Where is the 650 forum? (TR650 in the house...)

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Motosportz, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Toyboy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TXC250/2012 TXC310, 2013 TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW Hp2E/Yamaha Super T/BMW R1200RTP
    Checked with my dealer yesterday about when the accessories and a list with pricing from Husky will be avail. He Said the stuff is in customs and looks like two weeks. He is checking on at least getting the list and what pricing will be. Some of the not so "hard" parts would be nice to know about such as the windscreen, heated grips etc. Will post when I get any future info. Looking forward to see what Motosportz gens up for bars, mounts, exhaust, skid plate...
  2. Toyboy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    BIg Dog,
    Wish they were closer....I would love to give my bike up for a template in exchange for free stuff!
    It is available if anyone interested in one on the east coast!!
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I am posting the TR650 parts in the Motosportz forum to try not to pollute this thread with my stuff. But... The bar mounts are done. Stock and 1/2 inch taller, Black, red or natural colors. they are at that anodizers now. I am also building a cool top clamp that will accommodate hand guards and windshields mounts (building that mount too). The skid plate design is done and being built right now.

Fat bar mounts / risers... (the black part under the clamp is just a stand for the picture)

[IMG]

prototype skid plate...

[IMG]

Top clamp / HG mount / windshield mounts up next. I am full in on this bike.

Kelly
    Motosportz
  4. Toyboy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hello Kelly,
    Interested in the 1/2 taller bar mounts for sure. Are you taking names etc? Scott from Toytech called CA today and spoke with parts manager. Won't be any accessories here for about a month at least. No price list...they are working on catalog. Seems they may have put the cart in front of the horse on this one. Interestingly enough did find a set of lowering links on Ebay.de.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

email me and I'll get you on the list. will be on the site and announced here (motosportz section of this forum) when ready to ship.

motosportz@gmail.com

Thanks
  6. Toyboy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
  7. patobravo Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW F650
    Can you post a larger pic of the underseat stuff?
    No fuses is very interesting, I was wondering when OEM would come around to this.
  8. IPA Brewer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Multistrada, KTM 690E
  9. pmpski_1 Husqvarna
    A Class

I checked out a TR650 at a local dealer today. I didn't ride it, but I agree with others - it looks MUCH nicer in person than in the pictures. I'm on the fence - not sure if I want to find a TE630 or buy one of these. I'd like something a bit more dirt oriented, but if I'm honest with myself I'd say that I'll spend most of my time on pavement. I'd really like to hear how this bike does off road if any of you get a chance.
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I have ridden some trail and 2 track on mine. does just fine, not hard to ride off road and fun. It is a bigger bike so you don't want to get in over your head as reeling it back will not be EZ. Stock gearing is very tall and makes 1st to tall for single track. Tires kinds suck off road. But, the bike feels like a big dirt bike in the dirt and does just fine within limits. Was not odd feeling in fact felt to good and I almost lost it a few times playing MX boy on it. It is fine for dirt and amazing on the street and gravel.
    Ol'NumNuts, MattR and Coffee like this.
  11. pmpski_1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Hmm. Sounds like the TR650 would be great for the WABDR then?
  12. Ol'NumNuts Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wantin a Terra 650
    WABDR = Wicked Australian outBack Dirt Rider ??? :scratching head?
  13. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    As far as google knows its the Washington backcountry discovery route but yours sounds better lol
    WoodsChick and Coffee like this.
  14. pmpski_1 Husqvarna
    A Class

15. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    California has one, too!
  16. BigDog Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM950--KLR--Yamaha WR250R---KTM 450
  17. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
  18. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    bigdog, i read this...

Dash Instrumentation
    Love everything about it exept the bright high beam indicator bulb------it will blind you in the night.
    It has one mode in which it tells you how much fuel you've used---and it's spot on.
    Speedometer is just 2 mph fast. Pretty good----most bike are much worse.
    I think it goes 55mph at 3,500 RPM.

and have to ask, does your trip reset when you shut off the bike. Mine resets to 29.7 miles every time. I;m sure thats not what it supposed to do.
  20. Thumpa Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    CCM Dakar, G650X
    I'd also like to say what a great job Big Dog did between filming, musical arrangement and narrating the vid. Great to hear the bike running past the mic. As it reminded me of one of many ideosyncratic details particular to this machine that i just love. Not just the deep throaty moan of the pipes. But the unique sound when rolling off, on deceleration. From the pilots perspective something midway between the crisp spinning of a revolver chamber. And the rattle of a rattlesnake! Tickles me pink every time!
    Also a big thanks to Kelly who's fabulous first hand account of the bike cinched the deal for me. I stayed up late reading that on the tuesday, next day found Motoxotica had just received their first shipment that very day. Drove straight over, pretty much knew i had to get it. Collected the bike on friday.
    Coffee and LandofMotards like this.