1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Zip-ty "y"

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by MOTORHEAD, Jan 15, 2009.

1. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Got a few new parts from ZIP-TY Racing. Thought I'd show you the "Y" pipe.

BTW- This is totally a one-off here. I'm sure he'll have one ready for sale before long.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Motorhead, some other additional info, one of our ride crew just ordered some triple trees from Zip-Ty for his Yamaha WR, and he asked about Husky stuff .

He said the mech/tech told him that they are all ready using and experimenting with different suspension link lengths,,,so the Husky trickle down tech has begun!!

He also mentioned the Showa thing coming to dealer near you for '10.
  3. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Very Cool

What does it look like through the holes? Is there much restriction? I made one for a friend of mine but it was a "T". It was a pain to machine out of billet alum. but I did it. I also made one in 2 pieces that he could weld but it was also very time consuming to machine. This one looks very nice!
  4. rajobigguy Administrator

I'm sure it's very nice but I think I would prefer one of Uptites one piece castings.
  5. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Yeah, machining a "T" must have been fun. My hat's off to you.

A "Y" from billet would be a lot of work.

It's pretty clean inside. They did a great job welding it up. I set it up this way so there is nothing over the valve cover. The OE hose does a double 90 over the front of the cover, making it a little hard to get off. With this and some re-routing of wires I was able to clear almost everything from over the cover.
  6. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    Ditto, I just finally got around to putting mine on. He still has a bunch too.:thumbsup:
  7. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Is there really a need to reinvent the Y ? Uptites is reasonable, works great, and already exists.
  8. Dieselox4 Husqvarna
    A Class

I agree but its buisness. It will obviously get better or worse depending on how you look at it.

Better because as the Husky gets more attention, more shops will start making more aftermarket parts.

Worse (imo) because those that have supported the Husky in its not so popular days will probably get their parts duplicated.

Those shops that are not familiar with Husky problems that want to get into it because of its popularity, will most likely look at what parts are available already and why. "Oh i see some huskys have overheating problems. what is the fix? Oh UP-TITE sells something. Ill make that in my shop also. What else can i make that other shops are to get in on this?" Thats what it sounds like.

For me, I will be supporting the few that were there when i came into Huskys, (a few years now) with support, parts and knowledge. Then if they dont have it, i will venture out. Plus the knowledge that these shop owners have provided to alot over the years has been first rate and personal. You will not see that when Husky gets more popular. Not to mention they actually ride the bike that they support. Not a hit on them but i would trust a shop that rides the bike they build parts for before a shop that mass produces parts for Husky but rides Jap bikes.

Like i said, Its just my opinion. Im not bagging on the upcoming aftermarket parts suppliers and producers. I just remember who was there for me.

When i made the switch, it was nice having the best bike. Now its getting out.

Nice part though MOTORHEAD. It looks sweet.

mike
  9. crb345 Husqvarna
    B Class

Are they going with Showa in 2010 or Kayaba?:confused:
  10. huskyte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09/te310
    Try makeing a t-y. The y is good but hits the tank on the left. t-y wood have better clearance.
  11. Last Lap Husqvarna
    A Class

You can get uneven flow or slower flow from a "T" fitting. My uptite "Y" fits good on my 310.
  12. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

For what it's worth, Zip-TY racing buys and uses my Y's on their race bikes. Later George
  13. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    niiice !!:thumbsup:
  14. loony888 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    400 CR0SS
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati's
    hows your supply lately? mine is on back order with one of your resellers:excuseme:

paul.
  15. rabskyline Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 te250r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yer maw !
    still awaiting mine from motorsportz. didnt get any emails about back ordered ? :(
  16. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    He has them. I bought one yesterday

He has axle nuts to replace the large hex.
    Pipes for most huskys. Very high performance and strong hangers.
    LED Headlights, plug and play. One bright, one REAL bright (think desert)
    Oil Fill caps for some models that leaked
    Throttle tubes
    Carb Vent tubes and filters
    Skid plates for most all huskys
    Mid pipe heat shields
    A kit fix for the weak FI red plastic connectors.
    Parts to do power up.
    Lots of little fixes for significant issues on bikes. These you find out about when you stop in and visit.
    Parts for fitment of Stabilizers on IMS tank bikes.

Probably more, just haven't seen all the stuff.
  17. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Having another 300 cast as of friday they are in the casting stages now should be here by next friday. Later George
  18. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

how about factory 2009 TXC 250 graphics? any in stock?
  19. rabskyline Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 te250r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yer maw !
    do motorsportz have any cos i havent had an email saying eitherwise and ordered mine couple of weeks ago and no email or nothing to say yes its posted or no its not available.. sent emails no reply ! :confused:

just to add, its getting well above 30 degree's here and need as much flow as possible ! not even summer yet !!!
  20. loony888 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    400 CR0SS
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati's
    hey rabskyline, we should have had a chat before we ordered!!!
    mine is on back order with kelly, as is yours i suspect. i've already let him know it's getting warm and i want to do a coolant flush when i change the T to a Y.
    you ever head out to gatton forrestry?

paul.