1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc which rekluse for wr300?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by husky3002t, Oct 19, 2013.

1. husky3002t Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr300
    hey guys and girls

which rekluse kit should i get for my wr300? and can you still use the clutch manually if you need to?
    cheers
  2. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    yes & youre a cheater!;) don't know which kit but mate has the top of the line one in his berg 300 & you can still use the clutch as normal, if you didn't know it was installed you wouldn't realise except for lack of stallability(its in the dictionary somewhere near the back). magura hydro not enough mate? again, cheater. :)
  3. woodzi Husqvarna
    AA Class

I don't think they make the Core EXP model for the 300.

I have the Z-Start Pro in mine. It has a manual override, but the lever has a heavy, strange feeling. If you like to manually slip the clutch, you may not like the feel. Fortunately, the 300 has enough power that you don't need to be on the clutch.

This is the first autoclutch I have had in over 35 years of riding. I like it. After 1 year with the autoclutch, the only time the bike has stopped is from running out of gas, or hitting the kill button. I would take this over the weight and complexity of electric start any day :)
  4. gots_a_sol Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR177
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 250RR

Are you sure you have a z-start pro (the one with all the ball bearings)? The EXP versions I've used have always made the clutch pull super hard, but the ZSP I had in my old yamaha had a laughably soft lever.

I prefer the ZSP to the EXP because of the lever situation (really don't like how it keeps the cable pulled tight all the time), but the 125's only get the EXP :(
  5. Long_Stroke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR300, 2013 WR144, 2020 FE501s
    Other Motorcycles:
    1996 DR350, 2002 Aprilia Caponord
    I've got the EXP on my 300 and its fine. Slightly heavier clutch pull but its heavy to begin with. Cable clutch makes it easy to adjust if need be on the trail. Hydraulic clutch with Rekluse on a friends orange bike cannot be adjusted without pulling the clutch apart. The 300 doesn't need much clutch fanning with the Rekluse but if you need to change the rpm engagement you can change small internal springs for 3 different engagement rpm ranges. I left mine in the middle range and its perfect for me.

Rocky Mountain ATV is where I got mine.
  6. woodzi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes, for sure its a Z-Start. It is when the clutch is locked up that the lever gets harder. At idle it is really easy.
  7. varagaz Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have a z-pro super light on my wr300 in fact its lighter than std clutch . great when your tired dont have to use that kick start . might be selling my rekluze and provini and also hi-comp head unused when i sell my wr cant ride anymore just got out of hospital lost 50% of t4 vertabrae +fracture
  8. gary alger Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    yz250
    I would be interested in all three pm me please....
  9. husky3002t Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr300
    hahaha yep im gunna cheat!!! na the magura is sweet but lately found myself caught out in some technical stuff where the bike is stalling and the terrain is either real steep or off camber stuff and its just so much of a pain in the arse to kick over.....so really want to elimanate the stalling.
  10. Glenn haynes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    13 yz250f 08yz85 11ktm 65 09 ktm65
    I have the EXP,and it works great. I don't care for the feel of the lever of the pro version.
  11. Bryan M Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    10 GasGas ec300, 12 Ducati Monster
    do it on your bike?? i feel for ya, im layed up on the couch now as we speak with a broken knee and partially torn MCL..id take that any day over a back injury tho:(
  12. varagaz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes mate hurt myself on my wr i normally just ride practice tracks mx &enduro entered a charity mx race here in the uk got ran into last race of the day 1st lap flattened from behind buried my head into a jump good job i had a neck brace
  13. Bryan M Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    10 GasGas ec300, 12 Ducati Monster
    Sorry to hear that...good luck with tbe healing process. Hope things go well enough you can ride again. Sorry to the op for the hijak:)
    shawbagga likes this.
  14. husky3002t Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr300
    i think i will be putting some serious thought into the zstart pro setup
  15. billyp10980 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have the exp. Works great. Does its job fine at a lower cost.
  16. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    I had the exp and it worked good but I didn't like the stiff clutch pull. Rekluse took it back and I bought the z start pro. Love the super easy clutch pull and with six tungston balls it hooks up really nice.
  17. WR Chris Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki KX250F
    I have the z start pro in mine & honestly I think I would go with the exp. I don't think you can use it as "manually" as they claim. It seems to be more of a light switch kind of feeling. I've got 55 hours on it now and have tried every adjustment. Hope this helps!
  18. JDJ Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    prev07 YZ450F , 07 CRF250X , 03XR250
    Stay away from the Revloc if they even make it anymore. I had it on my WR 300 and it fell apart. Never really liked it anyway. Happy to go back to stock clutch.
  19. Johnny105 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 WR250 (Sold), 14 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 KTM 50sx (daughters), 14 RMZ450
    I am really liking the Rekluse exp 2.0 I put in my WR 250. The clutch pull is harder with the Rekluse as it comes with different clutch springs but I hardly ever use my clutch anymore. It really helped me out this past weekend when I fell the bike never stalled I just picked it up and rode on.
  20. husky3002t Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr300
    well after much deliberation i decided on the exp 2.0 and pulled the trigger and got it............well what a awesome thing it is! it made so much difference to the tight steep rocky stuff we often ride here and the bike didnt stall once!! very happy with it.
    Glenn haynes and Johnny105 like this.