1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC Zip Ty Racing 125 Build Project

Discussion in '2st' started by ajaxauto, Aug 22, 2017.

1. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Well it has started. With the help of Ty we are going build the best off road 125 The bike will start as a new TC 125 and with a lot of parts from the TE line. This bike should be great for what I want.
    Ty already completely took the bike and motor apart. There are so many little Zip Ty Racing attention to details things that we will post as we build this bike. If all go as planned I want to start racing it at the Nationals Hare and Hounds.

So stay tuned as we will post pictures and every thing we do will be posted. I am so looking forward to this build
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    I wanna riiiide her, please.
    If you race the 125 at the 100s MC final, you may convince me to race my CrMo 2001 YZ125. Old guys on 125s having fun.
    Huskynoobee likes this.
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    John post fotos!!!
    Kam1 and Norman Foley like this.
  4. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yes Huskyneebee is going to take photo as we build. Yesterday Ty machined the cases back where the swing arm bolts to the case. Reason is both the cases and the swing are aluminum and as the arm goes up and down after time the cases start to get out of shape from having no protection . So Ty machines the cases and put in a steel insert to protect the cases
    should have pictures up by tomorrow Just another Zip Ty trick to help get you to the finish
    Huskynoobee and robertaccio like this.
  5. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

My plan is to ride it at the 100s National in the 50a class against the open bikes
    Trenchcoat85 and robertaccio like this.
  6. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    this is gonna be way kool
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    OK I will need to not beat my 125 to pulp prior to the event.
    So glad you will be in the race this year.
    Interesting about the steel bushings, I replaced the YZ125 bushings in my project bike, they are super close tolerance bushings and took some serious oomph to remove and reinstall, used heat and cold. Your new 125 should have quite abit more HP than my 01 beast as for suspension, I think that George at Suspension 101 has her set up well for H&H as she is a little tight for single track. Glad you are going back to the 125 program. If we get hung up in the mountains at least we can carry the bike!!!
  8. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Remember Mr Wat hihself built a 2016 TC 125 into a offroad bike before there were TE150. He has a sured me of the smile factor. Walt told me based on how he use to set up my Italian Husky 125 and 165 motors who by the way he now owns. That Ty will have the TC working better that I could ever imagine. This is great
    robertaccio and Norman Foley like this.
  9. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Yep, I'll be at the shop tomorrow to start with documentation. I knew you couldn't have just 1 bike for very long. We have to bring John and Robert up on stage at the race if they both race the tiddlers. That'll show the guys who think they have to have a big ol 450 or 500 to compete what's up.
    Norman Foley and robertaccio like this.
  10. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Today FMF Hooked me up with a sweet Fatty and Turbin core spark arrestor. That should get the motor singing and keep me in compliance with the Forestry Service

Attached Files:

11. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    The Don and Danny FMF show in full effect!!!
    Norman Foley likes this.
  12. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    I had a chance to go to the shop today. Ty has been slipping in a little time to get the frame built into a roller. What you've got here is a brand new factory Husqvarna frame and subframe. Complete with a showroom clean shock and AER forks.

20170824_151426.jpg
    Norman Foley likes this.
  13. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Here are a couple more views for you. 20170824_151548.jpg 20170824_151439.jpg
    Norman Foley likes this.
  14. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    As promised here are the case halves with the steel bushing. As explained by Mr Ajaxauto the case is machined to accept a steel sleeve. The case holes start to warp, which causes the engine to move around and vibrate. This then leads to having to tighten the swingarm bolt tighter, and motor mounts tighter , which will eventually warp and crack the frame. While standard on the 4 stroke motors, the smaller 2 Strokes lack the steel sleeves. 20170824_151235.jpg 20170824_151249.jpg
  15. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Ty told me he is working on the crank, cant wait to see that go into the cases. The cylinder is going to stay stock 125. But some special head work will be done. He will also raise the compression that should help the low end power.
    robertaccio likes this.
  16. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    I say again interesting about the bushings, for example my YZ125 has that type of bushing and they are super hardened steel. For another project I tried to ream them, my Chiny built reamers were softer than those bushing and would not cut them. I assume my 3 hundo does not have sleeve bushings either?
  17. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    I don't know. I'll have to ask Ty.
  18. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I did not see any on my 2016 Husky TE 300 Put I will tell you when I pull the motor before it goes back in it will have them

As for the 125 I cant wait to race it at the Nationals Hare and hounds against the open class I did it before so might just get lucky again
  19. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Another #1 plate would be awesome.
  20. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    The hardened bushing not being there probably explains why my friends KTM 300 had a wallered out frame and the swing arm pivot bolt had to be over tightened or it would come loose.
    robertaccio likes this.