500

Sold misc parts $300 =

+$300 can go towards new parts below:

Here is what Evan and I spent:

Paint and Polishing Materials $175

Husky Parts from Hall's, Bill's and Upstate Cycles $650

New Plastics/etc $200

Graphics/Decals $120

Tires/Tubes $140

Bearings/Seals $150

Rims Painted $100

Handle Bars $55

Grips $15

Gas Cap $25

Chain/Sprockets $120

Carb $100

Carb hoses/Misc $20

Total spent $1870.00

+ $300 in sold parts from above

Total Out of pocket cost $ 1570.00

Note: Basically, I feel we have a new dependable bike that will last for the next few years, other than costs to maintain it.
    lankydoug likes this.
  3. pahusky Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 250XC '09 1200GSA KLR650
    DONE!!!

In honor of your committment to the brand I felt I could no longer continue with the orange reference in my user name. One small committment on my part to help the cause...

'pahusky' it is![IMG]
    typeone and dartyppyt like this.
  4. dylandog Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    cr125 n 99 wr250
    wow mate,what can i say but "WOW".i've never seen such a nice looking motox bike,will the cases and polishing keep its shine with regular washing/riding or is it going to be a show bike?its amazing well done,i keep checkin to see if youve put anymore pics up,cant wait to see the finished article,steve uk
  5. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Check that out! Someone ought to give you a trophy for that! PAHUSKY it is! Great Job!
  6. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanx glad you like it.

Actually, we wash our bikes after each ride or race. I dry them with a towel and After everything is dry, I use a small Mother's powerball (on my drill)/Green Dragon Polish/ plus a cotton rag to go over everything. Then I spray the bike down with a light mist of WD 40/ Lucas Brand Slick Mist. Once I figure where his boot will rub on the clutch cover. I will make up some clear sheet pieces to change out about 6 times a year. We might get a scratch or two in the swing arm but I will take them out next winter when we disassemble them completely for greasing and rebuilds. This is the 6th bike I've done and they are easier than you think to take care of/ maintain.
  7. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    looks awesome, Darin!! [IMG] maybe i missed it but what tires did you choose?
  8. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanx Typeone! We wanted to try the MOTOZ tires that everyone was talking about. I am impressed with them so far. Good rubber, nice tread design and look like they have good side bite. I will give a ride report on them as soon as we hit the woods. What is nice, you can turn the rear for mud/sand direction this spring, then turn it back the other way as things start drying out.

PS: I got my crank seal last night and came up with enough fuel to fire it. It started 4th kick and sounds good, strong, just like a healthy Husky! I noticed that the old flywheel key looked like it was on it's way to shearing but I was on a mission and reused it for the firing. I want to get a new one before this weekend so we have no issues.

When I shut it off, the carb had gas coming out of the vent tube. My float might be sticking from the carb sitting for a while. I had just enough time to pop the carb off but unfortunately, I had to take off for traveling this week. I am going to do a couple of heat cycles this weekend in the shop and get the air out of the cooling system. I hope the graphics get here to button this thing up.

Thanx!

Darin
  9. andy j Husqvarna
    AA Class

This is just a fantastic job..... i have just one small issue... we need BIGGER and higher resolution pictures... to appreciate the detail and craftmanship that you have given the bike...
    top of the top job... well done!

cant wait to see the grafix when they arrive!
  10. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanx Andy J!

Glad you like it!

I am 3 weeks out on the graphics from Germany, to date, They have to be showing up @ any day. Don't know if I'd do that again? But I do like them.

Thanx!

Darin
  11. dylandog Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    cr125 n 99 wr250
    hi mate,i saw a german company when i was looking for new decals after snaping my shrouds,i then went to a guy from ebay who was a bit cheaper but had a real nice design,ive brought it and its arrived and im gutted,the main shroud decals dont fit the holes on the plastics and the rad decals are completly different shape!i hope yours are better and next time ill use the german company.cant wait to see it all together,you should email a complete picture to Trials n Motocross news here in uk,as they have a show your bike feature and ive never seen a husky init,yours is perfect to show all the orange boys here what a good bike the husky is.
    dartyppyt likes this.
  12. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Send me their e-mail address and I will give it a shot. Worth a shot? Thanx!
  13. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    So, last night I got home and found out that I got my Hall's shipment of some final parts.

I raced back to the shop. I put a new flywheel key in and went back thru the carb. I cleaned it again and adjusted the float level. Now comes the mystery? Put the TMXX carb on and kicked and kicked and kicked! Pulled the drain plug and hardly any gas in float bowl. Carb comes back off. I go thru it again and thought, okay maybe since it sits at an angle, I must need to re adjust it a little more. Put it back on and no gas. Pull the fuel line off and for a short while gas starts flowing again. Put fuel line back on carb, has no kinks, nice down hill travel, and no gas? So, get under my bench and grab my PWK 38. Same thing, no gas getting to it? You pull the fuel line off and gas starts flowing fast. I take the tank off, go back thru the petcock and inside tank filter. Everything is fine, no blockage? This time I turn the petcock around , run a little bit longer hose, no problem. Take the tank back off and reverse the petcock again. Hose has a nice down hill, non kinked way to carb,but no gas! Take tank back off, reverse petcock, great fuel flow to carb? Even tried taking the gas cap off! The only thing that I can figure, is that I am getting an air blockage of some sorts when the hose is run more of a direct, downhill, non kinked way to carb? So, has anyone ever experienced this?

Long story short, I put the TMXX back on, did a couple more heat cycles and took this baby down the road, She flat out rips and am very happy with it! It also, shifts into all gears nice! I don't know if I am a big fan of the hydraulic clutch because it is harder to pull then the cable one, on my 09.

I did notice that when I put the front brake on, I get a little pulsation in the lever. I checked the front disc and it is bent almost to where you can't tell. So, I am going to try and press it back straight or get a new one.

I also am going to try and move my air box in towards the carb. The TMXX is about a 1/8" to 1/4" shorter than the older TMX or the PWK. I think I can shim the back where it bolts up by the rear fender, then drill the subframe (Close to where the side # plate bolts into air box) on the side where it bolts closer, towards the engine. I noticed after the engine got hot, the back air boot moved back some from where I had it clamped on the back of carb.

Going to run a couple more heat cycles and drain the oil since it had time to wash down the inside of the new engine parts.
  14. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Done! Deal! See Us Old Farts Can Still Build Bikes!

[IMG]
  15. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
  16. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
  17. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    [IMG]

I still need a front brake rotor, some fine powervalve adjustments and she is ready to race. I will post a ride report some day and also get a picture of both sides once the sun comes out.

Had a good time and hope ya like her!

Thanx!

Darin
  18. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    I personally want to thank Hall's, Bill's MC,Motosportz,Leipolds, Upstate Cycles, Wally Bean for putting up with me!

Plus all the great guys/gals on Cafe Husky!
    rockdancer likes this.
  19. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Darin,

It is a masterpiece. Congratulations on a job well done. Can't wait for riding shots of you and your son.
  20. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanx Walt, sure wished we lived closer so you could crack the gas on her!