1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Zip-ty "y"

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by MOTORHEAD, Jan 15, 2009.

1. rabskyline Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 te250r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yer maw !
    nah mate, beerburrum, kenilworth, mt mee and north brissy in general but come onto our local website as we ride all over the place most weekends ! http://trailrideraustralia.com .. but i am in same boat as you , no boil on silkolene super cool but i have a fan fitted now (not used it really) but have engine ice waiting to go in when pipe arrives for piece of mind as the 510 is a hot running bike (so ive heard by dealer here) and the 30+(90-100deg/f) heat and humidity doesnt help ....hence why i ordered before the summer ! and if i'd known he had none, i would have went elsewhere..... not that great service and not cheap for a cast alloy pipe in my opinion, so keep yer customers in the loop ! ;) works much better that way !
  2. 7point62 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 Kawasaki TR250
    I got an Uptite Y from Motorsportz about two - three weeks ago no problems. :excuseme:
  3. rabskyline Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 te250r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yer maw !
    doesnt help us here 7point62 when they use this site and see our posts and still no comments or emails to point out what the wait is ! :(
  4. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    I've not seen Motosportz posting to this thread yet, rabskyline, so I wouldn't be so certain that he has seen your posts. Have you tried calling him? Perhaps you can drop him a PM? He is not in the habit of ignoring his customers, so I'm going to assume something else is going on here.

WoodsChick
  5. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Use normal communication channels...call...e-mail. Kelly always responds.
  6. rabskyline Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 te250r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yer maw !
    ok may be i assume too much that he may have had a look in the Y pip thread and expected an email to tell me my pipe isn't in stock or coming anytime soon when i ordered it ......i will pm him. thanks..
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Got your PM's and stuff. We are at the mercy of George from Uptite on these and he says they are coming. You Should have got a Email right back when you ordered saying they were out of stock. Please Email me with your order info and I'll look into it.

thanks,
    Kelly
    Mz
  8. rabskyline Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 te250r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yer maw !
    yeah i am a sure its no fun getting nailed for someone else delaying your parts supply but stick an add in your website to say as such ... that would be plenty ! :)
  9. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Kelly is right on. I have been waiting for Uptite Ys for a LONG time as well.
  10. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Problem on this end is it's So Cal many many of the small investment casting houses have been shut down by the EPA. Much the same with plating Co's. The bigger houses want 3-4 times the money and quantities starting at min 1500 to 3000. So the smaller casting houses are very busy with short runs of product so I just have to wait my turn. I just can't afford to have $20,000 worth of Y's setting around going out 1-2 maybe 20( once a year) at a time . $3000.00 can handle.
    In Europe it's 9 months lead time for most parts, so 4-6 weeks here isn't bad. Thanks for hangin-in hope this Friday. Later George
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    We usually take it off the site if it is out of stock but were told they would be here soon. Looks like they will. Have several on backorder now.
  12. Reddog Husqvarna
    AA Class

George, for future use maybe call these folks.
    Superior Brass Aluminum Casting Co
    4893 Dawn Ave
    East Lansing, MI 48823-5603
    (517) 351-7534

I haven't done anything with them in awhile. But they did good small run work in the past.
    I would be more than happy to manage them from this end for you if it would help.

Wally
  13. rabskyline Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 te250r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yer maw !
    great ! keep us posted.. but if it doesn't happen any time soon, can you point us in the right direction for an alternative over here in Oz or the U.S ? not desperate just yet as its been this way from new (2005/2006)...
  14. rabskyline Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 te250r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yer maw !
    any updates kelly ? (or anyone else for that matter )..anyone know of other manufacturers of this type of item ?

small edit.. surely there are other companies that make these ?? one man cant hold the monopoly on a cast metal Y pipe ? surely not in this day and age ??
  15. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I talked to Al Randt from EE and he is working on a similar Y-Pipe right now. He hopes to have it ready to go in a few weeks.
  16. gestion01 Husqvarna
    A Class

I justed received the zip-ty y. Much better than the ''home depot'' brass option.
  17. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Somebody should contact Boyesen Engineering and see if they might be interested in casting "Y" pipes. They have excellent casting facilities and are into cooling system improvement.
  18. Droolsport Husqvarna
    A Class

I asked them last week if any of the other Y pipes they had would fit the Husky and I was told no because they all have different hose sizes on each leg of the Y and Husky hoses are all the same size. He did say they used Uptites Y on thier race bikes.
  19. gestion01 Husqvarna
    A Class

They are a bit smaller on 2 ends but they fit. You need to replace the stock clamps with standard clamps. Clamp 'em tight ;).

The smaller ends are about the same size as the radiator outlets anyways. Just back from a race, a day of practice and have no issues.

BTW I orded the ''suzuki rmz450 ''y''. My next mod is changing the hoses for silicone.
  20. rabskyline Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 te250r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yer maw !
    so, the suzuki one fits husky's too ? that may be the way to go .....