Would you sell your bike (TR650) back to KTM for full MSRP?

Discussion in 'TR650' started by mag00, Aug 2, 2016.

?

Would you sell your bike back to KTM for full MSRP?

yes 27 vote(s) 55.1%
no 13 vote(s) 26.5%
maybe 9 vote(s) 18.4%
  1. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    [IMG]

Should be in the USA in about a half year. Hopefully KTM will have my check ready :D
    Muddler, PaulC and danketchpel like this.
  2. danketchpel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Moto Guzzi, Ducati, Beta
    Have you found any real info on that?

I'm sure hoping Yami does and pulls it off right. I think they'll shred the market with it if they don't muck it up and make it too heavy.
  3. Hansi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    09 Versys

I think I'm going to sit back and wait and don't hold my breath on that one☺
    glitch_oz likes this.
  4. Hansi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    09 Versys

Yamaha has not tried to sell the Tenere 660 here in the states, why would they think about selling the still imaginary FZ07 ADV bike here?
  5. Newfoundlander Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
  6. gullywasher Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ6, Beta 300RR

It will be a great bike, I'm sure, but I am certainly not expecting it to be 50/50 machine. Perhaps it will be a viable option for Strada fans, but not what this Terra rider is looking for. I could be wrong though. There still isn't anything out there like the Terra.
  7. RockinRod Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    79 GS850G, 99VFR800Fi , 04ST1300A
    Guys,
    Do I or would I take what I paid for it.....I like many of us out here have mods done that have improved my Terra lots, new gearing and chain, tires,air filters,
    seat kits, racks and side racks too.....I'd end up about even if I got what I paid for it...but I didn't buy it to sell it I got it to ride and I do. I'd hate to buy another bike to get where I am now...even with ill running condition I'd probably keep my Terra
    LED likes this.
  8. Next Strada Demolitionist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    I'm with Rod. I really like the bike. When I ride my friend's Sertao it just doesn't compare. Comfort, acceleration, handling, suspension... it's all very different--less exciting to be honest. It's hard to believe they share as many parts as they do. I have about $9000 in my Terrified Strada and I'd have to spend more than that to dial in a KTM or other replacement bike considering how the TR is set up now. I also never had the kind of issues other report on the forums--a stumble now and then, one seizure when pulling out of an intersection, but nothing too serious overall.
  9. Hulksta Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Terra, 2007 TE510
    Just give us the ecu upgrade and we'll be right.
    mag00 likes this.
  10. mysery1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650 strada
    Right now my Strada is nothing but garage art due to an EWS error. Hell I,d let them have it for Nada/Kbb value and never look back. But do I expect KTM/Husqvarna to own up this, no. 20160907_110441.jpg
  11. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    Welcome, looks like you may have a delay in getting your posts going. If you would care to elaborate on the EWS error and how it came about, and get some good direction, post up a new topic about it. Pictures, history on how it happened, things you've tried etc.
    Next and PaulC like this.
  12. DeLewis Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Sorry to hear that. On the other hand it's probably the best looking rooster I've seen. Awesome wheelset!
  13. mysery1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650 strada
    Well the garage art is running after collecting dust for the last 8 months. I ended up installing a ground strap from ECU case to the negative battery post and it fired right up. Put 40 miles on it yesterday and everything seem to be working fine. Need to ride today to burn the rest of the old gas and then do an oil change. I will say I like the way the bike handles with new wheel set, 150/60-17 rear and 120/70-17 front.:banana:
  14. CarstenB Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    did you disconnect battery and/or ECU when you installed the ground strap?
  15. MookieWilson Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    sxv,cb
    Pics please of the ground strap and the bike with the 17" wheels.
    Thanks
  16. glitch_oz Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada
    Nope...just made up a 5sqmm insulated copper lead from one of the ECU-base-plate bolts to the battery negative, took the two ECU mounting screw off, flipped over the ECU and connected
    the 6mm eyelet connector via a star-washer/ serrated washer to the base-plate of the ECU, then to the battery negative.
    There's an existing connection there anyway, no reason to disconnect anything for the sake of doubling up on that link.
  17. glitch_oz Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada

You might wanna have a real close look at that before passing over a check to anyone....
    Seen it in the flesh ...and that sure stopped any checks, thanks.
  18. CarstenB Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    i know how to install the strap but was curious if mysery1 disconnected the ECU or battery as that may have fixed the EWS error.
  19. mysery1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650 strada
    Disconnecting the battery or the ECU did not clear EWS error only after running the ground strap did the EWS error clear. I will start a new thread on this, was trying download some pictures but I'm having problems.
  20. Scott Jones Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    1995 Kawasaki KLR 250 2016 Beta XT
    Me? I get a full MSRP KTM check I'm buying a Beta 390 or 500! Not holding my breath though.