1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC Zip Ty Racing 125 Build Project

Discussion in '2st' started by ajaxauto, Aug 22, 2017.

1. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

here are a few more how can you all the pictures at once

Attached Files:

Johnrg and Norman Foley like this.
  2. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

more

Attached Files:

Norman Foley likes this.
  3. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Here is some of what we did
    Took a 2017 Husky TC 125 and made it into more of a off road bike then a MX bike
    Motor is stock but Head has been shaved and reshaped
    FMF Fatty Pipe with FMF Turbin core sparky
    BRP upper flexable mounts with Scotts steering stabilizer
    IMS 3.3 Gallon Tank with dry break
    Bullet Prof Raditator guards
    P3 Pipe Guard and P3 Skid Plate
    Zip Ty Racing Shark Fin
    18 Inch rear wheel
    Keihin Short Body carb with JD jet kit and Zip Ty Racing adjustable air screw and magnetic drain plug
    There is more but those are a few of what we have done
  4. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

OK First test ride

First day we tried to use the stock Mikini Carb Spent hours testing and changing with no positive results for the type of riding I do

Then Ty installed a 2016 Style Keihin Short Body Carb which he stocks that comes with a JD Jet kit and his special adjustable air screw and magnetic drain plug. First kick started and ran perfect no adjustments needed

Took the bike out on my 35 mile test loop which has a lot of everything .Very much like a loop 2 or 3 National Hare and Hound with a few King of the Moto sections.

Bike works perfect has the power to pull everywhere can lug down to almost zero and then pull to top of 6th

Glad to be back on a 125 Will race the final round of the Hare and Hounds on the Zip Ty Racing 125 in 2 weeks

Will work a little on the suspension before then.But the motor is perfect
    wallybean and Huskynoobee like this.
  5. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    "DelGro" racing? "Coachella Gas Station"?

what? -smoke a bowl before the race and never worry about what place.... wait, what were we talking about again? :o

ps- the bike looks beautiful
  6. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Going out this afternoon testing different air pressure and setting This bike is so much fun to ride To bad I have to work and the sun goes down at 6pm
    Huskynoobee and wallybean like this.
  7. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Well got in a ride after work I do not know what Ty has done to the forks But he told me to set air at 100 and both clickers at zero. OMG This bike is scary good way to fast for me. Tomorrow Iwill work on the tea .
    Huskynoobee likes this.
  8. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have a problem, that there is no cure for. It is a Zip Ty Racing 125 This bike has made me late for work and then in the afternoon it makes me late for dinner. Since I first started to ride it. I have not seen my house in the day light. I leave early and come home late. My wife thinks I have a new girlfriend. To which I say yes I do she is a Zip Ty 125

Cant wait till next weekend for the Checkers National Hare and Hound in Barstow Calif Where the little 125 will run against the open class.
  9. wrx Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1973 to 1986 husky's various models
    Other Motorcycles:
    RM -250 / Buell / Penton 400 mc5
    STICKY ICKY PERFORMANCE
  10. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.
  11. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hey Robert just wit till you ride this bike You need to do a back to back ride against your YZ 125 You will not believe it
    robertaccio likes this.
  12. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    lets see a 17 year old, 2001 YZ125 built by me from the ground up...or a new ZTR TX125 Husqvarna built by Ty Davis......hmm tough choice
    Norman Foley and ptkatoomer like this.
  13. david.bergen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ajp pr4 240,beta xtrainer,beta rr250
    Did you use a 36 or 38 mm keihin carb ?
  14. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I do not know What came stock on the 2016 bike Call Ty at Zip Ty Racing 760 244 7028 and it will make the bike run great
    Norman Foley, pvduke and Huskynoobee like this.
  15. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    bada** jon-boy. looks like quarter-liter fever is hitting again....

killer graphics man...

edit-

interesting point about the case/collars. i just checked my bike (M.Y. '18)...definitely looks like there is something in the case but i cant be 100% sure w/o teardown. gona pull the arm and lube it up this week and im gona scope it out....

i also checked the OEM fische...the '17 cases (p# 50430000033) were superseded to the M.Y. '18....new p# is 50430000044. but either or...arm is coming off for lube-up and i'll check it out in case someone is curious.

enjoy the new scooter man. i love it when the author posts "i was late fer work" cuz his bike is so good...lol.
    robertaccio likes this.
  16. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Well after 1 full year of racing the Nationals and 2 of the New Dist 37 Sprint Enduros I will report the Zip Ty Racing TC 125 worked great everywhere. All I did all year was change a few spark plugs and then change oil and clean the filter Nothing broke and all was good.
    I ran stock gearing all year But today I got in a 12 tooth ft sprocket and will test that out this weekend Yes might give up a little in the fast stuff but should pick up some speed in the super tuff stuff
    Looks like 2019 will see the 125 back at the races
  17. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    yea to continue to embarrass younger guys on larger displacement machines.....(that includes me)
    Huskynoobee likes this.